Least best kept secret to having best of both worlds is to have a blackberry phone and an ipod touch (iphone without the cellular). This way you get whatever advantages BB has to offer and all the multimedia goodies of Apple products.

Anyway, how do you guys carry both devices (some may have an iphone instead of ipod touch which is thicker)? Do you have some kind of pouch with 2 sections or do you just carry both separate devices? Do you put both devices in your pocket bouncing around?
    07-15-13 02:47 AM
    I have the newest iPod touch, just in a regular case. Back when I had the 9900, I was using the 4th gen iPod touch, but the back of it scratched so easily, I put it in a case. The new one is a lot nicer and feels sturdier, so I bring it with me a lot...just holding it with my Q10 in my hand or in my front pocket (it's thin, and in my back pocket it could break if I sit down).

I love my iPod touch, and it really is a great device to have with my BlackBerry. I hope Apple's rumored bigger iPhone means an even bigger iPod touch.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:53 AM
    I had the iPhone 4 when I was using my 9900.

After like 3 months of using and carrying both phones out, I decided to retire the iPhone because the accuracy of my typing isn't as great as the BlackBerry.

I can't live without my keypad

Posted via CB10
    David Macdonald likes this.
    07-15-13 07:17 AM
    I've found that a BlackBerry / iPad is the best combination of devices.

I've been doing this since my 9900.

twitter.com/heyart
    07-15-13 07:22 AM
    Using the q10 and ipod touch (5th gen) combo and loving it. I have most of the apps I need on my q10 anyway but the few I don't are on my ipod. I use my q10 on a holster and my ipod touch in a case, in my front pocket. Even with the case the new ipod is so slim I forget that it's there sometimes. The q10 and ipod touch combo rocks, and this makes my q10 battery life even more awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:01 AM
    Tell me about it. I was using BlackBerry Bold 9780 with a iTouch 3Gen until I finally switched over to Q10. I believe in not mixing too much entertainment into the phone haha. Would have gotten a S4 or HTC One instead and maybe 10000mA of battery supply if I mixed those..

I think iTouch seems even better than the iPhone itself. With the current gen. If I get a legit reason, I don't see why not to get a 5 Gen, other than Jail break issues for customization habits.
    07-15-13 08:11 AM
    I've found that a BlackBerry / iPad is the best combination of devices.

I've been doing this since my 9900.

twitter.com/heyart
    May I ask how you manage with both? I'm very interested as I have upgraded from a 4S to a Q10 and am having some challenges going 100% BlackBerry. I have an iPad 2 64G.

christopherk67
    07-15-13 08:37 AM
    I want to do a Q10/ note 2 or ipad mini combo. Normal iPads are too big for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:40 AM
    I think its the winning combo, the BB + ipod touch. I have the Ipad too, but way too big to be carrying around on a regular basis. Ipad + BB I can do.

Im looking for a pouch that holds both if I can and that is snug and not huge. I dont mind both BB and ipod have no case, so long as I can put it in the pouch.
    07-15-13 10:35 AM
    I
    I love my iPod touch, and it really is a great device to have with my BlackBerry. I hope Apple's rumored bigger iPhone means an even bigger iPod touch.

Posted via CB10
    They already have it... the ipad mini! Im ok with the size right now for 5G ipad touch. Hopefully they fully get rid of that bezel so utilizes the fully size for screen when possible.
    07-15-13 11:23 AM
    I presently use a Q10 and an iPhone without cellular. I carry both of them in my front pocket (not relatively thick since they're modern phones). Usually, though, I carry both in my hand, or one in my hand and one in my pocket. It is an awesome combination. When I don't take my iPhone, I take my iPad and just carry it like a book. It's not really hard to manage, but since I have sideloaded Instagram on my Q10, I need my iPhone less and less. I only take it with me when I'm going out to a cool place or when I'm going to need it. If I'm running a quick errand, or going to the park to play some basketball, I only take my Q10.
    07-15-13 11:42 AM
    I have a Q10 and an iPhone 5. I am now carrying the Q10 in an Otterbox Defender case on my belt and the iPhone in a Sena WalletSkin case in my shirt pocket.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:02 PM
    I use a Q10 as my smartphone and an iPad Mini as my tablet. I find this combination works great for me with just about every use case.

