Hi all,

I have an upgrade and am thinking about switching to a Q10. A few questions I have to see how what I am using now would be on the Q10.

Music/Photos-I know the Q10 has 16gb internal storage, what is the capacity for an SD card? I assume I could save pics to the SD automatically? I saw the thread with some pics taken with the Q10 and they look really good. It is the only major feature of my S4 that I really like the best. Is it easy to plug the Q10 into a MacBook and add/remove photos/music through the computer or would it be easier to do it through an adapter? I have a 32gb SD card now in the S4 with a fairly large amount of music and I like to keep my photos on my phone to have incase the world comes to an end.

Calendar-I believe that the Google Calendar shouldn't have any issues syncing with the Q10, but will it show calendar colors as well? Does the Q10 have the ability to add 2 Google Calendar accounts? I use one for my work scheduling and share it with my wife for any appointments we have and use the other to remind myself of Dr appointments and other random things. Basically, the calendar is how I keep track of my brain since I can't seem to remember things otherwise.

Mail-I know it has the separation for a personal and work profile....can I still add a corporate email to the personal profile? I use a wp8 lumia 928 for my work phone but have my corp email on my S4 now also via Good (which isn't nearly as good as wp8 since it is a Windows based phone). In terms of Gmail, is it easy to move messages into folders or navigate to folders to find saved messages? I have one for work, school, travel itineraries etc. Also, does Gmail push to the phone?

Apps-Since I travel for work more than I'd like I have been using Fly Delta and United Airlines app which I saw are available. While I have been going to places for the 1st time, what are the navigation apps like? A colleague I traveled with last week was using an iPhone to give me directions via the preloaded maps app and it took me in completely different areas thus I am very partial to Google Maps (I also have a large number of places saves in Google Maps). Most important of all, is there an app for ESPN Fantasy Football?? lol I enjoy the finer things in life.....

Messaging-This is what I use my phone for primarily between SMS and Email. Is group messaging part of the OS? I bet there isn't any options to use emoji's unless it is in BBM, or is there?

Those are a few things that I am using the most, any feedback is definitely appreciated!
    08-31-13 09:11 PM
    Hi all,

I have an upgrade and am thinking about switching to a Q10. A few questions I have to see how what I am using now would be on the Q10.

Music/Photos-I know the Q10 has 16gb internal storage, what is the capacity for an SD card? I assume I could save pics to the SD automatically? I saw the thread with some pics taken with the Q10 and they look really good. It is the only major feature of my S4 that I really like the best. Is it easy to plug the Q10 into a MacBook and add/remove photos/music through the computer or would it be easier to do it through an adapter? I have a 32gb SD card now in the S4 with a fairly large amount of music and I like to keep my photos on my phone to have incase the world comes to an end.

Calendar-I believe that the Google Calendar shouldn't have any issues syncing with the Q10, but will it show calendar colors as well? Does the Q10 have the ability to add 2 Google Calendar accounts? I use one for my work scheduling and share it with my wife for any appointments we have and use the other to remind myself of Dr appointments and other random things. Basically, the calendar is how I keep track of my brain since I can't seem to remember things otherwise.

Mail-I know it has the separation for a personal and work profile....can I still add a corporate email to the personal profile? I use a wp8 lumia 928 for my work phone but have my corp email on my S4 now also via Good (which isn't nearly as good as wp8 since it is a Windows based phone). In terms of Gmail, is it easy to move messages into folders or navigate to folders to find saved messages? I have one for work, school, travel itineraries etc. Also, does Gmail push to the phone?

Apps-Since I travel for work more than I'd like I have been using Fly Delta and United Airlines app which I saw are available. While I have been going to places for the 1st time, what are the navigation apps like? A colleague I traveled with last week was using an iPhone to give me directions via the preloaded maps app and it took me in completely different areas thus I am very partial to Google Maps (I also have a large number of places saves in Google Maps). Most important of all, is there an app for ESPN Fantasy Football?? lol I enjoy the finer things in life.....

