Just downloaded the app, 2 days ago and I've been to three Tim's and noone seems to know what how to tap the Q10 to pay. I've had to switch to bar code scan and in one Tim's they didn't have the scanner at the drive thru. Anyone can help me help Tim's and myself? Sounds silly I know.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:10 PM
    NFC turned on?
    06-02-14 08:12 PM
    Tell them you're using your Tim Card, then hold the back of the phone closely over the scanner. Otherwise they often have no idea what to do.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:18 PM
    Open the TimmyMe app,
    Make sure you've already added a Tim Card to the app, if not, you need to buy a Tim Card and load some money and add it to the app.
    Click on "TimCard" and then tell the cashier you want to pay with a Tim Card. Click on the "Pay Now" button and the tap your phone against the credit card terminal. They must have the big fat pay terminal that allows tap to pay.

Done.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-14 08:19 PM
    Just tell them that you are paying with the Tim Card.. when they hand over the terminal for you to swipe card.. Just tap your phone on the terminal screen..

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 08:25 PM
    Just downloaded the app, 2 days ago and I've been to three Tim's and noone seems to know what how to tap the Q10 to pay. I've had to switch to bar code scan and in one Tim's they didn't have the scanner at the drive thru. Anyone can help me help Tim's and myself? Sounds silly I know.

Posted via CB10
    OK, Cindy I never have a problem and have been using it from day one

Make sure NFC is turned on.

When they tell you the amount of your order, say "Tim Card", if they happen to to see that you are using your phone tell them it is tap and pay...you don't want the scanner one.

Usually I have already opened the app and selected card at this point.

When the pass you the POS terminal make sure you can see the the tap and pay symbol of the screen

Then select "pay" on the app.

The NFC chip on your Z10 is in the middle of your back cover. Try and place your device centered over the screen. You will here the device beep and you should be good.

Posted via my Kick @ss Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    Attachment 275654
    Attached Thumbnails Tim Horton's App-Tap-images-2-.jpg  
    bungaboy, ghundiraj and Lendo like this.
    06-02-14 08:42 PM
    Okay thanks to all. Will try again tomorrow. I felt stupid asking but thought I'd have some luck here.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 10:45 PM
    I've been to two different Timmie's over the past two days and the staff were amazed that a phone could be used with the pin pad POS terminal, not the stand alone scanner (which Timmie's needs for iPhones). We need to tell them that Blackberry (not iPhone) has NFC allowing us to pay just like a credit card using TAP technology.
    08-20-14 08:11 AM