This didnt blow my mind!
    You tricked me
    10-11-13 02:20 PM
    im on AT&T running leaked OS 10.2.1443 and this happens to me alll the time. It's so frustrating. I think its caused by you going to the top of all your text messages (within that contact) and if you have a long history, it will lock up trying to load it all.

I don't know why this would happen though seeing as all my older model blackberries didnt.

I'm going to load the newest 10.2 leak and see how that one is. My girlfriend has a SLEWW of text issues on her Verizon Z10 running an official OS. Unfortunately she says this is her last blackberry because of all the issues = \
    10-11-13 02:40 PM
    I've seen this once or twice. As noted; it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem.

Pulling the battery seemed to solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:08 PM
    Have this problem on my Z10, reset the hub by swiping from the top right corner 4 times or delete the convo. It happens when the convo starts to get really long. BlackBerry needs to fix it, but soon everyone will have bbm so texting will be a thing of the past

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:14 PM
    I would suggest buying SMS Backup & Restore, backup your SMS's and then delete any chat's that have a huge history. You can look at the SMS backups if you really need to find a past text.
    Bratza likes this.
    10-12-13 04:52 AM
    The leak or official? Was this a problem before your update last week?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know there was an official OS release for Q10. Is there?
    10-12-13 06:43 AM
    I love these posts that start out with, "I love BlackBerry and my Q10 or Z10, but here's the one thing that drives me nuts"!

Posted via Verizon Q10 from Philly...
    People have to say that otherwise they get assaulted as not being Loyal BB followers and are just here to make everyone hate BB.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    10-12-13 06:43 AM
    So what happens with my q10 ( iam a huge blackberry guy and I really want to stay with bb but this is driving me nuts!)
    So when I am texting a contact in the texting screen, If 2 or 3 messages come in a row, all previous messages will dissapear. and it will be a blank screen with the contacts name at top, and only the enter message bar will be there, so at that point you can type, but when you press enter to send, it wont send the message. So then you go back into the hub select a different contact say John for example. It will bring up the other contact who it froze on ( say Sally for example) It will bring Sally up but you still cant send a message. During this time Email works, BBM works and everything else. Just texting acts up. Also when that happens I cant receive any text messages. If you go to your contacts and look for say Adam for example click on him click on text Adam. It will still bring Sally up in that frozen screen. I complained to Rogers, they sent me a refurbished phone. This happend again to the refurbished phone. Then they told me to change the sim. which I did and it happend again. I also backed up the phone many times. I only restored it once and the other times I just started like it was a new phone. I called Rogers again and they are ready to send me another q10. anybody else have this problem?
    This happened to me as well, got a replacement device, still continued.
    That's when i decided to switch to a different OS(not going to name it cus otherwise the pathetic fanboys are going to get after me) and still going strong with an older OS7 device.
    10-12-13 06:58 AM
    yes this happens to me too, which freezes in populating each individual texts. takes time to re-organize them. i feel like this is one of the flaws of using a micro kernel
    10-12-13 11:00 AM
    I love these posts that start out with, "I love BlackBerry and my Q10 or Z10, but here's the one thing that drives me nuts"!
    I love these replies in threads about known and verified issues, where otherwise intelligent people say things like

'That's not happening to me'.
    10-12-13 11:58 AM
    The only problem I have with text is the delay we experience when in a text between the time you push R for reply and the time a compose text screen opens up. Maybe on a related note, the time it takes for contacts to be recognized and the randomness that sometimes not all contacts appear.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    10-12-13 12:05 PM
    on 1047 i noticed that but since 1791 it's been pretty good like that
    10-12-13 01:18 PM
    I've had the OP's problem ever since the MR update rolled out. Here's how to fix it (temporarily)

When the problem occurs:

1) Restart your phone

2) When the hub reloads, press Compose, then press "Text message". Wait for the screen to load up

3) Once it does, just swipe back and click back to the text where the problem happened (in your case, Sally) and it'll be fixed! You can recieve and text that person again! Simple!