Messaging-This is what I use my phone for primarily between SMS and Email. Is group messaging part of the OS? I bet there isn't any options to use emoji's unless it is in BBM, or is there?

Those are a few things that I am using the most, any feedback is definitely appreciated!
    1. Blackberry Maps is renowned for its accuracy when driving. It is powered by Tom Tom.

1. Corporate email is compatible with either BES or Microsoft Exchange. And yes it can push OTA.
    2. Group text messages are available
    3. I am a former iPhone user, so the BB 10 OS exceeded my expectations as an overall experience. Note this is still a brand new OS so BB has come a long way in such a short amount of time.
    ioan_calin and rscott016 like this.
    08-31-13 09:20 PM
    According to a CrackBerry write-up, you can put in up to a 64GB microSD card.
    rscott016 likes this.
    08-31-13 09:23 PM
    That's promising. I also should have mentioned I use Google Keep for taking random notes and Microsoft OneNote on my 928 and apps that'd sync with those or just use the memo app?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    08-31-13 09:25 PM
    I got a 64 gig SanDisk HDXC the one on sandisk.com that's 185 bucks. All my **** saves to it after I put it in.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    08-31-13 09:32 PM
    I got a 64 gig SanDisk HDXC the one on sandisk.com that's 185 bucks. All my **** saves to it after I put it in.

Lmao

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:40 PM
    The fact you just got a new phone and are already looking to replace it says everything.
    08-31-13 11:17 PM
    The fact you just got a new phone and are already looking to replace it says everything.
    Lol I've contemplated the Q10 for awhile now. I've had pry 4-5 phones in last year.... it's a little problem I have.

08-31-13 11:34 PM
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Hahah that's the one I got!! But from amazon for 50 bucks.

I dunno why it's on sandisk.com for 184.99

08-31-13 11:46 PM
    Lol I've contemplated the Q10 for awhile now. I've had pry 4-5 phones in last year.... it's a little problem I have.

I have a frd like you. In the last year he went from iphone 5 to S3 to z10 to Q10 to now he has note 2 and S4.

08-31-13 11:48 PM
    To the OP I don't think you will like the Q10 if you have an S4.

I think once you go big nice Sammy screen you can't go back. It's a one time jump I believe.

08-31-13 11:51 PM
    I've had iphone 4s iphone 5 nexus s3 s4 that's just for personal phone lol

08-31-13 11:54 PM
    I went from an SG3, to Nokia 928, to iPhone 5 to Z10 to a current Q10. Still a learning curve with BB10, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 11:54 PM
    To the OP I don't think you will like the Q10 if you have an S4.

I think once you go big nice Sammy screen you can't go back. It's a one time jump I believe.

I like the s4 especially over iPhone 5 but it's too big for one handed use and while walking thru an airport I either have to talk or nothing. I might add well have the note 2 or wait for note 3. I do agree with some that the phone lags and it definitely shouldnt with the quad core processor

mightyb220 likes this.
    09-01-13 12:03 AM
    Screen isn't everything, it's the overall experience and efficiency. You get tired of a big screen (been there, done that). Not saying the S4 is not a great phone, it is, but maybe he needs a phone that fits better his needs.
    dosto and ioansuhov like this.
    09-01-13 12:36 AM
    I like the s4 especially over iPhone 5 but it's too big for one handed use and while walking thru an airport I either have to talk or nothing. I might add well have the note 2 or wait for note 3. I do agree with some that the phone lags and it definitely shouldnt with the quad core processor

I would have an S4 right now if the Q10 didn't exist. But the once BlackBerry goes down I'll get the S5 or S6. Hopefully they will get an hdmi out port by then. A life saver when traveling with my Q10 and 64gig card.

