Hello community,
    looking for your help in case I've missed how to do that.

I use Russian language on Bold 9900 with translit keyboard layout. BB OS offered 2 different layouts for such languages.
    On my Dev Alpha C with latest 10.1 build I see only one layout option. Going further to Layouts screen there is only one default layout.

This is quite unusable on default Latin qwrety keyboard. Any ides ho to get translit layout on BB10 ?

-Sergey
    05-26-13 12:17 PM
    Hello community,
    looking for your help in case I've missed how to do that.

I use Russian language on Bold 9900 with translit keyboard layout. BB OS offered 2 different layouts for such languages.
    On my Dev Alpha C with latest 10.1 build I see only one layout option. Going further to Layouts screen there is only one default layout.

This is quite unusable on default Latin qwrety keyboard. Any ides ho to get translit layout on BB10 ?

-Sergey
    Privet Sergey!

Same here, I am Georgian and not keyboard input at all. You have one but I know its not good, I checked it. As I have read you are a developer and maybe there's a way to create input (if you can or know someone), I really don't know if this is even possible. But I can tell you my experience. If you heard about Palm Pre and WebOS, those phones and system also doesn't supported many languages and some guy Shura wrote script for it, worked great on physical keyboard and then I changed Russian letters with Georgian and used it long time with my Palm Pre phones.

Something like that if possible, please let me know because, If there will be custom made Russian keyboard input, then that means, it will work also for Georgian language too.

David
    jagrlover likes this.
    05-26-13 02:04 PM
    Guys, has anybody found a solution for this? Q10 desperately needs PHONETIC / TRANSLIT multi-tap layouts on keyboard for foreign input languages for example Cyrillic. Who missed this when developing the phone? You didn't have to invent anything, just make it work on Q10 - older BlackBerries have this option already! Whoever overlooked this - BLACKBERRY, GET HIM/HER FIRED! And release files for download to add this option!
    Either we, multilingual users get this option or we get a different phone!
    Last edited by Vito B; 06-26-13 at 04:42 PM.
    06-26-13 04:18 PM
    We need a phonetic cyrillic for the Q10. I don't care for dictionaries, I just want phonetic cyrillic input.
    07-09-13 10:31 AM
    Yes, this is a mess!

I believe I set up my russian input correctly, but get no russian output.

I feel as if BB has lost its way, if not its soul. The soul of BlackBerry is: it works, it's a workhorse. This workhorse has ... a few neurological issues.

I'm going to try to be patient, but there are a few things to fix - Cyrillic input / output is one of them.
    07-14-13 09:29 AM
    Input in Q10 became really worse than in classic BBs. There's no Russian translit layout, word substitution macros %b and %B don't work. And there's no hope that they will add Ukrainian layout.
    09-25-13 01:10 AM
    Up this thread, it's really great problem !
    10-03-13 03:23 PM
    Update 10.2 did not show any russian Translit!!!

How long more we have to wait?

Posted via CB10
    HristoChilov likes this.
    10-24-13 03:26 AM
    I think they promised that in 10.2 release we will have the transliteration but no... I'm so disappointed..

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    10-30-13 04:55 PM
    We need transliteration for sure, add that and the Q10 will be a perfect phone for me.
    11-08-13 11:31 PM
    What's happening here? BlackBerry have not decision about the problem.. :/

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-26-14 04:59 PM
    I personally doubt Blackberry will ever add additional INPUT languages.... What you see is what you get.

Blackberry is certainly not a good platform for worldwide application, yet they aspire to compete with a Droid and the Fruit ..
    03-31-14 01:11 PM

Any ides how to get translit layout on BB10 ?

-Sergey
    Try "KeyboMagic" from the AppWorld. We can add other languages if requested. More info can be found in this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/
    07-03-14 09:27 AM
    Input in Q10 became really worse than in classic BBs. There's no Russian translit layout, word substitution macros %b and %B don't work. And there's no hope that they will add Ukrainian layout.
    Noticed that substitution macros %b and %B have started working since 10.3
    03-19-15 10:59 AM