Is anyone else having issues with sms? This is getting ridiculous now. There are times when I'll click one persons name and it will open the messages for someone else. And now recently sms application will freeze. I'll type my message but the send button doesn't work and if I try to exit the message and open another one from a different person it will bring me back to the original frozen one. I'll have to fiddle around with the phone for a few minutes before the texts work again. The same thing happens sometimes when I try to attatch a picture. Something as basic as texting should be working flawlessly on a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:45 PM
    Tell me about it. The solution seems to be to delete long conversations regularly but that is ridiculous to me, my old Bold had a trillion texts saved on it and never froze up once.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 02:18 AM
    A friend of mine has this also.
    Which OS are you guys on?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 02:56 AM
    10.2.1 but I've had this issue pretty much all along

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:31 PM
    I know it's inconvenient, but deleting long conversations will stop the freezing.

I have experienced the "not being able to send" feature... I think the solution to that is to also delete the long conversation history. Or just wait it out, which is also inconvenient.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:36 PM
    I just get so mad I reboot. Don't wanna delete my texts. Need them for evidence for when I get murdered.

Q10
    03-20-14 03:54 PM
    I do get this sometime but as I am not a large texter it doesn't bother me that much. Has anybody got any other solution apart from a reboot/deleting messages?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:50 PM
    Sigh. Yes, this is still happening for me. I have only run official OS versions, never leaks. I have had the phone for a year and with each software update I hope to see the end of this infuriating problem and yet...the problem continues. I do like the phone, but because I use texting on a daily basis, this problem is a big waste of time as the only recourse for me is to reboot the phone, which as we all know, is not a quick process.
    03-20-14 07:03 PM
    Happened to me. In addition to that and the battery life lasting me only 2 hours I just sent in for a new one since I had the warranty on it. Now it seems to work a little better. I had my original Q10 for a year and some change. I think the new software update and time just ran the thing to the ground. I'm hearing that if I deleted texts every months and format the phone every month it will help....in which I laughed.
    03-20-14 07:47 PM
    Have this issue as well. Would be nice if someone could bring it to the attention of BlackBerry so they could be aware of it and work on a solution. It seems quite a few people have this problem. All you need to do is Google BB10 sms freeze and a lot of hits come up.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:41 PM
    Make sure before you start typing that your cursor is actively in the text box.

I have encountered this on occasion myself and I believe it stems from people typing before the message box is active and it begins to search the whole conversation for text that matches whatever you typed until you realized it wasn't working.

I could definitely be wrong, but this is my best guess!

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:28 PM
    So frustrating. I am running 10.2.1.2102 and as has been the case since I obtained my Q10 in October 2013 the lengthy converstations freeze and lag. I too hate deleting them but once it is done (and often it takes so long for the deletion to occur) all is good.
    03-28-14 04:31 PM