I can't seem to find one and I wouldn't use Link since you can't selectively restore just Remember. Is there an app for thatn?
    03-24-14 11:06 PM
    Something wrong with Evernote? I mean, that's essentially the nice thing about Remember. It's tapped right into Evernote so you can just transfer most stuff there and sync it back whenever you want.
    03-24-14 11:20 PM
    Something wrong with Evernote? I mean, that's essentially the nice thing about Remember. It's tapped right into Evernote so you can just transfer most stuff there and sync it back whenever you want.
    Well no you cant just switch over in Remember app once data is saved locally you cannot switch it over to an Evernote folder sync'd in what's app.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    03-24-14 11:28 PM
    Yes, there is... FireChestBackup! Check it out in BB-World. It has been a subject of a Blog here on CB... Very useful, you can even back-up/restore between BB10 phones when you upgrade! Save from old, restore to the new phone. On the web:
    http://www.firechest.com/backup/
    The 'free' version saves to DropBox, the 'paid' version is able to save to 'SD-Card or phone' (soon?)... I use the 'free' version though.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    jic999 likes this.
    03-24-14 11:39 PM
    Another vote for Fire Chest: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37188889

If you don't have dropbox you'll have to spring for the pro/paid version so you can back it up to the phone itself and then copy it off.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 12:05 AM
    Firechest seem really full featured. Does it back up the Remember's due date and reminder? I was thinking of Evernote but I don't think it will record these attributes.
    03-25-14 12:56 AM
    Thanks so much for this thread!

I was thinking about something similar. I have backed up and restored my device over many leaks and updates starting from BlackBerry 10.0 and sometimes I get big issues with PIM Services for no apparent reason. I already did everything I could think of, from manually removing personal information and gradually reentering it to removing all accounts, etc.

I think to fix my problems I should just go with a clean device wipe. I have no problem with setting up all my accounts, device settings and even waiting a week for my phone to settle again.

However I desperately need my remember entries to be restored. Ideally I would like to just restore remember and nothing else.

I will check out FireChest in hopes that it will do the job.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    03-25-14 06:25 AM
    Thanks so much for this thread!

I was thinking about something similar. I have backed up and restored my device over many leaks and updates starting from BlackBerry 10.0 and sometimes I get big issues with PIM Services for no apparent reason. I already did everything I could think of, from manually removing personal information and gradually reentering it to removing all accounts, etc.

I think to fix my problems I should just go with a clean device wipe. I have no problem with setting up all my accounts, device settings and even waiting a week for my phone to settle again.

However I desperately need my remember entries to be restored. Ideally I would like to just restore remember and nothing else.

I will check out FireChest in hopes that it will do the job.

Posted via CB10
    Please update us to let us know how it works. I'm looking to do the same thing.

CBZ10 10.3.0.140
    mexicangangboss likes this.
    03-25-14 10:07 AM
    Well no you cant just switch over in Remember app once data is saved locally you cannot switch it over to an Evernote folder sync'd in what's app.

Are you saying Evernote doesn't backup pics, voice notes and notes in Remember or are you saying it just doesn't sync back to a wiped device?
    03-25-14 12:58 PM
    Please update us to let us know how it works. I'm looking to do the same thing.

CBZ10 10.3.0.140
    I now already backed my remember entries up to dropbox successfully. When I get home today and find some time I will completely wipe my device and set it back up, restore my remember entries from dropbox. I will post in this thread when I have further updates

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:03 PM
    Are you saying Evernote doesn't backup pics, voice notes and notes in Remember or are you saying it just doesn't sync back to a wiped device?
    Neither re read what I said.

I said...

Remember (app) does NOT sync an EXISTING note to Evernote if you did not Save into Evernote initially using Remember. Best way I can put it:

Save a webpage link, give it a title or not. Add voice notes pictures or any media you choose or none at all. Save it - BUT do NOT select Evernote or any of your Evernote folders from.the top right corner BEFORE you save.

Now recall that saved note or entry in Remember... guess what you no longer have the option to backup to Evernote.

However I KEEP remembering I purchased Fire Chest and it works VERY well even backup and restore via MicroSD including picture apps that you use to hide pictures it saves them too keeping them from prying eyes.

