It's time to stop blaming BlackBerry and take the blame on yourself. If those are the things you wanted on a device then it's on you for purchasing a Q10. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry unless you were somehow expecting an update to fix that for you.

Posted via CB10
    edberry12, ital1, SK122387 and 8 others like this.
    01-19-14 04:22 PM
    Exactly. 9900's are everywhere.
    Edited: I was wrong about BIS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by waterfrontmgmt; 01-19-14 at 06:59 PM.
    ray689 likes this.
    01-19-14 04:51 PM
    I know exactly.

Posted via CB10
    jagrlover likes this.
    01-19-14 04:51 PM
    I think what people mean is that the legacy devices are a bit outdated in terms of hardware/software, etc.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-19-14 06:55 PM
    I think what people mean is that the legacy devices are a bit outdated in terms of hardware/software, etc.

I agree. I'm talking about the people who purchased Q10 devices and continually come into threads saying it sucks because it doesn't have a track pad or a physical call button.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    01-19-14 07:15 PM
    I agree. I'm talking about the people who purchased Q10 devices and continually come into threads saying it sucks because it doesn't have a track pad or a physical call button.

Posted via CB10
    I think they are just nitpicking to be honest. The Q is a great phone and the gestures are very fluid it's just a slap in the face and culture shock to the users who transfered straight from legacy to Q. I went from 8530, iPhone and Q so it probably wasn't such a shock to me

ray689, Mecca EL and doubtazul like this.
    01-19-14 07:19 PM
    I think they are just nitpicking to be honest. The Q is a great phone and the gestures are very fluid it's just a slap in the face and culture shock to the users who transfered straight from legacy to Q. I went from 8530, iPhone and Q so it probably wasn't such a shock to me

Yes you are correct.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:23 PM
    Well there's many things a Q10 has missing over legacy devices, should people stop complaining about those missing things too or just the physical attributes that obviously can't be retro returned?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:29 PM
    Well there's many things a Q10 has missing over legacy devices, should people stop complaining about those missing things too or just the physical attributes that obviously can't be retro returned?

Posted via CB10
    A lot of the non-physical features are brought back in 10.2

01-19-14 07:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say they shouldn't request more OS features. And as mentioned before, many of those features are gradually coming back especially in 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:44 PM
    A lot of the non-physical features are brought back in 10.2

The features brought back should have been there from the get go.

Having a phone that's in constant beta mode isn't good enough for everyone.

I got a Q10 2 weeks ago, I'm on 10.2 and I've got my own gripes I'm having to come to terms with.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:57 PM
    All phones are in constant development mode. Better get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    ray689, Mr.Monty, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    01-19-14 07:58 PM

I got a Q10 2 weeks ago, I'm on 10.2 and I've got my own gripes I'm having to come to terms with.

Posted via CB10
    And you do realize this was a brand new OS right? There was no way it was going to be on the same level of feature list as an OS that was fully mature...in fact so mature that it had been literally pushed to its limits...

Posted via CB10
    ital1, SK122387 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-19-14 08:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree, that's why there are always updates that come out.
    01-19-14 08:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    And I've been happy to take part in that development since a Motorola 8500.

It would seem BlackBerry's RTM status is a little more relaxed than most to say the least.

OS's being released this incomplete are starting to make Symbian look not so bad.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:16 PM

It would seem BlackBerry's RTM status is a little more relaxed than most to say the least.

OS's being released this incomplete are starting to make Symbian look not so bad.

Posted via CB10
    What is so incomplete about BB10 exactly? You make it sound like it's barely functional.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-19-14 08:19 PM
    So I guess iOS 7 is still incomplete because 10.0 blew it away.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-19-14 08:22 PM
    What is so incomplete about BB10 exactly? You make it sound like it's barely functional.

Posted via CB10
    If there's things missing that you used to use then yes it's barely functional...Simply put my email was functioning far better on the BlackBerry 9900 with OS7...I've already upgraded to this Q10 so I'm working through it, but don't expect me to not moan about it and the other things I'm missing from my previous BlackBerry handset because a better experience is what I'm hoping for in the future not a downgraded one.

While I'm here, docking station...which really smart person decided to omit that from the Q10 just as BlackBerry turn attention from consumers to business users...smart move not!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:47 PM
    Lame.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:50 PM
    If you read the thread title then you will know what I was talking about. If it's the track pad or call button is what you are moaning about then I will tell you to stop your ******** all day long.

Edit: and you gave one vague response when asked why you think bb10 isn't functional.

In done with you.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:54 PM
    Well you two ladies have a nice one too!

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    01-19-14 09:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Technically it's the carrier's faults, because 10.2 is already out there and has been for a LOOOONG time

01-19-14 09:14 PM
    Technically it's the carrier's faults, because 10.2 is already out there and has been for a LOOOONG time

Carriers fault or not it's the end user who suffers and BlackBerry who'll take the flack for it, honestly if I had the phone at 10.0 stage I'd have ditched it by now so a late upgrade was a blessing in disguise.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:19 PM
    It's time to stop blaming BlackBerry and take the blame on yourself. If those are the things you wanted on a device then it's on you for purchasing a Q10. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry unless you were somehow expecting an update to fix that for you.

Posted via CB10

YES!!!!

People cry about it like BlackBerry took away those buttons in a software update that they were forced into.

Those buttons weren't on the Q10 when they bought it and (I love saying this...): THEY ARE NEVER COMING BACK!

Posted via CB10
    ray689 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    01-19-14 09:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    WAY WAY back when BB10 first came out I got into plenty of fights over this point....it is not correct to say that functionalities have been left out, they have not been put in. It may seem like I'm nitpicking this point, but I am not. BB10 is a brand new OS that is maturing. As such, features that were there in BBOS will be making their way into BB10. It is a brand new OS, it is not an upgrade that takes what was there and builds upon it.

It's not being in beta mode, it is developing. Look at the history in development on iOS. Features were introduced with each subsequent iteration. Same thing that we are seeing with BB10. Therefore it is not correct to say it is in beta mode, nor is it feasible to expect a fully baked and mature OS straight out of the box.

I bought a used Q10 and it came with .1925 already loaded. And there is a world of difference between it and the Z10 I bought on day two after launch. A OS needs to mature.

If there's things missing that you used to use then yes it's barely functional...Simply put my email was functioning far better on the BlackBerry 9900 with OS7...I've already upgraded to this Q10 so I'm working through it, but don't expect me to not moan about it and the other things I'm missing from my previous BlackBerry handset because a better experience is what I'm hoping for in the future not a downgraded one.

While I'm here, docking station...which really smart person decided to omit that from the Q10 just as BlackBerry turn attention from consumers to business users...smart move not!

Posted via CB10
    BIS had excellent features in its day. But it also had plenty of drawbacks. There is no way that I personally would return to BIS over BB10. Since I use hotmail, I have no problems with push or mail delivery. And I have gained messages not being truncated. For me, a win-win.

Also, as mentioned earlier, you are comparing a fully mature OS with a brand new one. A better comparison would be between 10,0 and 10.2.1.1925. THEN you can see the OS mature.
    rudyalexc and ray689 like this.
    01-20-14 06:40 AM
117 123 ...