09-01-13 12:41 AM
    Camera on the Q10 is nowhere near the S4 (based on my using the Q10 and the reviews of the S4). As for maps, I use the Google maps sideload and it's been great so far
    09-01-13 12:46 AM
    Hopefully they will get an hdmi out port by then.
    The S4 doesn't have that PITA MHL port?
    09-01-13 01:20 AM
    The S4 doesn't have that PITA MHL port?
    Yes it has MHL
    09-01-13 02:02 AM
    what is the capacity for an SD card
    32GB

Calendar-I believe that the Google Calendar shouldn't have any issues syncing with the Q10, but will it show calendar colors as well?
    Does someone have the answer for this? I believe it does, but not sure.

Does the Q10 have the ability to add 2 Google Calendar accounts?
    Yes

Mail-I know it has the separation for a personal and work profile....can I still add a corporate email to the personal profile?
    Yes

In terms of Gmail, is it easy to move messages into folders or navigate to folders to find saved messages?
    Yes

Also, does Gmail push to the phone?
    Yes

I am very partial to Google Maps
    You can sideload Google Maps. Find it on bb10bars.net or apk2bar.org And you can use the Google Chrome Extension BB10 Playbook App Manager to load it from your PC.

is there an app for ESPN Fantasy Football?
    You can sideload it. Bar file is on apk2bar.org Works on a Z10 running 10.2.1371 with unlocked android runtime. I don’t know how it will run on a stock Q10.

Is group messaging part of the OS?
    Not sure, someone has the answer? I would assume so.

I bet there isn't any options to use emoji's unless it is in BBM, or is there?
    Yes for SMS, no for email as far as I can tell
    09-01-13 02:54 AM
    Lol how do you guys afford so many phones? I had a pearl in 2008, a bold 9700 since then till my z10 at the start of this year....

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 03:12 AM
    what is the capacity for an SD card
    32GB

Calendar-I believe that the Google Calendar shouldn't have any issues syncing with the Q10, but will it show calendar colors as well?
    Does someone have the answer for this? I believe it does, but not sure.

Does the Q10 have the ability to add 2 Google Calendar accounts?
    Yes

Mail-I know it has the separation for a personal and work profile....can I still add a corporate email to the personal profile?
    Yes

In terms of Gmail, is it easy to move messages into folders or navigate to folders to find saved messages?
    Yes

Also, does Gmail push to the phone?
    Yes

I am very partial to Google Maps
    You can sideload Google Maps. Find it on bb10bars.net or apk2bar.org And you can use the Google Chrome Extension BB10 Playbook App Manager to load it from your PC.

is there an app for ESPN Fantasy Football?
    You can sideload it. Bar file is on apk2bar.org Works on a Z10 running 10.2.1371 with unlocked android runtime. I don’t know how it will run on a stock Q10.

Is group messaging part of the OS?
    Not sure, someone has the answer? I would assume so.

I bet there isn't any options to use emoji's unless it is in BBM, or is there?
    Yes for SMS, no for email as far as I can tell

I've got a 64GB SanDisk in my Z10 and it works flawlessly
    09-01-13 03:41 AM
    No, there are no distribution list in the BB10 OS. There are apps that do it
    09-01-13 07:17 AM
    seems like the Q10 would be a great device for you!
    09-01-13 08:12 AM
    I would have an S4 right now if the Q10 didn't exist. But the once BlackBerry goes down I'll get the S5 or S6. Hopefully they will get an hdmi out port by then. A life saver when traveling with my Q10 and 64gig card.

You mean you wanr a 600dollar paperweight? Vs something that is actually useful?
    Wow jusr wow
    Crackberry is tethered to bbry servers meaninf if crackberry goes down so does your phone as far as email bbm and Internet
    android is open source and not tethered to a server
    really the phone lags?
    You packing your phone with big movies? Your phones will do that no matter what you do
    You can get a 64 gig microsd card for 50bucks
    I say bb10 lags even worse and its not a pick up and go
    billions have already rejected it
    10s of millions buy the s4
    09-01-13 08:17 AM
70 123