I'm thinking about buying a Q10 but two things are stoping me right now. Is there any talk about a Instagram app made for OS10 so it doesn't have to be side loaded. And also me and some friends have a group chat and everyone has iPhones if I have a Q 10 will I be able to be in the chat and it come in as a threaded message and say who said what.
    07-28-13 12:32 PM
    Currently, Instagram has no plans to develop their app for BB10. That will change if BlackBerry garners a larger market share, but it's not coming out anytime soon.

As for group chats, I haven't had any so I cannot say for certain. Normally I'd assume it would be fine and group chats would be handled the same as on an iPhone, but BB10 has had so many little surprises, not all of them good, that I would want to investigate more before making any kind of pronouncement.
    07-28-13 12:57 PM
    Group chat will work. It's SMS after all, not rocket science...
    07-28-13 12:58 PM
    Group chat will work. It's SMS after all, not rocket science...
    But this is BB10 we're talking about, and things are not always what they seem. I've just tried my first group chat with my Q10, messaging two iPhone users. They have both responded but neither response has shown up on my Q10. They saw eachothers' responses but I have seen nothing. I only know this because one of them is in the next room!
    07-28-13 01:09 PM
    I believe instagram will come to BlackBerry in the future but it will be a while.

And about the group chat, it that doesn't work remember that soon bbm will be on iphone and Android so that is an option for you and your friends to chat on.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-28-13 01:30 PM
    Instagram the non sideload was said to come out before Google glass. No exact date was mentioned as fat ax group chat use whatsapp until bbm is cross platform. There's always text messages or facebook chat.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    07-28-13 01:58 PM
    This guy left his Iphone for Blackberry and posted a video of why he hated it. You should watch it!
    "Why I hate the BlackBerry Z10" | CrackBerry.com
    Instagram:
    http://crackberry.com/instagram
    07-28-13 02:03 PM
    If group chat won't work even though I want to switch to a Q10 I don't think I will. I use it to much to not have it.
    07-28-13 03:44 PM
    just don't
    07-28-13 03:47 PM
    I would give a try at a store first to make sure you like the feel. The only downfall in my opinion for some is the app selection, if that doesn't matter to you then go for it!

Posted via CB10
    gavler211 likes this.
    07-28-13 04:05 PM
    I think you may need to turn off iMessage on your phone first. After you do that messages from iPhone users should start coming in.
    07-28-13 04:06 PM
    Do it. Q10 destroys the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    locke7 likes this.
    07-28-13 04:07 PM
    I don't really need the apps. Honestly the only app I like is Instagram.
    07-28-13 04:45 PM
    It depends, are the group chats on imessage or via sms? If they are sms, they will work fine. If I was you I'd wait a few months and get all your friends on BBM when it comes out for iOS, its gonna be legendary!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 05:39 PM
    Q10 is a very professional and function device. It's well built and has a very capable Os. IPhone is out dated in every way.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 05:52 PM
    Q10 is a very professional and function device. It's well built and has a very capable Os. IPhone is out dated in every way.

Posted via CB10
    outdated in every way? how is that? I can't figure out why so many ppl feel like, if they have a BlackBerry they can't like an iPhone, or vice versa...both phones have their flaws. what really kills me is the notion that BlackBerry is a "professional" device and the iPhone is a "toy". sometimes ithink ppl say that to make themselves feel more important than they really are. both phones are great and they can both get the job done. it just comes down to you and what you prefer.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    BerryAdmirer, zeteo and andy957 like this.
    07-28-13 07:07 PM
    I had a iPhone 5.. which was really like a iPhone 4 barely any changes in design and function. I also had a s3 and overall in my opinion blackberry functions much better than both devices. My blackberry 9900 didn't function better than the completion but the Z10 and Q really brought the heat.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:16 PM
    Well, are you a communications kind of person, where you live and die by text messages and you absolutely need a good typing experience? Go for the Q10, it is to me the best modern OS typing experience anywhere.

If you do not value those things, you can't do much worse than an iPhone. It has the most apps that every conceivable niche could come up with. You are indeed having a great Swiss army knife there if you got a fruit phone.

On a side: Instagram side loaded on BB10 devices have never failed me and they suffice.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:31 PM
    I went from iPhone 4 to Q10 and it is AMAZING!
    Only thing to consider, and I stress ONLY;
    is the shear amount of applications in each market.
    However, the browser (fantastic) on the Q10 makes up for much of this.
    07-28-13 07:42 PM
    It depends, are the group chats on imessage or via sms? If they are sms, they will work fine. If I was you I'd wait a few months and get all your friends on BBM when it comes out for iOS, its gonna be legendary!

Posted via CB10
    There iMessage
    07-28-13 09:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    There iMessage
    If they are on iMessage though, then there is not much to do there. It would be awesome if companies were out there for us (i.e. "I'll release my services for ALL platforms"), but that's not the case.

If you rely on iMessage, it would probably be best to keep thei Phone.
    08-03-13 06:17 AM
    Also give your iPhone away or break it so that you cant revert back to it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    andy957 likes this.
    08-03-13 06:33 AM
    Re the group chats I have them with my siblings all the time via text. Sometimes I have to tell them to take me out of the loop because it is not unusual for us to exchange 30 to 40 texts in a matter of minutes. If you are initiating just remember to click Enable Group Conversation when you start the chat. Otherwise it will treat them as individual messages.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    08-03-13 07:26 AM
    BB 10 is a better OS than iOS. Really that simple. The iOS home button concept is outdated. Instagram wouldn't keep me from making the switch but everybody has their own preferences. Interesting phenomena right now that people are open to switching to BB but a lack of apps prevents the move despite the fact that the OS is just better. Shows just how poorly the company was managed the last 5 years or so.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-03-13 07:36 AM
    If they are on iMessage though, then there is not much to do there. It would be awesome if companies were out there for us (i.e. "I'll release my services for ALL platforms"), but that's not the case.

If you rely on iMessage, it would probably be best to keep thei Phone.
    BBM cross platform will fix that in a few months

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    08-03-13 09:22 AM
38 12