Lately I have been dead set on getting a z30 or note 3 but, I recently just realized I'm getting real tired of virtual keyboards. They're prone to freeze or glitch out. If your phone messes up, your keyboard can get stuck and I love haptic feedback on android,its nothing like the real thing. I actually owned several phones with a keyboard before NY first full touch smartphone (which was android) and I miss touching what I'm typing or actually being able to type without looking, (very hard on virtual keyboards). I gave kasha been a background supporter of blackberry and have been wanting a blackberry since the 9930 days on Verizon(they still sell too for some reason). Anyways what do guys think? Should I consider a Q10 as well? Will it hold up while I'm in college?

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-17-13 06:44 PM
    Q10 has the best physical keyboard. Just go for it.

Q10 \m/
    Anonymous2039 likes this.
    11-17-13 07:00 PM
    If you don't mind the smaller screen grab it.

The one annoyance that I have with the qwerty keyboard is that you have to press shift if you want to use a period etc. With BlackBerry 10 this is probably way better though because you can just double tap the sapce bar and it adds a period for you. Still it's annoying for web addresses.

The bb10 virtual keyboard is awesome, it's faster than the qwerty one.

I'm always using the word suggestions and it makes typing a lot easier and faster. But every now and then I find that my sentences can get carried away with funny words....

The qwerty is definitely awesome for emails

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:16 PM
    If a keyboard is what you want a q10 is your best bet. You could go for a droid with a slide out keyboard, but they didn't feel right to me.

I jumped to BlackBerry and the q10 from a droid and love you much simpler and easier everything is on bb. You close an app, and it stays closed. You can install os leaks and update before the carrier launches it, which is something I would have never tried with my droid.

All in all I like BlackBerry and the q10 hands down over droid.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:19 PM
    The physical keyboard is amazing, I have an iPhone for work, but I can't stand not having the physical presence in my hands!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:28 PM
    I agree that the keyboard is great. I have note 3 for work and the keyboard is always auto predicting some the wrong and it's usually after I sent a message that I notice it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    11-17-13 09:47 PM
    It's a concession either way. If messaging is the highest priority for your comm needs, the q10 takes the cake Imo. Else, note3 and 5s just plain dominate in every other dept.

Qwerty phys keys are slower to type, but more direct and accurate. You're rarely backspacing because you autocorrected yourself with the wrong word if u get what I mean.
    11-17-13 10:31 PM
    This might sound KRAZY, but I've been thinking about keeping my Z10, and trading in my SGlll for a Bold 9930 and using it for my secondary device. I miss my "custom" themes and the entire OS7 system.
    11-17-13 10:40 PM
    I made the transition from an old android slide out to Q10 and yet didnt regret it! But I guess, as it has been said above, it comes down to wjat you want to do with the phone. If the keyboard is a big point for you, go for it. but for entertainment there are other options...

Posted with my Q10
    11-17-13 11:55 PM
    If you don't mind the smaller screen grab it.

The one annoyance that I have with the qwerty keyboard is that you have to press shift if you want to use a period etc. With BlackBerry 10 this is probably way better though because you can just double tap the sapce bar and it adds a period for you. Still it's annoying for web addresses.

The bb10 virtual keyboard is awesome, it's faster than the qwerty one.

I'm always using the word suggestions and it makes typing a lot easier and faster. But every now and then I find that my sentences can get carried away with funny words....

The qwerty is definitely awesome for emails

Posted via CB10
    What's interesting is that email is one if the sticklers for android for me,, email sucks on android. Something either made well but does too much in the background (outlook keeps doing push email even though I turned it off.), or works for the most part but has weird features in some areas (gmail primary inbox does not get the bulk of my emails, I have to go to all mail to get me emails).

11-18-13 12:06 AM
    I made the transition from an old android slide out to Q10 and yet didnt regret it! But I guess, as it has been said above, it comes down to wjat you want to do with the phone. If the keyboard is a big point for you, go for it. but for entertainment there are other options...

Posted with my Q10
    I'm tired of using my phone for entertainment that's probably why I should get a tablet. If I can for sure get Netflix on the playbook I'll get that.

11-18-13 12:12 AM
    It'll work fine for college.

The screen is smaller, but it hasn't been an issue so far. I use mine for work, and the amount of use I put on this thing hasn't had any effect on it.

The keyboard is awesome. Best one I have used yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:18 AM
    Lately I have been dead set on getting a z30 or note 3 but, I recently just realized I'm getting real tired of virtual keyboards. They're prone to freeze or glitch out. If your phone messes up, your keyboard can get stuck and I love haptic feedback on android,its nothing like the real thing. I actually owned several phones with a keyboard before NY first full touch smartphone (which was android) and I miss touching what I'm typing or actually being able to type without looking, (very hard on virtual keyboards). I gave kasha been a background supporter of blackberry and have been wanting a blackberry since the 9930 days on Verizon(they still sell too for some reason). Anyways what do guys think? Should I consider a Q10 as well? Will it hold up while I'm in college?

