I have in my hands a new z10. Compared to my 9800 om rely struggling to hold onto the phone while typing with two thumbs.

Dthe phone seems too thin and keeps flopping around in my hand
    My poor typing in this post is about as bas ad I've ever typed in my phone.

Thor seen, don't, I want a slider!
    04-02-13 03:05 AM
    Oops, this should be in the ZZZ10 forim.
    04-02-13 03:12 AM
    Well, you could try to use a rugged case on your Z10. When I use an Otterbox Commuter on my Bold 9900, typing is more comfortable too. The added thickness makes holding the phone and thus typing more convenient.
    Other than that, give it some time. When playing around at a store with the Z10, my typing speed also can't match the 9900. Which isn't a surprise because every new keyboard needs some time getting used to.
    04-02-13 04:22 AM
    I have in my hands a new z10. Compared to my 9800 om rely struggling to hold onto the phone while typing with two thumbs.

Dthe phone seems too thin and keeps flopping around in my hand
    My poor typing in this post is about as bas ad I've ever typed in my phone.

Thor seen, don't, I want a slider!
    I completely understand. I switched from the 9900 to the Z10 a month or so ago and struggled. I felt as though I was going to drop it when typing with two thumbs and used the one finger method.

But after starting a thread here to see how others were typing I realised the majority were successfully using two thumbs and so made a concerted effort to do this too. It has worked in that two thumbs is now my default typing method but accuracy is still nothing like it was on the 9900.

A week ago I added the OEM flip case which makes it feel slightly more secure. The flap folds nicely behind and the phone for typing.

With the 9900 I would say I HELD the phone for typing but with the it's more a case of it RESTING in my hands.

As a footnote I went back to the 9900 the other day and couldn't type on that either! It felt as awkward as this did initially although it took only minutes to adjust back.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 04:36 AM