04-19-13 08:51 PM
26 12
tools
    I really miss the keyboard on my bold 9900... The Z10 is great, but it doesnt feel like owning a blackberry. If I want a touch-screen only phone, I might be better-off with an iPhone since my wife has one too and we can do Facetime that way. So I was thinking of just trashing my Z10 for the Q10 and also get an iPad mini to make up for the smaller screen of the Q10. Great idea? Who else is with me??
    04-16-13 08:42 PM
    If so, ditch it soon so you get the most money for it, and use a spare, old phone in the meantime, then grab a Q10 when they launch.

Touchscreens aren't for everyone, and there's no shame carrying around an old smartphone or whatever for a month until the Q10 launches. You're still supporting Blackberry 10, and future product development. I say go for it and ditch the Z ASAP.

On the other hand, I love my touchscreen on my Z10. I was going to get rid of my Z for a Q upon launch, but the detection is good enough for me, far better than my HTC Sensation 4G that I had previously, before that I had a Samsung Galaxy S, and before that the Blackberry Curve. I'm glad they brought a good smartphone back to the market.
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    04-16-13 08:52 PM
    If your paying my tab, I'm with you (giggle)
    I will also need 2 extra iPads for family members and maybe an extra Q and the new slider when it comes out please.
    Did you want to give me your credit card number or should I just send you a mailing address?
    04-16-13 08:52 PM
    I had planned on keeping my 9900 until the Q10 was released, but I just couldn't wait. Although I love my Z10 and the keyboard is awesome, I'll likely be trading it in for the Q as soon as it hits the US. I miss the qwerty form factor.

Posted via CB10
    toujours_frais and sirk25 like this.
    04-16-13 09:46 PM
    If so, ditch it soon so you get the most money for it, and use a spare, old phone in the meantime, then grab a Q10 when they launch.

Touchscreens aren't for everyone, and there's no shame carrying around an old smartphone or whatever for a month until the Q10 launches. You're still supporting Blackberry 10, and future product development. I say go for it and ditch the Z ASAP.

On the other hand, I love my touchscreen on my Z10. I was going to get rid of my Z for a Q upon launch, but the detection is good enough for me, far better than my HTC Sensation 4G that I had previously, before that I had a Samsung Galaxy S, and before that the Blackberry Curve. I'm glad they brought a good smartphone back to the market.
    Listing it right now for $400... Only got one low-ball offer for $350
    04-16-13 11:26 PM
    I also caved into getting a Z10 but I know the Q10 is the phone for me. I just hope that people in my area would want to trade straight up when the Q is released. I've been seeing sales of the Z10 as low as 350$
    04-16-13 11:57 PM
    I have tried hard to get used to typing on glass, but I simply can't do it. I make mistakes by the boatload, and I'm a monster of a typist on a physical keyboard. I think the Z10 onscreen keyboard must be great mostly for slow poky typists.

I need shortcuts, I'm constantly frustrated by either virtual buttons that don't respond to my touch (laggy phone app is one consistent example), or the next second I barely touch the screen and end up doing something really annoying like making an unwanted phone call or deleting something I didn't want to delete, etc.

It doesn't help that the BB10 UI is really raw and buggy. If the UI had more polish I don't think the touchscreen would bother me as much. Cursor positioning for example often makes me want to throw things. Unfortunately without a trackpad I'm not sure how much the Q10 can improve that.

I like the idea of a bigger screen but I've found that it's not large enough to even begin to compete with my tablet for certain tasks (thought I might be able to do remote computer/desktop access but honestly I'm thinking now I'd probably go blind trying to do that), much less my laptop. And because the onscreen keyboard takes up almost 50% of the screen, that large screen means zilch when you're typing, and the other problem is the onscreen keyboard is always covering-up UI elements you either need to see for typing context or need to manipulate to go to the next step of what you're doing.
    04-17-13 01:14 AM
    I was gonna hold out for the Q10 but I quickly realized that with the late release of the Z10 in the U.S., the Q10 probably wasn't going to be here until May or even June, and I was too excited about BlackBerry10, I wanted it NOW NOW NOW. So I got the Z10 the day it came out on T-Mobile in March, and it has been a great first touchscreen phone experience so far, though I miss my 9900 keyboard dearly. The Z10 is a GREAT phone for doing everything I need it to, but I am still so much better at typing on a real keyboard...so I will buy the Q10 and swap my sim between the Z10 and Q10.

Not having that big keyboard makes me feel like I am missing an old friend. And I want that old friend back, even though my new friend (Z10) is cool in its own way.
    04-17-13 01:17 AM
    It's like first love that's been deeply rooted in the heart =)

I do miss my Bold 9900 but I don't think I will trade in my Z10 for a Q10. Can't stand the small screen estate and not being able to use it in landscape mode. I am much faster at tying on my Z10 with the intuitive correction combined with swiping compared to my Bold 9900 so I'll stick with my Z10. Gonna wait til some Z10 owners jump to Q10 so I can grab a battery charger bundle for cheap

I was gonna hold out for the Q10 but I quickly realized that with the late release of the Z10 in the U.S., the Q10 probably wasn't going to be here until May or even June, and I was too excited about BlackBerry10, I wanted it NOW NOW NOW. So I got the Z10 the day it came out on T-Mobile in March, and it has been a great first touchscreen phone experience so far, though I miss my 9900 keyboard dearly. The Z10 is a GREAT phone for doing everything I need it to, but I am still so much better at typing on a real keyboard...so I will buy the Q10 and swap my sim between the Z10 and Q10.

Not having that big keyboard makes me feel like I am missing an old friend. And I want that old friend back, even though my new friend (Z10) is cool in its own way.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:27 AM
    I tried the Z10 so many times. So many times I can't count them. Often I was almost ready to buy one, simply because BBRY is slower than a snail when it comes to bringing the Q to the shelves. But I simply couldn't deal with thhat virtual keyboard. Yes, it is good. Yes, I can type faster with it compared to my trusty Bold 9900. But it is less fun typing, no pleasure actually. It is just something you do on the Z10, nothing special. Typing on my Bold on the other hand is something special and much more convenient. On the Z I am just gald when I'm done typing. On the Q it is just a pleasure doing so.

Especially in times where more and more people carry smaller tablets or Netbooks with them, I think the heavy need to use a large screened phone is somewhat shrinking. Honetsly, watching a movie on the 4.2" Z10 sucks. Not as much as on the 3.1" of the Q10. But it still sucks. It really still sucks on a 4.8" screen on the Galaxy S3. On my 7" Playbook on the other hand it is just "okay". The samll screen of the Bold 990 or the Q10 in the future, is at least for me enough to get my stuff done on the go. And I can say this while all my previous phones were in the 3.6-4" range in terms of display size.
    04-17-13 03:10 AM
    As someone who started their BlackBerry life with a Torch 9800 that Had both a physical and a touch keypad maybe I adapted to the Z10 better. However I did use the physical keyboard much more than the touch one, but now I wouldn't go back to a physical one if you paid me.
    But I realise the Z10 is not for everyone so all those waiting or wanting to swap their Z10 for the Q10 then go for it. Personally having a smaller screen and a physical keyboard would be like stepping back in time again for me.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-17-13 04:15 AM
    Dumped my S3 before the S4 announcement and was able to get most of my money back. Picked up a 9780 for 50 bucks and using that as my primary phone whilst I wait for the q10. I'll keep the 9780 as a backup.

I agree with one of the posters above, if u wanna get rid off the z, do it now and just use a backup phone.
    04-17-13 08:27 AM
    The other thing that has me more seriously looking at the Q10 is that the larger Z10 screen is currently offset somewhat by the way website text doesn't automatically reformat to fit when you pinch out for larger font. I keep forgetting to use Reader mode. So I'm not realizing a lot of benefits from the Z10's larger screen. But if that changes due to a Z10 OS upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:39 AM
    The other thing that has me more seriously looking at the Q10 is that the larger Z10 screen is currently offset somewhat by the way website text doesn't automatically reformat to fit when you pinch out for larger font. I keep forgetting to use Reader mode. So I'm not realizing a lot of benefits from the Z10's larger screen. But if that changes due to a Z10 OS upgrade?

That problem was addressed in recent builds of OS 10.0.10. Unfortunately I'm still on the 10.0.9 series with this weird Verizon build which doesn't have that.

Still kind of amazing that they released it that way.
    04-18-13 12:55 AM
    I will do the same. Will change my Z10 for the Q10...

Sent with Tapatalk from iPhone
    04-18-13 01:28 AM
    I really miss the keyboard on my bold 9900... The Z10 is great, but it doesnt feel like owning a blackberry. If I want a touch-screen only phone, I might be better-off with an iPhone since my wife has one too and we can do Facetime that way. So I was thinking of just trashing my Z10 for the Q10 and also get an iPad mini to make up for the smaller screen of the Q10. Great idea? Who else is with me??
    Come on, it's simple. Ditch your wife's iPhone, give her your Z10, get Q10 for yourself. For bigger screen get PlayBook.
    And BTW, what is Facetime ?

EDIT: BTW #2: if you translate your nickname as 'always fresh', then you need to refresh your gear frequently, right ?
    ESCON and BlackberryPig like this.
    04-18-13 03:38 AM
    i love my Z10 but i do love having a keyboard even more. maybe i'll dual wield...
    04-18-13 03:45 AM
    i love my Z10 but i do love having a keyboard even more. maybe i'll dual wield...
    I am with you man! Keeping my Z10 because swiping is soo much fun but the physical keyboard will be where its at for me and that form factor of the Q10 is to die for!
    04-18-13 06:28 PM
    Same as user above I'm ditching my Z10 gonna have q10+playbook combo

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:54 PM
    I'm used to the touch screen keyboard coming from an Iphone... but just because the Q10 is coming out and has pretty much every feature the z10 has its the best of both worlds.. I'm thinking of getting the Q10 as well

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    04-18-13 10:08 PM
    Doubt I'll get rid of the z10... I'll bounce back and forth between the two

sirk25 likes this.
    04-18-13 10:09 PM
    恩x x x x x x
    04-18-13 10:10 PM
    I'm definitely gonna sell my z10 and get the q10 when it comes to tmobile usa.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:10 PM
    Glue them back to back! Now that's a hybrid!
    steinercat likes this.
    04-18-13 11:49 PM
    Doubt I'll get rid of the z10... I'll bounce back and forth between the two

I'm right there with you.

I downloaded a 2 GB movie on my Z10 and watched it on a long planeride - Lincoln. The HD quality was amazing and my battery barely drained. i was pretty impressed. Lincoln is also a long movie for those keeping tabs.

At the same time, I need a keyboard so they both will have a place here. I do find the Z10 keyboard too sensitive and I make a lot of mistakes.
    04-19-13 08:36 PM
26 12