One of the reasons for my upgrade to the Q10 from my 9900 is that the 9900 just didn't last...despite how solid it feels to hold it just didn't hold up. The loudspeaker blew so the ringer etc sounds like crap, the keyboard puts double-strokes in a couple times each sentence, so typing has become a real drag with multiple corrections necessary. Here's to hoping that the build quality of the Q10 is better...I just want a phone that works and lasts. Anyone getting double-strokes this early in the game?
    06-14-13 11:01 AM
    I don't even know what you mean by double stroke lol but the keyboard for me has been terrific so far, and today is exactly 1 week with the phone. The build quality seems great, kind of wish the battery door had a different type of latch similar to the 9930, at times I feel it can be a little lose (eventhough it's not, if that makes any sense)

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 11:10 AM
    I'm still on my original 9900 and nothing has gone wrong with it so far...

Well, the original battery stopped holding charge a little while ago, but that's it.
    06-14-13 11:18 AM
    I went through 2 9900s due to failed keyboards, had the same space problem as you after a while and another one got it's "M" key mangled somehow. (edge of it got caught on some fabric I think).

Anyway, the Q10 keyboard seems to be a bit better build, if the 9900 was a 6, the Q10 is a 7-8. My space bar feels great but I've heard others say it feels wobbly, so there may be some manufacturing differences being so early on in the production run of them.
    06-14-13 11:57 AM
    I had the 9930 for a couple of years and the keyboard held up great, never had a problem with it. The keyboard on my Q feels even more high end than the 9930 IMO, I don't think there will be any future problems.

Posted via CB10 using the awesome Q10
    06-14-13 12:05 PM
    Yea I've read reviews where people were reporting a wobbly keyboard and squeaky keys.. not the case for me at all.. mine is holding up perfect

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:48 PM
    What I meant by double stroke was when a key puts two characters up on the screen, even though you only pressed it once. Many users reported this problem with the 9900, even though it only started for me a couple months ago. It's really annoying, especially when you press the space bar and it ends your sentence for you with a period and a capital letter on the next word. Kind of. Like this. Anyway, thanks for your answer!
    06-14-13 06:05 PM
    Yeah I know your double stroke issue. I've replaced 3 keyboards on my 9900, each lasting a few months ..... I put it to the extremely high number of emails I pound through each day though, not so much build quality.... the 9900 was legendary, and I'm sure the Q10 will be too

from an australian Z10...
    06-14-13 06:17 PM
    One of the reasons for my upgrade to the Q10 from my 9900 is that the 9900 just didn't last...despite how solid it feels to hold it just didn't hold up. The loudspeaker blew so the ringer etc sounds like crap, the keyboard puts double-strokes in a couple times each sentence, so typing has become a real drag with multiple corrections necessary. Here's to hoping that the build quality of the Q10 is better...I just want a phone that works and lasts. Anyone getting double-strokes this early in the game?
    This is pretty much impossible to answer, it'll be pure speculation because the Q10 hasn't been out for long.
    06-14-13 09:22 PM
    I bought my 9900 shortly after release, and the delete key on the keyboard broke down a couple months before I could get my z10. Had to buy a new keyboard and replace it, but was only about $40

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:21 PM
    I had to exchange the first Q10 I bought, because it had a squeaky keyboard. Well, I bought two at first, and one was perfect. So I returned one and the one they gave me was perfect.

They keyboard feels awesome. I never had any problems with my 9900 in black or white. I have my Q10 in the hardshell OEM case from BlackBerry, with the screen protector that came with it, and it just feels solid. I would think that BlackBerry knows about the spacebar problem by now, and that they'd address this at the places where the Q10 is assembled... it would be so terrible to have the spacebar issue be so rampant that it tainted an otherwise perfect BlackBerry.
    06-14-13 10:58 PM