As an aside, I've been using a Surface Pro as a laptop replacement for the past several months and loving that as my actual computer.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:11 PM
    Almost every oil patch guy I see has a bold9900 for work and an Iphone for personal.
    07-15-13 04:35 PM
    +1

Q10 + iPad is the only way to go.

Posted from my Q10!
    07-15-13 05:10 PM
    Wife and I are getting along nicely with Z10 and TouchPad with Android dual boot, I rock a BT keyboard with the TouchPad at work.
    07-15-13 06:04 PM
    Hi

Iam using as combination: Q10 and the new Macbook Air 11 - 512SSD /8GB Ram and I7 processor.
    Greatest combination.
    But sometimes Q10 and S4.

Alex

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 06:09 PM
    I presently use a Q10 and an iPhone without cellular. I carry both of them in my front pocket (not relatively thick since they're modern phones). Usually, though, I carry both in my hand, or one in my hand and one in my pocket. It is an awesome combination. When I don't take my iPhone, I take my iPad and just carry it like a book. It's not really hard to manage, but since I have sideloaded Instagram on my Q10, I need my iPhone less and less. I only take it with me when I'm going out to a cool place or when I'm going to need it. If I'm running a quick errand, or going to the park to play some basketball, I only take my Q10.
    Do you put one on each pocket or both same pocket?

This is similar to what Im doing. Wallet has to have its own pocket cuase its big and also for keys in one pocket. I have the ipod touch with a case so the thickness comes to a standard iphone thickness. Usually I put both Q10 and ipod in the same pocket, but they are annoying cause they like to jump around and scratch each other's screen's potentially.

Im looking into finding a case that holds the Q10 and the ipod touch perfectly. I want one that has two sleeves, very snug fit. That will be perfect. I ordered something but I dont know if one of the sleaves are big enough to fit the ipod. I guess we shall see.
    07-15-13 06:10 PM
    Do you put one on each pocket or both same pocket?

This is similar to what Im doing. Wallet has to have its own pocket cuase its big and also for keys in one pocket. I have the ipod touch with a case so the thickness comes to a standard iphone thickness. Usually I put both Q10 and ipod in the same pocket, but they are annoying cause they like to jump around and scratch each other's screen's potentially.

Im looking into finding a case that holds the Q10 and the ipod touch perfectly. I want one that has two sleeves, very snug fit. That will be perfect. I ordered something but I dont know if one of the sleaves are big enough to fit the ipod. I guess we shall see.
    What I usually do is I put them facing away from each other when I put them in the same pocket. I have the Griffin clear back case on my iPhone so it has a rubber lip both on the front and back. I decide if I will use a case on my Q10 every day, but always have the case on my iPhone, works like a charm! If you get the case, feel free to post pics! I'm interested in seeing it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    07-15-13 07:40 PM
    Almost every oil patch guy I see has a bold9900 for work and an Iphone for personal.
    Not just oil patch. I am the reverse, having a personal Q10 and a work iPhone 5 although I use the Q10 a lot go work email. I had a 9650 for that before.

