i finally was able to find a buyer for my Q10 and sold it.

It was fun experimenting with the Blackberry, but it just wasn't the right phone. Loved the battery life. That is certainly something that I will pass. I went on days without charging it. And i'm the kind of person who is 90% of the day on the phone.

Maybe in the future we can be together again.
    09-13-13 10:35 PM
    Sorry it didnt work out for you. What phone are you going back to?
    09-13-13 10:40 PM
    That's unfortunate, but, it's whatever works for you. However, members change devices all the time.....and come back to BlackBerry.
    09-13-13 10:44 PM
    The iphone 5s seems tempting because it will be a brand product. But i'll also be checking out the S4 and the HTC one before I decide.

What i found to be a problem with the Q10 was the blackberry hub. It would constantly freeze.

I text A LOT on the phone. And if i didn't end the conversation after a few days, the Hub would act weird and freeze on me. I always had to delete all my messages as the phone would get very laggy. Texts would not send. I was doing the swipe thing to keep resetting the hub at least 3-4 times a day.

It got beyond annoying and it did on all the OS versions. So it wasn't a bad OS, it was like that from day one.
    09-13-13 10:46 PM
    The iphone 5s seems tempting because it will be a brand product. But i'll also be checking out the S4 and the HTC one before I decide.

What i found to be a problem with the Q10 was the blackberry hub. It would constantly freeze.

I text A LOT on the phone. And if i didn't end the conversation after a few days, the Hub would act weird and freeze on me. I always had to delete all my messages as the phone would get very laggy. Texts would not send. I was doing the swipe thing to keep resetting the hub at least 3-4 times a day.

It got beyond annoying and it did on all the OS versions. So it wasn't a bad OS, it was like that from day one.
    Thats so weird! I haven't deleted any of my texts since May 1st when i got my Q and its smooth as butter
    09-13-13 10:51 PM
    What OS were you running?
    09-13-13 10:54 PM
    What OS were you running?
    10.1 then to 10.2.047 then to the one that was released early september end of august .. They all had the same problem.
    09-13-13 10:56 PM
    I am still deciding if I will stay with my Q10 or get an iphone. I just love the keyboard!
    09-13-13 10:56 PM
    So sad to hear you got off the Q10. Still... you need a connection to your smartphone, and finding one right for your needs is more than just about specs. Hope you give the Z10 or Z30 a shot. Who knows... you might for for it.
    09-13-13 11:01 PM
    I am still deciding if I will stay with my Q10 or get an iphone. I just love the keyboard!
    What would make you switch?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 11:03 PM
    I don't like the Hub, the lack of apps and the fact that all my family and friends have either Android or iPhones.
    09-13-13 11:13 PM
    OP, just wondering if you would have kept the Q10 if the texting did not freeze? Shame you had that problem. I have not erased a text on my Z10 since I bought it back in Feb. Runs smooth every second of the day.

Posted via CB10
    blusls likes this.
    09-13-13 11:35 PM
    I don't like the Hub, the lack of apps and the fact that all my family and friends have either Android or iPhones.
    I like the hub but the lack of apps is making me want to go back to iphone. People keep trying to tell me that the apps will come, but BlackBerry reputation and popularity is so bad right now I can not see any major apps coming anytime soon. This is a great phone for communication and business use but for everyday use with social media it is no where near where most people need.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 11:37 PM
    I like the hub but the lack of apps is making me want to go back to iphone. People keep trying to tell me that the apps will come, but BlackBerry reputation and popularity is so bad right now I can not see any major apps coming anytime soon.
    you mean no-name apps like NFL and Bloomberg from the last week or two?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-13-13 11:42 PM
    you mean no-name apps like NFL and Bloomberg from the last week or two?

Posted via CB10
    I don't use those apps.

Maybe I should reword, I meant more of the social media apps like vine, keek(only available on Z10) instagram, tumbler, pintrest RBC banking app. Even Twitter and facebook need updates badly. I am sure there are more than enough apps for many other people in BlackBerry world, just for me I don't have the apps that I want and need. Thought I could live without them but I do need them.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 11:52 PM
    I must admit the OS on my Q10 is a bit frustrating sometimes. It's buggy, there are a ton of useless icons, and there is no option to turn animations off; which wood drastically improve battery life. I love this phone, but the OS needs some serious improvements.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    seanwplandry likes this.
    09-14-13 02:23 AM
    I'm just loving it the way it is. It's sure that it needs improvements but don't forget that the OS is still very young and the updates will come and things will change for the better.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and imz like this.
    09-14-13 04:10 AM
    I am currently in the process of selling my Q10. Love the hub and physical keyboard but the lack of apps is a dealbreaker. I get you can sideload but it is just extremely bothersome especially since some do not work and sometimes the aspect ratio is all skewed. Its small screen hasn't proved to be that much of a problem but I will mostly likely be switching to the Galaxy Note 3 when it is released. This was also my first time trying out BlackBerry and in general it was a pretty good experience. Once BBM goes to Android I will most likely be getting that too!
    09-14-13 05:12 AM
    thanks for trying BlackBerry, maybe another time down the road.
    09-14-13 05:31 AM
    You made a happy buyer

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 05:47 AM
    Interesting the lack of apps argument. I don't sideload; that seems like such a poor workaround to the problem that I refuse to do it. If I must have those apps, may as well just go to android.

That said, I always wonder which apps are the absolute must have apps that cannot be found on BlackBerry world? I agree that the ecosystem is like a third world counry compared to apple's app store, but the basic functions of the Q10 are so good I don't need a lot of apps to do what the phone does out of the box.

So when I hear people say the lack of apps keeps or drives them away, what I hear is they just want the concept of more. To me it is like the difference between living in a mid-sized city compared to living in a major city. Of course there are more options living in the big city and for some people knowing they have thise options is more important than being able to use them.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 05:51 AM
    Well, to the person thinking about a Note 3, it is a huge change.

Why? The size. When you are using the device as a tablet, it is great.... as long as you are unencumbered (both hands are free and you are standing still) and not trying to rush.... it's a pleasure.

In day to day real life, the size is very awkward. It is incredible how often the size is a hassle. I have even resorted to buying 5 new pairs of pants (Carthart) so that I have ample pocket room!

When I hold someone else's normal-sized phone, it feels amazing. The iphone is a perfect size as is the Q10.

I'm still thinking about the Q10 as I use my Note 2. I'm thinking I'd prefer something with a normal sized screen at the very least.
    09-14-13 06:30 AM
    I can't even imagine using a "phone" as big as the Note 2, 3, or whatever size. For functional regular and portable daily use, the Q and I phone are really the right size. I have a small but excellent case on the Q so it isn't too big. On my iPhone I have an Otterbox Defender. Tougher to carry but for some reason that one likes to hit the ground more often.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 07:15 AM
    Lmao

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    09-14-13 07:38 AM
    Got rid of my Q10 also.
    Not all bad though! Bought a shiny new Bold 9930. It's so nice having a more advanced phone back and a full functioning playbook interface. It can actually handle phone calls again and real buttons and trackpad!

Do not overlook this great phone. If BlackBerry wants sales all they have to do is update the hardware to 4G on this platform and they will have a hit. There is a lot of pent up demand.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    09-14-13 08:06 AM
56 123