Of the 65 threads SoxFan has started since August of this year (no threads from January of last year till August of this year), only 6 or 7 have not been complaints. 8 of them have been about the same topic as another thread he started. Show me someone else who started almost 60 complaint threads in 3 & 1/2 months, with 8 of them being duplicate threads? You expect people to respect your opinion, but you don't respect anyone else,s. In fact, when people present you with facts, you try to reduce the facts to opinions and try to male your own opinions sound like facts. You don't speak for the entire market. No one person does. You also do not speak for this community, no one member does or ever should. I don't respect your opinion because you base your opinions mostly on the conjecture of others and your own negative views. You have had a lot more negative than positive to say about BB10, your thread titles and posts prove that. Do I give the tech experts credit? Maybe a little, but what matters most to me is my own user experience. The conjecture of some self-appointed tech expert most often does not jive with my own experience. The same with music and movie reviews. I like what I want to like, not what I am told to like. I don't base my opinions on the conjecture of others and then try to act like enough people having the same opinion makes it a fact. You are clearly not qualified to speak for the market or to offer even the dimmest glimmer of speculation as to why the device failed commercially, or why the company is having troubles. Neither am I. The difference is, when I offer my uneducated, unqualified opinion, I state that it's just that. An opinion. Not a fact, no matter how many people might share it or offer conjecture that influences it. Furthermore, I doubt that I will ever have anything to offer to any of your posts or threads that you will view as constructive. I will not contribute to your nitpicking. You turn a conversation about one "problem" into a conversation about everything you dislike about your device, the OS, and the company. I will not contribute anything that will help you continue to behave in this manner.
    11-11-13 01:09 PM
    Exactly... i'm sure he will argue with those stats and say how much he helps people. He's a real Prince.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:23 PM
    waterfront is an *****

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:51 PM
    Oh, he's an ****. Guess that makes me an **** too, since I agree with him.
    11-11-13 01:56 PM
    Hey waterfront, we're both ****'s, did you know?
    11-11-13 01:59 PM
    I know. I'm will take being an *** over agreeing Sox illogical rants any day.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:21 PM
    How classy.
    waterfront is an *****

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 02:22 PM
    That's what I call completely off-topic. What a hypocrite, telling the rest of us not to go off-topic.

Posted via CB10
    We had already agreed that the OP topic was fully vetted.
    11-11-13 02:43 PM
    We had already agreed that the OP topic was fully vetted.
    Then quit posting in this thread!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:01 PM
    Of the 65 threads SoxFan has started since August of this year (no threads from January of last year till August of this year), only 6 or 7 have not been complaints. 8 of them have been about the same topic as another thread he started.
    I wish you wouldn't try to manipulate the facts: the vast majority of the threads I have started have been basic/simple questions about a functional issue. There has been no intentional duplication (although I acknowledge that one thread on the touch screen is duplicated by accident...even the wording of the post is replicated, not sure why that occurred, but obviously an error). If another topic is similar, I'm sure it's because I encountered a related new experience, or it was inadvertent.

There are a few threads about the company such as the missing "Little Moments of Delight" etc. which are triggered by external events and/or publications which tend to generate a lot of discussion on both sides. All healthy fodder for discussion. In addition, there are numerous praiseworthy comments about features and benefits.

Overall, the vast majority are not complaints at all -- either in form or in function -- but are experienced-based questions on how a certain function works, or challenges or problems I've encountered as a user, seeking input and feedback/discussion with and from others in the community. Sometimes people have different opinions as to whether a function is good or bad the way it is; sometimes we and others disagree on that; and, sometimes we and others disagree on the importance or lack thereof of a functional issue. Sometimes, a functional issues in emblematic of a larger issue/problem/tendency, and the discussions expand to those areas/topics.

I am earnest about respecting others' opinions and trying, more than anyone I've encountered on this site, to stick to the facts and/or clearly identify when I am expressing an unsubstantiated opinion, unlike many other participants. I attempt to rigorously refrain from personal insults and attacks. I would think a community like this would want to encourage more members like me to participate on an such an active basis.
    Last edited by SoxFan; 11-11-13 at 04:03 PM.
    11-11-13 03:53 PM
    Believe me...nobody wants to encourage you. You have earned your reputation on here. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean and FCSC like this.
    11-11-13 04:23 PM
    Believe me...nobody wants to encourage you. You have earned your reputation on here. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    I think we can all agree with this one hundred and ten percent!

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean and FCSC like this.
    11-11-13 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have a terrific rapport with those that are able to be open and honest about the company and its products. We may disagree about the importance of a function here and there, but there's an undercurrent of rationality to the discussions. There are a few fanboys that have a hard time dealing with facts and criticisms about the product and the company and I think people tend to see right through that and it probably goes with the territory. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but sometimes you just gotta ignore them. On the other hand, those people that can engage in healthy dialogue and respect differences of opinion, and aren't here to just rant one way or the other, are good for the site and a pleasure to exchange perspectives with.
    11-11-13 04:31 PM
    You're funny.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:32 PM
    You're funny.

Posted via CB10
    Very funny. I actually laughed at the nonsense he continues to post.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:34 PM
    I have a terrific rapport with those that are able to be open and honest about the company and its products.
    I'm curious. Are those your alternate accounts?
    11-11-13 05:40 PM
    If they are his accounts, the mods will track them and ban him.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:44 PM
    Funny how you avoided most of my reply by only quoting part of it (something you do very often), then accuse me of trying to twist things around.
    11-11-13 09:23 PM
    Bottom line...I've got the most recent Verizon update and can't do leaks. everything in my HUB deletes from the HUB without opening it. A simple long press and tap on the trash can. However, Texts require I open the thread, tap the 3 dots, and select end chat. I'm okay with waiting for 10.2 for the fix for me, that's assuming Verizon ever rolls it out...

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    11-14-13 12:31 AM
119 ... 345