I believe that there has been spyware installed on my Blackberry Q10 by a relative (by marriage) that I allowed to use my phone. It is locked and gave him the password to unlock it so he could use it. Was not thinking at the time. Does anyone know of any applications that actually work in detecting spyware or of how I can search the phone myself to try and find the spyware? There are a few spyware apps that claim they work on the Q10 like Track wary etc. If at all possible I would like to confirm it has or has not been installed rather than just doing a wipe.
    03-24-15 12:22 PM
    You're watching too many spy movies, BB10 is locked down to hell, whoever you gave your phone too couldn't do anything without a computer, sideloading a App (native) needs a computer to start with since direct installations from a File manager don't work, and Android Apps are sandboxed which means they don't have access to anything outside the Android Folder.

Even then, anything installed is listed in either Device monitor or the Permissions screen.
    Seriously, don't worry.
    tdaye, anon(9188202) and XxRaxX like this.
    03-24-15 12:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure any non-system (i.e. installable) app requires an icon and some sort of UI, even the headless ones.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    03-24-15 12:28 PM
    Unless you activated BlackBerry Protect on yourself he cannot spy on you. If he register your phone with his account...there can be a problem because only he can have remote access to the device and play dirty tricks.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:33 PM
    Look for any unknown apps. Delete your browser history and cookies
    03-24-15 07:18 PM
    If your that worried, just for piece of mind, wipe the phone and file for a divorce / get new relative. Or simply get treatment for paranoia.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    03-29-15 07:12 AM
    You won't find any trace of the NSA's work because it is baked into the OS itself. It automatically activates once you power up. /jk
    03-29-15 08:15 AM
    Download Sachesi and use that to look at every app on your device. I've never heard of anyone successfully installing spyware on a BlackBerry.
    03-31-15 07:48 AM
    This is news seriously dude u have nothing to worry. Trust me when I say your on BlackBerry dude not iphone or droid.
    Your protected.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:38 AM
    You're protected against apps that try to change your phone system, not against the ones that steal your information. Always, check the permissions you give them, and deny what seems unnecessary.
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    04-01-15 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD