I often get links sent to me via text message that I'd actually want to use on my PC. Is there any way to save a thread from a text message onto my microSD card so that I can then open the file with file manager and then paste them into a browser instead of laboriously typing them? I often miss a character, space or something and then the whole thing is wasted effort as well!

I also get phone numbers, addresses etc texted to me that I'm wanting to input into Outlook (the desktop app, not cloud version) or need to forward to others without my having to again peck out the data and paste it a little bit at a time into the email. So is there any easier way? This would also be nice as a way to keep other information sent to me in a more readily usable form to quickly search for a specific item. Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    07-18-18 06:35 AM
    Save them... yes several apps will backup your sms.

Convert them to a document that you can easily use.... not that I ever saw. It was a nice feature of Blend, being able to see you text message on one computer monitor and open a document or outlook on another and copy/past info.
    07-18-18 03:55 PM
    Well, while I never got around to trying to use it, I do have the Blend app on my Q10. Is there a way to still use it?

07-20-18 06:23 AM
    Would SMS Backup (red icon) work in this case?

I also highlight / copy and email it to myself to go from the BlackBerry to Android or computer.

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    07-20-18 09:36 PM
    Would SMS Backup (red icon) work in this case?
    Which red icon are you speaking about? Is it something I've overlooked that's already on my Q10? Or is it an app of some kind? I really would be interested either way if it isn't too difficult to use. Thanks for the input either way!

07-24-18 06:04 AM
    Which red icon are you speaking about? Is it something I've overlooked that's already on my Q10? Or is it an app of some kind? I really would be interested either way if it isn't too difficult to use. Thanks for the input either way!

Try this link, don't know if it's still in the app world or not.

I've saved and transferred my Q10 text messages to my Classic as well as android phones.

Thought there was a way to save the files multiple ways.

Check out SMS Backup in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27686935

 Classic SQC100-2 I 10.3.2.2813
    07-24-18 08:46 AM
    Could you "Copy Chat" from three dots then paste into either Remember app or Documents To Go?

No 3rd party app needed.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-18 08:55 AM
    [QUOTE=BerryRipe;13242803]Could you "Copy Chat" from three dots then paste into either
    Remember app or Documents To Go?
    No 3rd party app needed.

While it would be horribly tedious to copy each one I wanted into a file I would if it was going to be readily usable. Do you know if either app is in a format that a windows PC can read?

07-25-18 03:34 PM
    [QUOTE=scubafan;13243831]
    Could you "Copy Chat" from three dots then paste into either
    Remember app or Documents To Go?
    No 3rd party app needed.

While it would be horribly tedious to copy each one I wanted into a file I would if it was going to be readily usable. Do you know if either app is in a format that a windows PC can read?

I'm not sure but I would experiment, I hardly ever use a pc so I'm not sure. Maybe I'm confused on what you're trying to accomplish after all.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-18 03:41 PM
    I often get links sent to me via text message that I'd actually want to use on my PC. Is there any way to save a thread from a text message onto my microSD card so that I can then open the file with file manager and then paste them into a browser instead of laboriously typing them? I often miss a character, space or something and then the whole thing is wasted effort as well!

I also get phone numbers, addresses etc texted to me that I'm wanting to input into Outlook (the desktop app, not cloud version) or need to forward to others without my having to again peck out the data and paste it a little bit at a time into the email. So is there any easier way? This would also be nice as a way to keep other information sent to me in a more readily usable form to quickly search for a specific item. Thanks!

Another option is to see if you provider has a PC option.

I use Verizon as my provider and they have a program that will install on my PC to view and send text messages... I "assume" they are not the only Carrier to offer such a product.
    07-27-18 10:37 AM