FireChestApps likes this.
    03-25-14 10:47 PM
    Thanks. That's more intelligible.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-25-14 11:28 PM
    Firechest seem really full featured. Does it back up the Remember's due date and reminder? I was thinking of Evernote but I don't think it will record these attributes.
    Yes it will backup and restore everything. Even attachments, due dates, folders.... There maybe issues if you are already syncing notes with Evernote.

And not only is it FREE, but compared to what little competition it has on BB World, it is also HIGHLY INTUITIVE and SIMPLE to use.

Fire Chest Backup PRO is the "super-duper" version that we are throwing all our R&D into. Phone memory support coming in a day or two.
    03-26-14 11:04 PM
    I now successfully restored my remember, contacts and more through firechest. It worked flawlessly and incredibly intuitive.
    I can recommend this method to anyone who has problems with his battery life or device lags after using a lot of leaks and upgrading often.

Completely wipe your device and don't restore a BlackBerry Link backup, but only remember entries etc through firechest. The phone will feel brand new and your problems will most likely be solved.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    03-26-14 11:30 PM
    Just bought Firechest. Way better than Evernote from what I can see. Love that it backs up to Dropbox
    03-27-14 12:33 AM
    I liked the free version so much that I bought the PRO version as it supposedly had more functionality especially backup to sd card. However, there is no settings to allow backup to sd card. The PRO version I bought does not seem to be any different from the free version. BB app world shows a good description including backing up to sd but again there appears to be no such option. I also erased the free version, redownloaded the Pro version, powered down/up my BB10 device and still no difference. Is there somekind of hidden menu to bring up those other options such as backup to SD ?

Wow, fast email response. Thank you. On the sign in screen trick is to tap the arrow and the option shows up whether to use box or sd. Works like a charm although it really was not intuitive to have to tap that arrow. Maybe another button to tap for choice of backup area on one of the screens would be better?
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 03-27-14 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Solved via email from developers
    03-27-14 06:30 AM
    We initially tried a standard dropdown box above the button but it made the sign-in screen visually unbalanced. The menu in the title bar we think is more elegant.

There is a app screenshot provided on BlackBerry World that demonstrates the dropdown title bar. The sequence of screenshots also acts as a walk through.

Hope you enjoy the app. And remember help is always available almost 24/7 from Support.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:48 AM
    We initially tried a standard dropdown box above the button but it made the sign-in screen visually unbalanced. The menu in the title bar we think is more elegant.

There is a app screenshot provided on BlackBerry World that demonstrates the dropdown title bar. The sequence of screenshots also acts as a walk through.

Hope you enjoy the app. And remember help is always available almost 24/7 from Support.

Posted via CB10
    Any update on automated backups?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:56 PM
    Next steps:

- Phone memory support as a backup destination. Coming in a day or two.
    - SMS backup.
    - Box support.

Will need to go headless for scheduled backups. Applying for it next week.

Also just finished a headless version of a new usage app: Usage Pro. Should be available today or tomorrow from BlackBerry World. It builds on Fire Chest Usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:23 PM
    Can i Backup Remember by using Fire Chest??

Posted via CB10
    MGO likes this.
    06-16-14 05:28 AM
    Can i Backup Remember by using Fire Chest??

Posted via CB10
    As he mentioned. YES.
    You can even choose from which date you wanted to restore as long as you do backups.

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-16-14 05:44 AM
    YES!!!

Get the app "Backup Pro" in BlackBerry World.

Not only can you backup/restore notes, you can open the backup Zip file and copy the notes to use on your computer. Beautiful!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by FireChestDotCom; 06-16-14 at 02:55 PM.
    06-16-14 09:52 AM
    YES!!!

Not only can you backup/restore notes, you can open the backup Zip file and copy the notes to use on your computer. Beautiful!

Posted via CB10
    I have read a ton of reviews on this Backup pro and firechess come to find out they are basically the same lite version and regular version

Pin:2B957637
    06-16-14 03:36 PM
    YES!!!

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mean Backup Pro. I am using Fire Chest (free version) and i have Remember section, but i couldn't see in the details of the app in BlackBerry World. Are there any changing?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 05:49 PM
    I didn't mean Backup Pro. I am using Fire Chest (free version) and i have Remember section, but i couldn't see in the details of the app in BlackBerry World. Are there any changing?

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe so you can email the developer I didn't see a changelog

Pin:2B957637
    06-16-14 06:07 PM
49 12