I'm curious if anyone else has this issue. Sometimes when I'm texting on my Q10 I get the sending icon on the text I have sent which remains in an idle state. When I try to send another text on top of that I get the red clock icon next to the new text which also stays in an idol state. After about 2 minutes they will finally both get the check mark next to them at the exact same time. This happens maybe 1 out of every 10 texts. Usually when everything is running smoothly I'll get the sending icon for less than a second and then the check icon. Anyone else have this issue? Is it my phone or the AT&T network? I think it's easy to blame the network but this happens even if I have solid reception. It can be frustrating when I'm in the middle of some serious texting. Thanks for the help!
    07-30-13 12:48 PM
    I noticed it too, if I have "bad connection" and see only an Eiii instead of H+iiiIII (bars)... I just sent two mails with photo, in a poor connection area and it took me 5 minutes... But the advantage of BB10: I could write a third mail in parallel, knowing that the previous are surely be transferred!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    07-30-13 12:59 PM
    I noticed it too, if I have "bad connection" and see only an Eiii instead of H+iiiIII (bars)... I just sent two mails with photo, in a poor connection area and it took me 5 minutes... But the advantage of BB10: I could write a third mail in parallel, knowing that the previous are surely be transferred!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    Thanks for the info. I'm talking specifically about texts though on the AT&T network here in the U.S. My reception is solid when this happens. Any AT&T users out there?
    07-30-13 01:12 PM
    Yeah. Same here. It happened to me yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:25 PM
    It is carrier dependant and coverage dependant. I have AT&T and am in a well populated area of So CA/US, and even though there are many cellsites in the area that are AT&T, I have perfect coverage out in front of my house but inside, EVEN with an AT&T Microcell hooked up, in some areas of the house, coverage is nearly non-existant it takes a while for texts to go through. Emails will usually go easily as I have wifi as well in the house but it is totally coverage issues that are causing the problem. Try getting a micro cell from AT&T (free) if it is in your house that you are experiencing these issues.
    07-30-13 02:15 PM
    With at&t, too. Just happened a few days ago to me. I was also connected to wi-fi at the time, though. Toggled both wi-fi and mobile networks on/off and it righted itself.

Posted via CB10
    jkpritchard likes this.
    07-30-13 02:35 PM
    I thought that text messages were only on data service via carrier network--other than 3rd party apps like WhatsApp, etc.
    I have my old 9810 still working in our house via wifi but text messages and BBM won't work with out the carrier network service. Emails and any wifi web service will however.
    jkpritchard likes this.
    07-30-13 02:39 PM
    With at&t, too. Just happened a few days ago to me. I was also connected to wi-fi at the time, though. Toggled both wi-fi and mobile networks on/off and it righted itself.

Posted via CB10
    It happens to me too when I'm on Wi-Fi and the fact that it fixes itself when you toggle in between network and Wi-Fi makes me think it's more of a hardware issue and not an AT&T issue.

Are there any Q10 owners on this thread that are using VERIZON Wireless and having this issue as well? If it happens on VERIZON too then it's definitely a bug in the BB10 hardware/software. The plot thickens....
    07-30-13 02:41 PM
    Happens to me every couple of days too.

- AT&T Q10
    jkpritchard likes this.
    07-30-13 03:01 PM
    ATT q10 user with the same issue. My texting problems is more like 1 out 5 the delays like this. Very annoying. ATT has replaced my q10 2x now (so I'm on my 3rd q10). I am returning it today actually as they cannot fix the issue. Blackberry support wanted me to turn off the LTE option on the phone but as another user pointed out ATT locks it so you cannot. Their words are that they would rather take the phone back than enable people to turn off LTE. Bummer because I love the phone. Going to switch to Verizon and see if that is any better.
    08-09-13 04:32 PM
    It happens to me too when I'm on Wi-Fi and the fact that it fixes itself when you toggle in between network and Wi-Fi makes me think it's more of a hardware issue and not an AT&T issue.

Are there any Q10 owners on this thread that are using VERIZON Wireless and having this issue as well? If it happens on VERIZON too then it's definitely a bug in the BB10 hardware/software. The plot thickens....
    I'm on Verizon and while I don't have any problem with messages being slow to send, I do have an issue with group text messages. If I send a group text to my wife and daughter (both using iPhones on Sprint) they get my message but I never see any responses. They both see each other's response. It's just that nothing ever comes back to my Q10.
    08-09-13 04:49 PM
    This happens to me when my cell reception is bad and I think it's eventually timed out if the phone stay signal-less for a long period of time.
    08-09-13 04:54 PM
    For me, it happens at my office. I have delays for email and text and phone service. And I notice it happens a lot after I disconnect from BlackBerry Link. I am on AT&T. I think it had more to do with the carrier since it also happened on my Palm Treo. Outside of my office I have no problem.

Posted via CB10 with my BBQ
    08-09-13 05:23 PM
    yes! i get this issue all the time! once or twice a day this happens to me and it's frustrating.

I usualyl have perfect coverage when thishappens too (full bars LTE). I am on AT&T as well

did anybody ever find out why this happens? my Bold 9900 never did this and that was on AT&T as well. hardware issue?
    12-05-13 10:01 AM
    this type of behavior happened on my iphone, my galaxy, my 9900... it's more to do with coverage and service than hardware.
    12-05-13 10:19 AM
    ^^^this has NEVER happened to me on any of my previous blackberries (bold 9900, torch, bold 9700)

the texts delay in sending for a full several minutes before going out. If 20-30 seconds then fine i get it. but this lasts several minutes. And it happens quite often actually
    12-05-13 10:56 AM
    Anthony. Did you ever switch to a Verizon Q10? Did the delayed texting issue still occur?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:24 AM