Hey guys, I don't have my Q10 yet, it's preordered through AT&T, but I want to know what I need to do before I go setting everything up. I want to get facebook notifications through the hub, but I don't want it to automatically add all of my facebook contacts into my phone book. Is there any way to turn that off? I hate to mention OS7, I know this isn't OS7, but with my Bold 9900 my facebook app has that option so I can keep it off. Thanks guys.
    06-12-13 09:30 AM
    is there a way to NOT sync facebook contacts??-img_00000653.png

Posted Via CB10 Using Q10 T-Mobile
    06-12-13 09:40 AM
    Agreed do up above and you won't see your FB contacts in your contacts list.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:43 AM
    Turn "find friends" off.

ckrusen66 likes this.
    06-12-13 09:45 AM
    Settings->
    Accounts ->
    Facebook->
    Turn find friends off,
    Also turn sync events off as well.
    Unless u want all your friends birthdays automatically in your BlackBerry calendar.

06-12-13 09:47 AM
    Awesome guys, that's why I love these forums. I'll make sure to do that before I log in to facebook on my Q10 so it wouldn't start on its own, lol.
    06-12-13 11:47 AM
    hi i have just been reading your threat on de syncing facebook contactsd from the black berry q10 , and i had already done those steps when setting up the phone but the facebook contacts are still there ??
    06-25-13 09:59 AM
    hi i have just been reading your threat on de syncing facebook contactsd from the black berry q10 , and i had already done those steps when setting up the phone but the facebook contacts are still there ??
    I did the same. Matter of fact, even with everything off, facebook and linkedin still synced contacts. I wound up with people, pics, and numbers that I never had on my phone contact list before. I promise all of you that find friends was off, don't even doubt me.

I then said ok stupid OS, but then realized if you go into contacts, and swipe down for settings, you can turn certain categories off, i.e. fb and linkedin... you'll be wiped of whatever contacts you did not originally have on your old phone, but i warn you that the people you did have will still have their fb photo, if you had not set a photo already...it's dook, but until they solve the issue, that's all you can do.
    mase123987 likes this.
    06-25-13 10:30 AM
    hi i have just been reading your threat on de syncing facebook contacts from the BlackBerry Q10 , and i had already done those steps when setting up the phone but the facebook contacts are still there ??
    From Contacts, swipe down for menu, choose Settings, then under "Show Account in Contact List" you can toggle off Facebook & Twitter contacts. This will prevent all your Facebook and Twitter people from appearing in your contact list. The problem occurs when you have a "real" contact (person with a phone number, etc) that also has a FB or twitter account. If you toggle them "off", then they won't show when you do a search from the phone app - you'd have to go into contacts, search them, and then choose "call" or "text" or whatever. So if you have a "real" contact and you want the to appear in a search from the phone app, you have to edit then and desync their facebook/twitter info from their "Contacts" info. To do this, go into Contacts and look for the contacts with a FB photo by their name. Click on that contact, then click on the "link" symbol (two squares w/ a line connecting them, like a section of chain). You will see at least two entries, one of which says Facebook below it. Click the button that says "Unlink" for the facebook entry, then hit "Save". Continue scrolling through your list of contacts until you have unlinked all of them from your regular contact list. This way they will show in a search from the phone app, without all of your non-real FB and Twitter friends showing also. They'll still be in your FB friends list, just not in your phone contacts.
    06-25-13 10:53 AM
    None of this truly removes them, which is the totally ******** part of this OS. Once they're there, they're there. Ie. Try and use search to pull a contact so you can send them a text, and you'll see their social media accounts before your own contact info for them. This is a huge problem for me as lots of my frequent contacts have outdated info on their social accounts.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:00 AM
    Posted about this over a month ago. Very very frustrated. There is no fix as of yet. Yes, you can disable them from showing up in the contacts app, but you cannot prevent them from hard syncing to the phones OS. ie. when you enter in a name for an email address or text all your social media contacts will show up. I could not stand this. I only want notifications to show up for my social media apps and I could care less about the contacts since I have all the contacts that I need already syncing from my Gmail. Very frustrating. Thus, I just created a mobile Facebook link via my browser. Less than ideal, but the only option until, or if, the remedy the situation.
    Markus Mohr likes this.
    06-25-13 04:15 PM
    This is a really big Problem! Please BB fix it. I dont need the facebook Implementation in my OS but it is necessary to create an Account to launch the facebook app. Why it isnt possible to enter the Login-Data directly in the facebook app ???? This will be the Solution for all Problems.

PLEASE FIX IT !

Greetz from Germany
    08-15-13 04:18 AM
    yes it worked for me, i also had skype contacts but for this one i had to open skype application, go to settings then turn off sync with other applications!!
    01-22-14 12:20 AM