Greetings everyone.

Just to clarify first the below is a personal opinion open to discussion.

I was recently issued by my company an iPhone 4s in replacement of my previous BB9900. I am employed within a high profile company in the oil & gas industry.

The company always used BBs and had the infrustructre for it (BES) however an update on our phones was due and for accounting purposes it was wise to proceed with replacement of previous devices(BB9900).

So we were issued with iphone 4s and 5. ( depending on your position) The device was chosen by the IT department.

After almost 4 months of using iPhones we often find ourselves ''ashamed'' to put them on meeting tables( yes they are toys). Neverthless nobody likes the way that emails are answered or imessage...it feels teenaged and not professional at all. A big hit it is the time we are loosing to reply to emails, lack of BBM and in general the phone feels odd.

However not it is too late...we are stuck with iToys, my manager tried to persuade a BB10 (Q10) replacement buy without any success.

I wish i kept my 9900.......
    08-21-13 06:58 AM
    What is your company's policy regarding the purchase of apps? Consumer market loves IOS and DROID for the selection of apps but if that is locked down then what is the benefit of adopting IOS over BlackBerry or even WP?
    08-21-13 07:12 AM
    Greetings everyone.

I was recently issued by my company an iPhone 4s in replacement of my previous BB9900. I am employed within a high profile company in the oil & gas industry.

The company always used BBs and had the infrustructre for it (BES) however an update on our phones was due and for accounting purposes it was wise to proceed with replacement of previous devices(BB9900).

So we were issued with iphone 4s and 5. ( depending on your position) The device was chosen by the IT department.

After almost 4 months of using iPhones we often find ourselves ''ashamed'' to put them on meeting tables( yes they are toys). Neverthless nobody likes the way that emails are answered or imessage...it feels teenaged and not professional at all. A big hit it is the time we are loosing to reply to emails, lack of BBM and in general the phone feels odd.

However not it is too late...we are stuck with iToys, my manager tried to persuade a BB10 (Q10) replacement buy without any success.

It is pretty clear to me that the vast majority of business people don't feel that way. All you have to do is look around where there are lots of business people. Also, having used BBs since the RIM 950 and iPhones since the 3, it is my experience that apart from the keyboard my options for business apps are vastly better in the iphone. I don't typically lose mail either, maybe that is some set up problem. Is it BES with the iPhones or OWA? Frankly, I have never heard of it happening.
    08-21-13 04:50 PM
    Greetings everyone.

I was in the same predicament when our company issued uss samsung galaxy s3/ lte tablets from our BlackBerry device usage and I use to rip my hair out trying to respond to emails and getting touch typing correct. I know I type correctly and it use to waste so much time. I am Soooo happy to be back on blackberry as the qwerty keyboard is unbeatable in accuracy and convenience.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-21-13 04:57 PM
    It is pretty clear to me that the vast majority of business people don't feel that way. All you have to do is look around where there are lots of business people. Also, having used BBs since the RIM 950 and iPhones since the 3, it is my experience that apart from the keyboard my options for business apps are vastly better in the iphone. I don't typically lose mail either, maybe that is some set up problem. Is it BES with the iPhones or OWA? Frankly, I have never heard of it happening.
    I think there is definitely some truth to this, however, I would bet that you would find a different sentiment between Fortune X00 business people compared to small/medium companies.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:17 PM
    I think there is definitely some truth to this, however, I would bet that you would find a different sentiment between Fortune X00 business people compared to small/medium companies.

Posted via CB10

Perhaps. Which ones do you think are most likely to have which phone? I can only base it on what I see. Well, and the sales numbers. I travel by air a lot, although I have cut down this the last few years. In 2012 and 2011 it was about 125,000 miles a year. About twice that for maybe 5 years before that. I have posted here before that since I fly that much I am almost always bumped up to first or business class for cheap or free. Most of the people up there are very frequent business travelers. I can tell you that in 2007 they ALL had Blackberries to a first approximation. Now you still see them but They are much less common in my estimation. Much less. In addition, I would guess most of the people who have them also have an Android or iPhone. It has been an enormous shift in my observation.
    08-21-13 05:30 PM
    My boss had an iPhone and just recently I saw that he now had a q10 which I would have never expected.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in a business environment with an iPhone after ios7 is released with it's new interface changes. It just seems so unprofessional and kiddy like.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-21-13 07:01 PM
    What's wrong with the new IOS 7 interface?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:07 PM
    My boss had an iPhone and just recently I saw that he now had a q10 which I would have never expected.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in a business environment with an iPhone after ios7 is released with it's new interface changes. It just seems so unprofessional and kiddy like.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying that you think in a business environment people should be more concerned with the way the icons on the phone look that they are with the productivity tools it provides? I wouldn't see it that way.

Posted via CB10
    raremage likes this.
    08-21-13 07:26 PM
    Are you saying that you think in a business environment people should be more concerned with the way the icons on the phone look that they are with the productivity tools it provides? I wouldn't see it that way.

Posted via CB10
    Well bb10 is better at productivity in some ways as well so I wouldn't act like ios has a monopoly on that. More apps yes but for some things like email and keyboard it goes to bb10 in my opinion which is important to a lot of people.

