People are freaking out over the look of the back of the recent leak from N4BB (Source)

Take a look very closely.... the leak that came out last week from NerdBerry (Source) is different from the recent leak from N4BB:

The BB logos are in different positions and the most recent leak on the right has a very plastic look to it, not really RIMs style. While the one on the left seems to have a more textured look to it. So lets not freak out yet, keep the calm, BlackBerry is coming. Almost T-minus 30 days until launch.
    12-29-12 10:36 PM
    I write for Nerdberry and this is very very observant I'm going to post this and credit this post
    12-29-12 10:42 PM
    Both devises look painfully ugly. Hope they are fakes.
    aha and mikeo007 like this.
    12-29-12 10:48 PM
    Both devices look painfully ugly, hope they are fakes.
    RIM may still have a few tricks up their sleeves by launch.
    Also, I was saying the whole time that I thought that was a Dev Alpha C!
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-29-12 10:50 PM
    The person who leaked the photo for NerdBerry said it was final hardware
    I agree that RIM is playing this all very close to the chest.
    12-29-12 10:52 PM
    The person who leaked the photo for NerdBerry said it was final hardware
    I agree that RIM is playing this all very close to the chest.
    I really don't believe that the hardware will be finalized until the new year..
    RIM has always been very strong in the non-leak department, and this is proof of it.
    12-29-12 10:56 PM
    Time will surely tell I hope it's Dev C honestly, maybe just a different backplate.

Thanks plazmic, credit where it's due: Subtle Differences Between X10 (N-Series Leaks) Final Hardware or Dev Alpha C? | NerdBerry.net
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-29-12 10:57 PM
    Time will surely tell I hope it's Dev C honestly, maybe just a different backplate.

Thanks plazmic, credit where it's due: Subtle Differences Between X10 (N-Series Leaks) Final Hardware or Dev Alpha C? | NerdBerry.net
    Yes, all of the internals for BlackBerry 10 are obviously finalized.
    I was really surprised when they changed the RAM to 2GB's ,however, pleasantly surprised obviously.
    It's the external that can, and hopefully will be tweaked to perfection.
    12-29-12 11:01 PM

I'm thinking the screen on the X10 will be the screen of the supposed white curve that was leaked last week and is referenced /pictured in your article. The bigger area for the gesture swipes looks good.
    12-29-12 11:08 PM
    I like the look of the "curve" more than the dev alpha c or X10 or whutever it is.
    12-29-12 11:12 PM
    The rabbit hole just keeps going deeper, racking my brain over these devices, lol. January 30th can't come soon enough!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-29-12 11:23 PM
    Agreed
    12-29-12 11:25 PM
    Nice catch! I only noticed a difference in the texturing of the device between both pictures. The back in the new photo looks even worse than it did on the older one. The material looks cheap, that camera opening seems awkward, that silver stripe looks out of place and in general the whole image looks like that thing is an el-cheapo device. Of course we all can only judge when we see the "real", finalized thing.
    12-30-12 06:18 AM
    People are freaking out over the look of the back of the recent leak from N4BB (Source)

Take a look very closely.... the leak that came out last week from NerdBerry (Source) is different from the recent leak from N4BB:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps1257e5e8.jpg

The BB logos are in different positions and the most recent leak on the right has a very plastic look to it, not really RIMs style. While the one on the left seems to have a more textured look to it. So lets not freak out yet, keep the calm, BlackBerry is coming. Almost T-minus 30 days until launch.
    Kudos to you for catching this. I admit to being one of those who freaked out, going on a venting tirade, lol. But it's just silly. Now we know that it's yet another Dev Alpha.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    12-30-12 07:32 AM
    I agree this�
    12-30-12 07:50 AM
    I'm openly torn between the Z10 and the QWERTY version, whatever it will be.

The way the Z10 works is very intriguing to me. The problem I have, however, is that I love my QWERTY. The QWERTY version has to achieve a number of things for me to not jump to the Z10. Namely, I need it to achieve the same flow as the Z10. I want it to be a BB10 phone - not a new 9900. To do this, it must have a large enough physical screen to allow for the proper jesturing. There is no way my 9900 can do the same jesturing as the Z10.

I know there are people who are stuck on the trackpad. I am not. The trackpad is useful where touchscreen is not accurate enough or where you don't have enough physical real estate to touch the screen in the appropriate way. The screen also needs to be large enough to read content well enough. Webpages, images, e-mails, etc. should fit enough on the screen so that's the text (or image) isn't too small.

It's an interesting problem to resolve. The reason everyone seem to enjoy designs such as the TK Victory is because it looks to achieve those goals. It achieves a beautiful aesthetic while maximizing the practical screen size for a QWERTY device.

These devices aren't final. They're obviously test or dev devices.

I have no option but to wait to see the REAL QWERTY version in action before I can decide between the Z10 and the X10.
    mystic84 likes this.
    12-30-12 01:12 PM
    In the 9 months that I've had my 9900, I think I've spent 0:08 seconds total looking at the back of it. I don't see what the big deal is...

The front side is much more productive, I would recommend looking at it instead.
    jesse_h likes this.
    12-30-12 01:29 PM
    I think that the back shown in the first leak is likely to be the final one, if you look closely at it you will see a similar sort of weave pattern as you have on the battery cover of the 9900.

In both cases, I doubt that either of them are the dev alpha c, it is more likely that the later pictures have simply come from beta rather than final hardware.
    12-30-12 02:03 PM
    Agreed... I too think the X10 will be similar to the white "curve"... or that could actually be the X10? I've never typed on a curve qwerty though I love the typing experience on the 9900..best by far.. I think the above is the dev alpha c
    01-01-13 04:17 PM
    Hey now wait a minute! I said in the Dev Alpha C or Real N series thread....the different placement of the logos. I was the First to catch that!

Proof: calicocat2010 12:30 PM Yesterday
    ^ yep noticed. Also those two back covers...look at the logo placement on both. They are in different spots
    01-01-13 05:08 PM
    I think that the back shown in the first leak is likely to be the final one, if you look closely at it you will see a similar sort of weave pattern as you have on the battery cover of the 9900.<br />
    <br />
    In both cases, I doubt that either of them are the dev alpha c, it is more likely that the later pictures have simply come from beta rather than final hardware.
    Agree with everything you said here. No way is that a dev alpha and the first leak showing the pattern is likely final hardware. I won't condemn this device until I see it in person. The people wanted a Bold BB10 and that's what they gave us. Not sure what else is expected here. The Bold is a great looking device that screams BlackBerry...I love it.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-01-13 06:46 PM
    I hope these pics are like spy pics of a new car. All black plastic and ugly disguises to throw everyone off.
    01-02-13 05:03 PM