You should consider the Q10. I don't know what you use your device for primarily, but if it's texting, emailing, calling, web browsing and using twitter... it's perfect for me for these (and even a few games too, but really the Q10 is definitely not a gaming device). I have watched YouTube clips on the Q10, and like all videos embedded in websites load very well, but if you're trying to watch movies and full episodes of tv shows or something.. you're gonna be better off using a phone with a bigger screen (though BlackBerry World does have rentals and purchases of this content).

Your last question.. yes, the Q10 will hold up while you're in school. It's really well made, though doesn't look or feel "industrial" or rugged or anything. It looks really nice and feels great to hold.. it's like understated, low-key elegance. It's not super flashy or anything that says LOOK AT ME, like, I don't know, a gold iPhone. It looks really "professional," and yeah you can play Angry Birds on it all you want, but it's really just an excellent productivity and communication device. Lots of shortcuts, and now in 10.2.1, the speed dial is finally back, so from the main screen you can hold "m" and it will call "mom" or whoever you set the letter to call.

If you're in college, you're probably around my age, and just be prepared for your friends to ask why you "still have a BlackBerry" haha. Some people have no idea about the new ones, and just think it's a Bold or something. Get a Q10 though. I love mine.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-18-13 01:06 AM
    I suggest you go into a store and try out the z30 virtual keyboard. I'm a proud of Q10, Z10 and Z30. First device I got was the Q10 since I've always been a keyboard type a guy but after hearing all the positive reviews about the blackberry virtual keyboard, I've decided to get a z10 just to try it out. Ever since than, I never went back to Q10. More you type away with the virtual keyboard, it learns the way you type and it's prediction and auto correct words are dead on. I'm very impressed.

So impressed that, I went out and got a z30. Long story short, don't under estimate the power of bb virtual keyboard.

I must say, I do miss the shortcuts on the keyboard. But it's something I'm willing to sacrifice for a a bigger screen and battery life

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    11-18-13 01:16 AM
    With BlackBerry 10 this is probably way better though because you can just double tap the sapce bar and it adds a period for you. Still it's annoying for web addresses.
    Hint: press space for all periods in your web adress. Type "www crackberry com" and it will insert the periods. That also works for email adresses btw (e.g. in the new message window): type "john doe example com" and it will make "[email protected]".
    andy957 likes this.
    11-18-13 02:27 AM
    Yes to above, I suggest Z30 instead of Q. Big screen plus great keyboard. You'll be very limited by q10

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 02:43 AM
    Nah. i dont think so. I would always prefer the keyboard vs the bigger screen. Also, AMOLED!
    11-18-13 02:53 AM
    Yes to above, I suggest Z30 instead of Q. Big screen plus great keyboard. You'll be very limited by q10

Posted via CB10
    How so?

11-18-13 05:49 AM
    I suggest you go into a store and try out the z30 virtual keyboard. I'm a proud of Q10, Z10 and Z30. First device I got was the Q10 since I've always been a keyboard type a guy but after hearing all the positive reviews about the blackberry virtual keyboard, I've decided to get a z10 just to try it out. Ever since than, I never went back to Q10. More you type away with the virtual keyboard, it learns the way you type and it's prediction and auto correct words are dead on. I'm very impressed.

So impressed that, I went out and got a z30. Long story short, don't under estimate the power of bb virtual keyboard.

I must say, I do miss the shortcuts on the keyboard. But it's something I'm willing to sacrifice for a a bigger screen and battery life

Its not that I'm underestimating any keyboard. I'm tired of using a virtual keyboard period. Typing on glass is not fun at all. I make many a spelling error because of auto correct. Plus there is no haptic feedback on any operating system besides android on the keyboard (as far as I know).

11-18-13 05:53 AM
    While I am certain the BlackBerry virtual keyboard is the best of its category, even those keyboards are still typing on glass. The keyboard of the Q10 is incomparable IMO.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:38 AM
    Fantastic keyboard. Fantastic hardware. Screen is large enough for almost anything. I've even watched movies in it. I'd say go for it without question.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:59 AM
    While I am certain the BlackBerry virtual keyboard is the best of its category, even those keyboards are still typing on glass. The keyboard of the Q10 is incomparable IMO.

Posted via CB10
    That's my way of thinking, regardless of if the keyboard is good (plenty of android keyboards are good) .

11-18-13 07:36 AM
    Its not that I'm underestimating any keyboard. I'm tired of using a virtual keyboard period. Typing on glass is not fun at all. I make many a spelling error because of auto correct. Plus there is no haptic feedback on any operating system besides android on the keyboard (as far as I know).

Actually swiping words is quite entertaining haha.

Simple pleasures for simple minds.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:01 AM

Auto correct on bb virtual keyboard is amazing but I feel that it might not be for you since you're wanting to go away from virtual keyboard of any type.

Q10 keyboard is the best keyboard blackberry has made so far. I say make the move, go grab a q10 already! You'll love every aspect of the phone.

11-18-13 12:59 PM
    Auto correct on bb virtual keyboard is amazing but I feel that it might not be for you since you're wanting to go away from virtual keyboard of any type.

Q10 keyboard is the best keyboard blackberry has made so far. I say make the move, go grab a q10 already! You'll love every aspect of the phone.

My only problem bow is navigation. How is navigation on the Q10? I use navigation periodically and I only have experience with Google maps.

11-18-13 06:10 PM
29 12