The micro USB port on my Q10 has failed but I really wanted to save all the data from it, especially I want to get all of the new contacts into the full MS Outlook on my Win 7/64 PC before I switch to either a Classic or Passport. The link program itself makes it look possible but the so-called "help" page I found was obtuse enough that I never managed to ever get it to see or find my Q10 despite that I've connected via USB cable to sync for roughly 4 years. Should I delete link & re-install it? I even managed to get one of the four drivers into windows to try to get access via the WiFi network at home but I never manage to make it fully install. Does anyone know of a fix? I haven't updated to the latest version of the BB10, and I don't have Windows 10 so that isn't the issue...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-15-17 07:09 AM
    Yes, uninstall and reinstall the whole BlackBerry package... maybe it will work.

If it really only contacts you are concerned about... look for Ultimate Backup in BBW.
    11-15-17 07:47 AM
    Well I would strongly prefer the ability to save everything that I always have been able to do with BlackBerry Link via USB cable. So if there's any way to at least try doing it before I have to resort to using a different backup method that I'll have to get used to and especially since I already know how to use Link so on the times that I have a bunch of stuff to add to my contacts & calendar in Outlook 2007 I can type on my full size keyboard on my laptop MUCH faster and easier! When I have dozens of items to add it really helps... so if anyone can help me get Link to sync via either BT or WiFi like it says it's capable of doing I would really appreciate it!

11-17-17 12:03 PM
    Well I would strongly prefer the ability to save everything that I always have been able to do with BlackBerry Link via USB cable. So if there's any way to at least try doing it before I have to resort to using a different backup method that I'll have to get used to and especially since I already know how to use Link so on the times that I have a bunch of stuff to add to my contacts & calendar in Outlook 2007 I can type on my full size keyboard on my laptop MUCH faster and easier! When I have dozens of items to add it really helps... so if anyone can help me get Link to sync via either BT or WiFi like it says it's capable of doing I would really appreciate it!

Many would rather use LINK... it's just that BlackBerry stopped developing it LONG ago.

I'd suggest you search CrackBerry for LINK.... there are a LOT of different things that can be tried. iTunes fix, uninstalling and reinstalling, disabling utilities, using an old PC.
    11-21-17 01:31 PM
    I appreciate your suggestions, but I think you're missing what my problem actually is. Link itself is working fine on my Win 7/64 PC. But I can't connect to it because the microUSB sync & charge port on my Q10 has broken! I have to resort to an external battery charger and just swapping batteries during the day. It is actually kind of convenient to not be tethered to a charger but the problem that I'm seeking help with is to connect my Q10 TO my PC without being able to use the USB cable method I've always used... when I look at the BlackBerry link menu it offers the option of using my WiFi network or Bluetooth but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them to "see" each other. Otherwise link has always been a fairly good, simple and easy way to sync up to Outlook and to back up files onto the PC.

11-21-17 05:10 PM
    Never tried the Bluetooth pairing...

WiFi stopped working for me well before LINK stopped seeing my phone at all.

Only suggestion would be to look at disabling you FireWall for a short time to make sure it's not blocking the services or ports that LINK needs.

Proable would not uninstall and reinstall as it seems like the first time you had to use the USB.

Use Ultimate Backup to backup your contact then save them to a Cloud Solution like OneDrive.....
    11-22-17 12:56 PM
    Well, I would still like to try. My issue is a lack of knowledge of HOW to connect to link via WiFi or BT. I know that the firewall isn't blocking anything because I haven't created a connection to my laptop or therefore to link because up until the stupid port broke I was always able to use link, and I could also just use the file manager in windows to copy anything stored in either the Q10 or even the micro USB card while it was still in the phone. But since I no longer can use the port, I can't use a USB cable. When I saw that link said it could connect the other two ways I tried to figure out how to do it but so far I haven't been able to. It also didn't make sense to buy an app that just saves some of what I'm trying to save when I plan to continue using link to sync with my new phone, once I decide whether to get a Passport or a Classic. So I will be very grateful if anyone would give me the steps to take in order to let my Windows 7/64 PC connect to my Q10. I have zero plans to ever own a Windows 10 powered device, so link should remain useful for the indefinite future.

11-22-17 04:51 PM
    so link should remain useful for the indefinite future.

There was a setting in Storage and Access that you might need to enable "Access using Wi-Fi".

LINK should have installed Firewall rules when it was installed... Disable it rules out that being the issue.

There is a way to turn off the default WiFi Setting in LINK.... but only when you phone is visible.
    11-27-17 11:11 AM
    Well, I have the "enable access via WiFi" on, but don't know where to look for any firewall rules.

And of course I'm in a Catch-22 situation on the other part. If you can't change a setting if the device doesn't appear, and the reason for wanting to change it is so you can make it appear...

Besides the storage & access setting to allow WiFi, is there anything else I might have missed? I guess what I'm really looking for is a detailed list of the steps that need to be done in order to connect a BlackBerry 10 device wirelessly to a PC using either WiFi or Bluetooth.

11-27-17 12:15 PM
    Not much in the way of "details".... Connecting to BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry Link for Windows - 1.2.4 it's really just suppose to work.

Might also check Media Sharing options.

Don't remember the ports that the BlackBerry Services needed, for testing just turn off the Windows or 3rd Party Firewall for a short time. If it then works you'll know you need to figure the ports out, if it doesn't.... well then you'll know that isn't the problem.
    11-27-17 01:12 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow!

11-28-17 12:03 AM
    I just stumbled across this thread while trying to solve same problem with Q10. I am in process of transferring with CompanionLink Express. I normally use it via USB for passed 4 years but had to resort to Wifi connection option. Seems to be working so far.
    12-06-17 07:01 PM
    I just stumbled across this thread while trying to solve same problem with Q10. I am in process of transferring with CompanionLink Express. I normally use it via USB for passed 4 years but had to resort to Wifi connection option. Seems to be working so far.
    Jeff, if you've been able to connect to BlackBerry Link via WiFi, how did you do it? I have enabled Link to work on WiFi, and I haven't seen the firewall that another user told me about.

Biggest thing is that you're the only user I've seen who actually has said that they were able to use the method at all! I'm quite sure it'll be slower than the USB cable but since I CAN'T get it done that way anymore a slow connection is far better than zero connection!

So I would very much appreciate it if you could tell me how you made it work.

12-07-17 09:15 AM
    I have used Companion Link software successfully for the passed 4 years but until now have used the USB connection.

My main customer database is a very old version of ACT that I use on my desktop. I use Companion Link to load sync with Deja Office app on my Q10, I then use Deja Hub to sync with BB Contacts. Last night was first time I did this using Wifi but I was able to load over 7400 contacts to my phone with contact names, companies, address and phone, notes and additional contact fields.

I have not tried to sync the other way (phone to desktop) but there are provisions in the software to do this.

Here is the link to Companion Link https://www.companionlink.com/
    12-07-17 10:12 AM