I also travel a lot, and by virtue of how much I travel Ii end up getting upgraded to first or business on the vast majority of flights. I think k it would be rare that I wouldn't see someone in first on a flight without both, BB and either iPhone or Android. I think it is very common and good for BB.
    07-15-13 08:51 PM
    I sold the Q10 and returned to the 9900 (which is another story for another thread), but in line with this thread, I use both 9900 (daily driver) and iPhone 5. Both have their own SIMs. I have been using the iPhone since its inception in 2007, and BB from 2011 (?) and the 1st one was 9700. While I loved 9780 (my 2nd BB), I always felt insecure without an iPhone, as BB did (and does) have some limitations. But as an email and PIM device, I realized the BB was the most convenient and efficient device. If I have to choose one, iPhone is the one, as it can cover every possible usage pattern, communications and media consumptions.
    I used to carry 2 together, a daily driver in my shirt pocket, and other in my hip pocket or a jacket pocket, depending on the season. I hate to carry any in a holster. Lately, when I drive, I throw in the iPad Mini in my car (no iPhone), and only carry the 9900, and can get by with it. I analyzed my pattern of cellphone usage, and 80% or more time, I only need email/texting/phone and other PIM functions (calendar and contacts etc). I used to carry iPhone for internet or display intensive apps such as Googling and map etc. For occasional quick checks of something on Google, I can still get by most of the time by 9900, although it's slow. I do not watch movie or play game etc in any of my devices, which makes things easier. But to answer the thread question, I carry both in my pockets separately, as it is most convenient to pull out. 9900 is bare and IP5 in a skin case. BTW, I do have a holster for my IP5 and it's the one for the Z10, lol. IP5 with a skin case fit so perfectly in there.
    Lately, my 2nd SIM resides more in my iPad Mini, rather than in iPhone 5. I established this philosophy that if you need a larger screen and fast rendering etc, you really should skip to a tablet size device. Cell phone should stay strictly "portable" and "palm sized" for communications purpose.
    07-15-13 10:26 PM
    Interesting how many people use the ipod and q10 combo.
    I always wanted a tablet and q10 combo. Afterall, we want the other device to be a multimedia device..why not go for a good size screen like 7" while still being quite portable.!

I don't know, i just see the newest ipod touch to be too expensive. I couldn't justify in paying the price and would rather pay a little extra for the iPad mini.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:15 PM
    I always wanted a tablet and q10 combo. Afterall, we want the other device to be a multimedia device..why not go for a good size screen like 7" while still being quite portable.!

I don't know, i just see the newest ipod touch to be too expensive. I couldn't justify in paying the price and would rather pay a little extra for the iPad mini.
    Agreed.
    I came to a conclusion some time ago that having the "other smartphone" as a multimedia one is a compromise. If you are going to have the 2nd phone because you need a larger display, you should really consider an iPad Mini size tablet. You carry 2 phones together and how many times you have to use the "other" multimedia phone? Not many in my case, and when it does occur, it's usually because you are out and about in a car etc, in which case, you just toss in a tablet. I used to have a peace of mind of sorts when I was carrying both, but it depends on how you use the phone. I use phones mostly for business, but I can't imagine myself streaming video or running movies in relatively tiny smartphone screen, even if it's 5". Phablet is a typical compromise, and very inconvenient to use in either way, i.e., too big as a phone, and rather small for a tablet.
    07-16-13 12:06 AM
    What I usually do is I put them facing away from each other when I put them in the same pocket. I have the Griffin clear back case on my iPhone so it has a rubber lip both on the front and back. I decide if I will use a case on my Q10 every day, but always have the case on my iPhone, works like a charm! If you get the case, feel free to post pics! I'm interested in seeing it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    I try to do that too but they still move around. And once they are not exactly face to face corner to corner, and be misaligned, one corner of one device can scratch or rub the screen of the other.

Ya Ill see how the case works out. Im banking on the fact the ipod touch without a case is quite thin, so hopefully I can fit in the slot. The slot is designed for credit cards. If it doesnt work then Ill just get a good case for the Q10, no biggies.
    07-16-13 12:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Youre right. Depending on what you want, the ipad mini is arguably more bang for the buck given the bigger screen and only marginally more expensive. However the ipod touch 5th gen is very nice. Its basically almost an iphone.

The downside of the ipad mini is portability. Its small, but its still quite big. The ipod 5G will fit in your pocket on good and bad days. Its smaller footprint than the Q10.
    07-16-13 12:27 AM
42 12