Are you convinced that your new battery gave your Q a fresh juice? I'm coming from the assumption that you bought a new one because you grew tired of how your stock battery would su*k.

I'm gathering inputs from users who believe a new battery would solve their Q10 woes.

Posted via BB Q10
    ReinGutierrez likes this.
    01-03-15 09:21 PM
    It helped ... but not to the extent I was hoping for. But, the new battery was better than my old one.
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-03-15 09:23 PM
    I've had my Q10 since May 2013, got my second battery the same year in September because my first battery was total ****. Didn't really help at all...

I use the battery charger pack which included the battery, I get around 9 hours/day with my screen brightness to the lowest setting. 12 hours/day if it's a good day with the same settings & 6 hours a day with the screen brightness to full.

Posted via 10.3.1
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-03-15 11:38 PM
    It helped ... but not to the extent I was hoping for. But, the new battery was better than my old one.
    To what extent did the new one help?

Posted via BB Q10
    01-04-15 12:11 AM
    I've had my Q10 since May 2013, got my second battery the same year in September because my first battery was total ****. Didn't really help at all...

I use the battery charger pack which included the battery, I get around 9 hours/day with my screen brightness to the lowest setting. 12 hours/day if it's a good day with the same settings & 6 hours a day with the screen brightness to full.

Posted via 10.3.1
    So can we agree that Q10 sucks when it comes to battery performance?

Posted via BB Q10
    01-04-15 12:12 AM
    So can we agree that Q10 sucks when it comes to battery performance?

Posted via BB Q10
    It was originally supposed to have amazing battery life, Kevin made a post about how great it would be. Unfortunately it's become a NECESSITY for me to always carry a second battery, since release.

I have 6 e-mail accounts (had 8 until this month)
    Facebook
    LinkedIn
    Whatsapp
    Igrann
    Snap10

Syncing regularly..

Posted via 10.3.1
    01-04-15 12:47 AM
    I unplugged at 01:45 Saturday morning with a few calls, some text messages, emailes and a little browsing. It's 01:53 Sunday with 37% left and this is the battery that came with the phone. My second battery is about the same.

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-04-15 12:58 AM
    It was originally supposed to have amazing battery life, Kevin made a post about how great it would be. Unfortunately it's become a NECESSITY for me to always carry a second battery, since release.

I have 6 e-mail accounts (had 8 until this month)
    Facebook
    LinkedIn
    Whatsapp
    Igrann
    Snap10

Syncing regularly..

Posted via 10.3.1
    Right. The supposedly awesome battery life was a factor that I immediately grabbed this phone. But recently, battery performance really became very inconvenient that I always have a powerbank whenever I am on the road. My Q10 is 1.5 y/o.

I've got 2 emails (only 1 is active), sync is set to manual but doesn't appear to work that way since I get emails real time, then Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, all sync manually.

I'm planning to buy a charger-battery bundle but I would love to hear from others if this is indeed a good move. Or might as well stick to my bulky power bank.

Posted via BB Q10
    01-04-15 01:07 AM
    I unplugged at 01:45 Saturday morning with a few calls, some text messages, emailes and a little browsing. It's 01:53 Sunday with 37% left and this is the battery that came with the phone. My second battery is about the same.

Posted via CB10
    How old is your battery? And what network are you using (2G, 3G, LTE/4G)? And do you keep data on all the time?

Posted via BB Q10
    01-04-15 01:08 AM
    I roll about 10-12 hours per battery during waking hours, probably 18 or so on whichever battery is in overnight. Keep in mind I swap before 20% most of the time though. I've been using the spare battery charger bundle since I bought my Q10. Honestly though, 10-12 hours per battery is good for me. I never plug my phone in as I swap and plug the bundle into the wall. It charges before I need to swap again and I don't have to tether myself or have something dangling off of my Berry .
    So yes, get a bundle and live wall free...

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-04-15 01:25 AM
    I have two days on light usage :
    To those who bought new Q10 batteries-img_20140917_135706.png

And around ~19h on medium usage :
    To those who bought new Q10 batteries-img_20141206_035427_edit.png

I don't use Android games which can drain your battery in a matter of hour though. I had in the past, and the phone cannot pass 8 hours by playing straight.

