Hi,

Is anybody know if blackberry Q10 will have translit russian,(phonetic support)
    Is is very important for me to have it as I manly using russian language to write email.
    My all old blackberries has it.

Otherwise it is only an option to use voice dication, but this is of course not very convinient.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:52 AM
    I can't confirm. But, typically BlackBerry is known for providing a lot of languages. So, here's hoping the answer is yes. Hopefully someone with a Q10 can check and post here
    06-05-13 08:22 AM
    I have Q10 and nothing yet, I will update if I will see possibility to change language to russian translit.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 08:46 AM
    What do you mean by phonetic support? I am able to select Russian from languages and pressing the latin keyboard gives me russian characters. I am running the latest leak, if this matter.
    Translit russian-img_00000005.png
    Translit russian-img_00000006.png
    Translit russian-img_00000007.png

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    06-05-13 03:36 PM
    Yes we are talking about the phonetic input for Russian language. We can't type on the international Q10 device in Russian language because the keyboard has computer keys layout and no onscreen keyboard present!
    sergey_IL likes this.
    06-05-13 04:41 PM
    i find only one way
    [url=http://inforesheniya.ru/uslugi-dla-blackberry/optimizacia-operacionnoj-sistemy-blackberry/
    they have delivery to any contry
    very bad for bb corporation
    11-24-13 09:40 AM
    Hi!
    I live in Germany. I don't know if there is an Russian option in the language choice. Later on I will have a look for you.
    I am looking for Buddies to connect on BBM. If you want to join send an invitation email to "manrie@online.de"

My Name is Manfred.
    11-24-13 10:00 AM
    "i find only one way
    [url=http://inforesheniya.ru/uslugi-dla-blackberry/optimizacia-operacionnoj-sistemy-blackberry/
    they have delivery to any contry
    very bad for bb corporation"

Well, this is done by many services today. So-called "laser engraving".
    The problem is that "engraved" Q10 keyboard looks ugly, especially keys with more than 3 symbols, as "I" with added Cyrillic "Ш", "Щ".
    11-24-13 11:43 AM
    I would recommend Translit application by PKLabs which is available in BB World.
    Far from perfect, but the only option today. Otherwise, one have to learn blind typing on default keyboard.
    11-24-13 11:46 AM
    Means that I type my text in that input window and then copy it to wherever I want it?
    11-26-13 07:29 AM
    Also: is there any way I could get hold of the source code? I would like to make a version for Ukrainian, too.
    11-26-13 07:48 AM
    Means that I type my text in that input window and then copy it to wherever I want it?
    Yes, correct.

As for your other question, you could contact developers, I guess.
    11-29-13 06:25 PM
    We still want bulgarian phonetic keyboard or russian translit... When???

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-26-14 06:06 PM
    Yes we are talking about the phonetic input for Russian language. We can't type on the international Q10 device in Russian language because the keyboard has computer keys layout and no onscreen keyboard present!
    Check the native BB10 app "KeyboMagic" from the AppWorld:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/

It was designed mainly for Bulgarian Phonetic, but we will be glad to implement Russian Translit if somebody provides (or points us to) the exact mapping from the Latin alphabet. The current mapping could be found in the app's "Help" screen (swipe down from the top bezel to access it).
    06-27-14 10:59 PM
    Check the native BB10 app "KeyboMagic" from the AppWorld:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/

It was designed mainly for Bulgarian Phonetic, but we will be glad to implement Russian Translit if somebody provides (or points us to) the exact mapping from the Latin alphabet. The current mapping could be found in the app's "Help" screen (swipe down from the top bezel to access it).
    Here is a phonetic layout for Russian:
    Attachment 281231
    06-28-14 07:33 AM
    Here is a phonetic layout for Russian:
    Attachment 281231
    Vova, clicking the attachment link gives us a page with an error - "Invalid Attachment specified".

We tried to search for Russian Translit on the web and found many different standards (translit.net). One important point is that the translation should be one to one letter - e.g. q -> я, d -> д. We are a little bit confused by the fact that multiple letters should be converted into one - e.g. sh -> ш or jo -> ё. What if you try to type "схватил" - it will be converted to "шватил". We are probably misunderstanding something and need clarification.
    06-28-14 10:19 AM
    Vova, clicking the attachment link gives us a page with an error - "Invalid Attachment specified".

We tried to search for Russian Translit on the web and found many different standards (translit.net). One important point is that the translation should be one to one letter - e.g. q -> я, d -> д. We are a little bit confused by the fact that multiple letters should be converted into one - e.g. sh -> ш or jo -> ё. What if you try to type "схватил" - it will be converted to "шватил". We are probably misunderstanding something and need clarification.
    Sorry, this should work:
    06-28-14 11:22 AM
    Sorry, this should work:
    Thanks Vova! That should do it. We will be working on it and hope to have it implemented in few days.
    06-28-14 11:56 AM
    Thanks Vova! That should do it. We will be working on it and hope to have it implemented in few days.
    Just downloaded and installed the update with Russian translit. It works perfectly. Thanks for the application.
    06-30-14 07:43 AM
    We are glad we could help. Thanks again for providing the mapping of the keys for Russian Translit.
    06-30-14 09:57 AM
    we still don't have Russian tranlit.
    07-20-14 05:23 AM
    Also: is there any way I could get hold of the source code? I would like to make a version for Ukrainian, too.
    A new version of "KeyboMagic" was released today. We added an option with the same layout as Russian Translit on the legacy BBOS (we named it "Russian Classic-Translit"). It works well with Bulgarian too. More languages will be added in the near future.

We still hope that BlackBerry will add native support at least for Translit with the next BB10 OS update!
    07-24-14 12:01 PM