08-10-14 07:56 PM
53 123
tools
    The truth is that no one has made a good qwerty physical other than blackberry in a long time. If Samsung were to make a high quality android qwerty along the lines of S5 with slide out keyboard or passport style, I believe half of the existing BlackBerry base would vanish. Let hope the passport is all it seems.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 09:40 AM
    I believe half of the existing BlackBerry base would vanish. Let hope the passport is all it seems.

Posted via CB10
    No, they wouldn't. It is still Android.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-08-14 09:56 AM

This right there. I don't like the Passport look as a whole or the keyboard specifically and certainly won't buy one. Waiting on the Classic.
    dlrogers81, Frehley and stratax like this.
    08-08-14 10:08 AM
    I actually agree with the OP to some extent. Those who use use BlackBerry simply for the physical keyboard would probably switch. The true diehard BlackBerry fans most likely wouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 10:11 AM
    Nothing will ever trump a physical qwerty device. If Samsung actually comes out with a landscape slide out keyboard phone, or heck even a portrait slideout keyboard phone, I'd try it in a heartbeat. I've both a Q10 and a Note 3. Android and BB10 both have pluses and minuses.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 11:47 AM
    With so many of these Q's failing (double type) this is possible.

BlackBerry has to step up the quality for the Classic.

CDN
    BerryAdmirer likes this.
    08-08-14 11:50 AM
    keyboards can be made but nobody can make the style BlackBerry has its patented and the reason why they are king of the market. Companies have tried but gave up after they couldnt win.
    08-08-14 11:56 AM
    With so many of these Q's failing (double type) this is possible.

BlackBerry has to step up the quality for the Classic.

CDN
    Honestly, I think you are blowing this out of proportion numberwise of keyboard issues.
    08-08-14 12:04 PM
    It has taken years for BlackBerry to master the physical keyboard . I don't think Samsung or any other company for that matter can just launch a keyboard device and swoop the die hard keyboard fan that easily.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-08-14 12:15 PM
    Honestly, I think you are blowing this out of proportion numberwise of keyboard issues.
    I used to think this way. Then my Q developed a habit of double typing.

There is a rather large thread on this forum as well... not exactly a small, isolated issue.

CDN
    08-08-14 12:58 PM
    I used to think this way. Then my Q developed a habit of double typing.

There is a rather large thread on this forum as well... not exactly a small, isolated issue.

CDN
    There is no way to know exactly how many Q's were sold verses the number having issues. Of course the people having issues would come to say something about it on here though so that's why you think there is a mass amount.
    08-08-14 01:52 PM
    If it wasn't for comfort and qwerty boad I'd probably have an andoid. I have an SG3 (not hooked up) know how to use just can't type

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 02:07 PM
    Something tells me that unless Samsung, or whomever, copies the BB keyboard it won't work. There used to be plenty of keyboard phones and the only one that survived was BB. Their keyboard is special and is patented, it's that keyboard that people like.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    08-08-14 02:18 PM
    I hate movable parts on a cell phone. No slide out Keyboards, please.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and mkelley65 like this.
    08-08-14 02:20 PM
    I'm one of those keyboard guy, I don't think it would have made a difference if android had a super phone with a keyboard, simply because BlackBerry is better for my usage.

Main reason why BlackBerry has been my choice over the years:

Email + multiple Attachment
    Phone call quality
    File Management
    Hard keyboard
    Now add Q10's keyboard press = instant action/search - my favorite feature.

About the double typing issue, I did have this problem, its been resolved for me at least, with the last 2 BB10OS update - currently using Q10 SQN100-3 OS10.2.1.3247 Rogers.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    08-08-14 02:32 PM
    The truth is that no one has made a good qwerty physical other than blackberry in a long time. If Samsung were to make a high quality android qwerty along the lines of S5 with slide out keyboard or passport style, I believe half of the existing BlackBerry base would vanish. Let hope the passport is all it seems.

Posted via CB10
    I thought you said truth. This is fantasy. Samsung can't even make a high build quality all touch.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    08-08-14 02:37 PM

Lol, yaaah, man, a lot of us aren't as ignorant to other OSs as we were initially, I've tried them all now, and honestly am very glad BlackBerry is still hammering out their own kick bottom phones - even the best mods of Android I find kinda disorganized...

08-08-14 03:09 PM
    If there was a high end Android keyboard phone I would buy it and try it out. Not sure however how much I would miss the Hub.

I am OS agnostic and jumped ship several times in the past.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 03:11 PM
    My first smartphone was a Samsung/android, never again!
    08-08-14 03:35 PM
    I actually agree with the OP to some extent. Those who use use BlackBerry simply for the physical keyboard would probably switch. The true diehard BlackBerry fans most likely wouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    It's not only keyboard! BlackBerry OS is something special

Posted by Q10
    08-08-14 03:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I believe the word you're looking for in your title is "Opinion".

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Bell | CB10
    08-08-14 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Started with the Z10 till I realised that the only reason I use a BlackBerry is because of the keyboard so I got a Q10, then BB10 grew on me and I realised that there is no other OS out there that's ever so easy to use efficiently back and forth from email to apps to text to whatever just a flick or a type away. My second phone is a Nexus 5, very fast more than enough power available, but BB10 is just so much more efficient and easier to multitask. If I'm gonna do qwerty, it just has to be BB10....
    08-08-14 04:26 PM
    I agree, I personally would not switch to another OS because I love BlackBerry. But there are those out there who do not feel the same way unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 05:58 PM
    There have been some good keyboards along the way. A couple that stood out to me were the HTC Tilt 2 (terrible software, but great keyboard) and the LG Quantum (probably 2nd best keyboard to a blackberry, very nice feel and travel) but where they failed was in shortcut integration. BlackBerry has so many shortcuts built in that it makes the experience so much better.

Posted via CB10
    brogoh likes this.
    08-08-14 06:04 PM
    I agree, I personally would not switch to another OS because I love BlackBerry. But there are those out there who do not feel the same way unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    This is a good thing. I don't want to see everyone carrying a BlackBerry.
    08-08-14 06:21 PM
53 123