And if you switch off the Network at night by enabling Bedside Mode while disabling Wireless Connections in the clock settings... Your phone can live more than 2 days with ease.

I bought the battery bundle, and use it occasionally to not let it die on the shelve. As stated, the bundle can be used as a powerbank, and you can place it behind the phone, so there is no strange feelings
    To those who bought new Q10 batteries-photo-2-1-_edit_edit.jpg

Check this thread about battery "management".
    01-04-15 07:05 AM
    Looks like my usage as well. Two days per charge as well.
    01-04-15 07:11 AM
    I take it none of you have ever owned a iPhone?

The Q10's battery life isn't as great as the old BlackBerry's used to be but I still get a days medium use easily out of it. That's with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 4G.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:00 AM
    I have no problem getting through a day with my q10. Now if your on your phone none stop sure your not going to make it all day. I don't know of a phone that would.

Posted via CB10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    01-04-15 08:16 AM
    Use a custom one.....

my one is custom made in japan get them from amazon/ebay
    01-04-15 09:39 AM
    I take it none of you have ever owned a iPhone?

The Q10's battery life isn't as great as the old BlackBerry's used to be but I still get a days medium use easily out of it. That's with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 4G.

Posted via CB10
    I did. 6 hrs average use, miracle even to go beyond that.

Posted via BB Q10
    01-04-15 12:05 PM
    I get 12-18 hours per day with moderate use, 18 if I'm in a good, strong wifi or 4G/LTE signal during most of the day, 12 if I'm out and about all day, stuck somewhere on weak 4G/LTE that drops down to 3G regularly. I have the battery bundle not because I need it to get through the day, but because I want it. I like to always have a full battery at my disposal when the one I'm using finally runs low.
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-04-15 01:26 PM
    How old is your battery? And what network are you using (2G, 3G, LTE/4G)? And do you keep data on all the time?

Posted via BB Q10
    About a year old. The posted time was about 8 hours 3G - 4G and the rest my home wifi.

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-04-15 05:43 PM
    I get 12-18 hours per day with moderate use, 18 if I'm in a good, strong wifi or 4G/LTE signal during most of the day, 12 if I'm out and about all day, stuck somewhere on weak 4G/LTE that drops down to 3G regularly. I have the battery bundle not because I need it to get through the day, but because I want it. I like to always have a full battery at my disposal when the one I'm using finally runs low.
    12 hrs on weak 4G - I'm drooling. May I ask how old your phone/batt is?

Posted via BB Q10
    01-04-15 07:50 PM
    I thought it may be worth me posting this. Today at work there was a problem with the Wireless Router. My Q10 kept trying to connect all day (it would connect, go to limited use and then disconnect) and my battery was gone within 8 hours with less than an hours actual use. When I have a good consistent connection the battery is fine.

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    01-05-15 02:58 PM
    Today at work there was a problem with the Wireless Router. My Q10 kept trying to connect all day (it would connect, go to limited use and then disconnect)
    The saved network should have been automatically disabled after a number of tries. On which OS version are you ?
    01-05-15 05:51 PM
    IGrann is a massive battery hog if you leave it syncing all the time. I regularly get a day and a half out of my battery with normal use. About 18 hours heavy.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:47 PM
    IGrann is a massive battery hog if you leave it syncing all the time. I regularly get a day and a half out of my battery with normal use. About 18 hours heavy.

Posted via CB10
    is igrann more of a battery hog than instagram from android?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 01:51 PM
    For my Wind mobile Q10 the battery performance is excellent. I have no problems getting through a full day on a charge. Once in a blue moon with lots of emailing, BBM, calls and internet/streaming I may chew up a charge in 8 hours but that's fine with me.

I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with replacement batteries from somewhere like Amazon? Some of the sellers have them for $10-20 which is a good deal compared to almost $40 from shopblackberry.com. I am under the impression that most of the batteries are counterfeit there but if the performance is decent than I am ok. I am still on my original battery and the performance is still great but depending on the road map from Blackberry @ Mobile World Congress I may keep the Q10 for another year.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 02:15 PM
    I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with replacement batteries from somewhere like Amazon? Some of the sellers have them for $10-20 which is a good deal compared to almost $40 from shopblackberry.com.
    An Official BlackBerry Q10 charger bundle (with a new battery) is around $15 on Amazon.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-06-15 02:27 PM
29 12