So...I just want to restore texts from an old backup I did on 12/31/14 but in link, you don't really get the option to choose from separate things only without restoring EVERYTHING from that back up.

Long story short, I lost my text messages (as stated in a previous thread) but I want to at least get the ones back from 12/31/14. Is there a way to do that without restoring all those settings from that date? I miss Blackberry Desktop Manager, you was able to do it in that. Any work-a-arounds?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 08:36 PM
    So...I just want to restore texts from an old backup I did on 12/31/14 but in link, you don't really get the option to choose from separate things only without restoring EVERYTHING from that back up.

Long story short, I lost my text messages (as stated in a previous thread) but I want to at least get the ones back from 12/31/14. Is there a way to do that without restoring all those settings from that date? I miss Blackberry Desktop Manager, you was able to do it in that. Any work-a-arounds?

Posted via CB10
    There are a few 3rd party apps that provide that function. The most notable are (in no particular order):

Check out Ultimate Backup for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39592932

And

Check out Backup Pro in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/50717887

The above are comprehensive in that you can selectively backup and restore various components of the phone, including your SMS, contacts, calendar, etc. A feature absent from BlackBerry Link as you are aware.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 09:20 PM
    Oops... sorry. I misread your post. You have an existing backup. Those won't accomplish that.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 09:22 PM
    Ahhh screams

Lol.

Should I restore the old backup, save the sms files with those apps, then restore my current backup?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 09:47 PM
    Ahhh screams

Lol.

Should I restore the old backup, save the sms files with those apps, then restore my current backup?

Posted via CB10
    I was actually logging on to offer that suggestion, depending on how badly you wanted the old texts and the time to put in restoring. Yes, that would work.

Perform a complete backup of your phone in its existing state first (if something goes wrong you can always get back to what you have presently).

Then restore from your old backup (the one you want the texts recovered from).

Install the app of your choice for selected backups.

Perform backup using the apps. Be certain to store the backup on the SD card or in the cloud.

Perform a complete restore of your phone from the most recent backup.

Install the backup app.

Recover texts from selective restore using the backup app.

That should do it. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:16 AM