My opinion on the interface was backed up by a coworker who's daughter installed the beta on his iPhone. He made the same comments about the changes and went back to ios6 after using it. I think it will turn some professionals off.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:41 PM
    I get what the OP is saying but I think it is the difference in a BlackBerry vs an iPhone.

I find a iPhone is a great consumption device and has the apps for it. And yes it does emails but the apps are what it stands apart on.

Compared to a BlackBerry that seems to be a more serious about content creation.

I've noticed that emails coming from iPhone users are really short compared to emails from BlackBerry devices which seem to be more detailed.

That has been my experience anyways.

Posted via CB10
    cookie20 likes this.
    08-21-13 07:44 PM
    Greetings everyone.

they are phones your toys bs smear tactics is bogus..
    21stNow likes this.
    08-21-13 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    In the business world professionals expect their phones to be on 24/7 not to reboot here and there...
    Tazos likes this.
    08-21-13 07:50 PM
    What's wrong with the new IOS 7 interface?

Posted via CB10
    The new Apple OS7 looks like it was inspired by the care bears, my little pony and lite bright. Not sayin that there's anything wrong with that. If you like that kinda stuff, then great.

Because I zed so
    08-21-13 07:52 PM
    Okay. But what does that have to do with icons? Or apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    what kind of person judge another person based on the phone he/she uses? The usual story about BB users who think they are more professional or special than the others and their phone is so much better, that must be why BB 10 is a total flop...but guess what we all are going to be using the other devices because BB is going away.
    Tazos likes this.
    08-21-13 08:07 PM
    Okay. But what does that have to do with icons? Or apps?

Posted via CB10
    They are just angry that BB is no more so they find faults in other much superior OS
    08-21-13 08:11 PM
    what kind of person judge another person based on the phone he/she uses? The usual story about BB users who think they are more professional or special than the others and their phone is so much better, that must be why BB 10 is a total flop...but guess what we all are going to be using the other devices because BB is going away.
    Mostly it goes the other way with iPhone users judging people over the phone they use which is pretty pathetic. I had an iPhone until bb10 so i've seen both sides.

If BB is so unimportant then why are you commenting on a BB website about them anyway?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by matt4pack; 08-21-13 at 08:22 PM.
    08-21-13 08:12 PM
    Mostly it goes the other way with iPhone users judging people over the phone they use which is pretty pathetic.

If BB is so unimportant then why are you commenting on a BB website about them anyway?

Posted via CB10
    I can only speak for myself. I recently started using a Q10. I was familiar with BBOS but wanted to learn more about the newer phones and related (apps and accessories for instance). So I have been reading some of those threads and posting on a few as appropriate.

I have been posting on threads like this because I know something about them and I choose to.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:22 PM
    I didn't direct it at you but the guy screaming about judging people by the phone they use while doing exactly that to bb users.

I never even used bbos and came to bb10 from an iphone so I've seen both sides and I'm not just some diehard bb fan. I do think my comment about ios7 is truthful though as I've seen the same reaction from other iphone users as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:34 PM
    I didn't direct it at you but the guy screaming about judging people by the phone they use while doing exactly that to bb users.

I never even used bbos and came to bb10 from an iPhone so I've seen both sides and not just some diehard bb fan. I do think my comment about ios7 is truthful though as it was my reaction and other iphone users reaction as well.

Posted via CB10
    I have an iphone 5 in addition to the Q10. I like both, for very different reasons. I didn't take your remark personally by the way. I thought it was, generally speaking, an interesting question.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:39 PM
    In the business world professionals expect their phones to be on 24/7 not to reboot here and there...
    So then why use a fragile piece of slippery glass that the battery dies off faster and has no way to quickly swap it? Those were the days of old man sorry, bb10 is way more stable and useful than itoy.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:43 PM
    No worries scribacco, the itoy fad is dying out just like those old roots sweaters from the 80's, cause everyone is jumping on the DROID wagon. BlackBerry will keep the business portion of sales and when both android and apple reach their limits the bb10 os will still be changing and running fine. Don't hate and come on here like a typical Starbucks drinking bully, just accept that it's ok to like the superior blackberry, media bashing or not.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    08-21-13 08:48 PM
    So then why use a fragile piece of slippery glass that the battery dies off faster and has no way to quickly swap it? Those were the days of old man sorry, bb10 is way more stable and useful than itoy.

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone has a better battery than the z10, not to mention you can purchase a mophie pack if you want extra juice.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    21stNow likes this.
    08-21-13 08:53 PM
    My wife was given a BlackBerry by her firm. Had it for six years and not once did she use the browser because it took a very long time to load. Six years of not using a browser on a fully-charged unlimited plan. All she used it for was emails, calendar, and BBM. Looking up Exchange rates, interest rates, etc for work was not possible or accessing her company's website. If you call this productivity, then what is? Now BB10 has a fast browser but 2 years too late, her firm has since moved to BYOD. Her new phone has a calendar, Exchange, and WhatsApp and she is just as 'productive' or probably even more because her screen size is bigger which means she can read her long emails faster.
    08-21-13 09:10 PM
79 123 ...