Does anyone else have trouble with the touchscreen near the sides and corners? Even things like turning the flash on or off on the camera can take be 10-20 seconds of tapping. So many buttons are in the corners of the screens in apps and web sites and it's very difficult to get them to register touch. The rest of the screen works great.

Is this the phone or is this one defective? It feels like some of the really old prototype touchscreens.
    07-05-13 12:38 PM
    It definitely gets less sensitive the closer to the corners you go. I think it has something to do with the capacitive grid... Or whatever it is called, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-05-13 12:43 PM
    If it takes you alot of taps to turn flash on/off then your phone might be defective. If not then your finger is defective. Describing the touch sensitivity of the q10 as a prototype makes me think your phone is defective. If you dont love your q10 then its defective. I dont have problems with mine. It only takes me 1tap but on some occassions twice.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:57 PM
    Its a known issue especially the upper right corner can be very difficult at times. This should be fixed in a update.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:44 PM
    Yes, I found this to be the case on mine as well. Upper right especially and generally anywhere around the edges. How would this get fixed with software update? isn't that a hardware issue (potentially)?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 03:30 PM
    Lol I just made same post pretty much right after you did...yea I think touch screen is a bit weak. I figured with lack of apps I'll just bookmark a lot of them if I can use a website, like my bank for example, but naaa dude. The screen sensitivity or whatever makes me feel like I need the app. Youtube search is worst. Sigh...what to do

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 03:41 PM
    I see this on the Z10 randomly. Not sure if it is the screen, or the device getting busy, or what.
    07-08-13 03:05 PM
    Mostly try to apply a tap with the full surface area of your finger, especially in the corners. My friend has this problem and so do I. It's not sensitivity more than responsiveness. I think it might be fixed in an OS update, if not it should be.
    07-08-13 05:34 PM
    Yes! YouTube search is ridiculous. Again, that upper right hand corner though. Don't know if its just the app or if its that part of the screen. Given I have issues with other icons in that upper right corner, I'd say its the screen

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:30 AM
    I dont think its less sensitive per se. I think its the programming is not as good as how apple does it. It was discussed in another thread. Even for normal stuff the screen doesnt always recognize presses or the position is off in comparison to your perception of where it should be. Or for people with big fingers with large surface area it doesnt work as well.
    07-09-13 01:11 AM