Hello!

Having used my trusty Nokia E71 for a few years, I finally needed an upgrade in order to get a more speedy performance and have a more convenient access to my mail accounts.

Long story short, I got myself a Q10. I have my first question already. How does adjusting earphone volume work exactly? I am asking because when I plugged them in yesterday evening at first I was offered to adjust the volume right away but after that I replugged them several times more and I barely ever got to adjust the volume again. It just seemed random, the keys on the side of the phone just did nothing most of the time. Also, main volume level seems to reset to the max upon switching on and off.

What am I missing?? I am using OS 10.2 something. I hope I got the forum section right. So far I an loving this new experience.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 01:20 AM
    Also, did not find an edit option but, as I understand the latest software update is 10.3. However when I check for updates on the phone it offers no new ones. Should it be different if I do it via PC and BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 01:26 AM
    Hello!

Having used my trusty Nokia E71 for a few years, I finally needed an upgrade in order to get a more speedy performance and have a more convenient access to my mail accounts.

Long story short, I got myself a Q10. I have my first question already. How does adjusting earphone volume work exactly? I am asking because when I plugged them in yesterday evening at first I was offered to adjust the volume right away but after that I replugged them several times more and I barely ever got to adjust the volume again. It just seemed random, the keys on the side of the phone just did nothing most of the time. Also, main volume level seems to reset to the max upon switching on and off.

What am I missing?? I am using OS 10.2 something. I hope I got the forum section right. So far I an loving this new experience.

Posted via CB10
    Hi. I've got a E72 as my 2nd Backup I like this Nokia so much that I couldnt sell it, thats why its still on my desk
    But to your question-
    Go to volume settings (4th option in Main settings) there you got options to adjust music/general settings.

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-13-14 01:28 AM
    Heck, I am keeping my E71 for as long as possible too.

Thanks for the help, I will try it out later and report back here.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 01:46 AM
    Hello!

Posted via CB10
    Uhhh...the side buttons adjust the volume...everytime...

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-13-14 02:01 AM
    Also, did not find an edit option but, as I understand the latest software update is 10.3. However when I check for updates on the phone it offers no new ones. Should it be different if I do it via PC and BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    The latest software update is not 10.3.

06-13-14 02:01 AM
    If I had an e-series Nokia, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
    06-13-14 03:16 PM
    E Series yeahhhh

Posted via Q10Bold
    Attachment 277915
    06-13-14 04:50 PM
    Uhhh...the side buttons adjust the volume...everytime...

Dear god poor advice.

Depending on your volume settings Notification volume can be adjusted separately from media volume!

Mr former E71-1 user goto Home screen, swipe from top, enter settings, select Main Volume - pay close attention to "Always adjust Media volume" is this is ON then the volume buttons will adjust both notification and media volume. If OFF then media volume will adjust when such an app is active.

Posted using CB10 via my Z30 Dark Knight!
    06-14-14 10:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Loved the E71-1 (Canadian/USA variant) first device ever to pull me away from BlackBerry oh wait sorry that was the 6620 The E72 debuted a bit late. I honestly believe if Nokia kept churning out evolutions of. The E71/72 they may have had BlackBerry's lunch back then. Remember they also had IntelliSync MDM.

BB10.3 is not publicly available from BlackBerry yet; only hackers that have leaked it to the public it's available. I'd suggest not messing with it until you've fully gotten used to BB10 over two months first.

First major Tip: spend some time reading the Sticky threads in the
    Q10 forums!!

Posted using CB10 via my Z30 Dark Knight!
    06-14-14 10:38 AM
    Thanks for all the replies

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 02:56 PM