Note: if you restart your phone, and when the hub reloads, you press directly on the person who you texted (Sally), it will not work and you will have to restart your phone AGAIN! So you have to compose new text first ALWAYS! So keep that in mind

This won't stop the problem from happening but it will temporarily fix it until the problem happens again

Posted via CB10
    Bratza and abass like this.
    10-12-13 03:13 PM
    I went to software upgrade in settings and it said I have the latest version. How do i go about getting the latest version?
    Amirshomes the best thing I can recommend is installing a leaked OS version. I have 1791 on my phone and it is the best so far. There are minor issues that are visual such as "light" and "dark" themes in contacts, etc. may not stick but I have experienced no "bugs" running this OS PLUS with the radio that comes with it has the best reception ever had.

If you want to do this and need help, its really easy.
    go1ndr and holly joslin like this.
    10-12-13 03:29 PM
    My Z10 started doing that with the 10.1 MR from Rogers, I then switched to the leaked 10.2 release and it still does it from time to time. It just takes about 5 mins to load it all up, which can be frustrating. Hopefully something will come along to fix it eventually.
    10-12-13 03:56 PM
    I love these replies in threads about known and verified issues, where otherwise intelligent people say things like

'That's not happening to me'.
    There is some benefit in knowing which devices/operating systems are impacted. For example my wife's q10 with 10.1 MR has had this issue a couple times, but I have never had a problem with my z10 running the older Verizon 10.1.2051.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:17 PM
    There is some benefit in knowing which devices/operating systems are impacted. For example my wife's q10 with 10.1 MR has had this issue a couple times, but I have never had a problem with my z10 running the older Verizon 10.1.2051.
    Actually, that's a very good point.

Unfortunately, 90% of the posts I mentioned do not include that information. They're made by people who are implying that there is no issue.

When the random reboot thread were going on in the Z10 forum, the number of people around here who would post things like 'there is no issue, you're being paid by Samsung to post crap about the phone' was beyond belief.
    10-12-13 04:35 PM
    So what happens with my q10 ( iam a huge blackberry guy and I really want to stay with bb but this is driving me nuts!)
    So when I am texting a contact in the texting screen, If 2 or 3 messages come in a row, all previous messages will dissapear. and it will be a blank screen with the contacts name at top, and only the enter message bar will be there, so at that point you can type, but when you press enter to send, it wont send the message. So then you go back into the hub select a different contact say John for example. It will bring up the other contact who it froze on ( say Sally for example) It will bring Sally up but you still cant send a message. During this time Email works, BBM works and everything else. Just texting acts up. Also when that happens I cant receive any text messages. If you go to your contacts and look for say Adam for example click on him click on text Adam. It will still bring Sally up in that frozen screen. I complained to Rogers, they sent me a refurbished phone. This happend again to the refurbished phone. Then they told me to change the sim. which I did and it happend again. I also backed up the phone many times. I only restored it once and the other times I just started like it was a new phone. I called Rogers again and they are ready to send me another q10. anybody else have this problem?
    Has your issue been resolved?
    10-12-13 09:19 PM
    This is a problem that obviously still exists in 10.2.0.x. (10.2.0.1767 which will be, as someone stated, the next Maintenance Release) in a slightly different form, but somehow the OS manages to display messages correctly after a while, but with a huge delay of up to a minute - every time you open the conversation!

Say someone sends you two or three text messages in a row. You try to open them, and they all dissapear... for a minute. The "Send" button is not working during the blackout. If you made the draft reply during that time, it will dissapear, so you will be able to write a new reply and to use "Send" button bellow. Once it is sent, the old draft reply will reapear in the message preview in the Hub, but you will be unable to open it (the draft text). Every time you open the conversation with this contact, it will lag - you wouldn't be able to see the previous messages for a minute or so . This will be happening until the system reindex and the messages history database gets fixed (it happens on its own after a while). Then everything will beging to work as supposed.

I guess the error, you were referring to, has something to do with the BB10 "flow" (and text db corruptions). Guess someone has made a mistake with the OS architectural planning.

I hope that someone will report this bug to BlackBerry 10 OS development department, so they could finally fix it.

There are three solutions to your problem:
    1. To wait for the OS update in the next couple of weeks.
    2. To install a leaked OS (I suggest the one mentioned above).
    3. Or to buy "SMS Backup" application, backup your text messages, delete the conversation with this person and go on. I have never tried restoring text messages from the "SMS Backup" backup file, but this is a potential solution for your problem. If you decide to try this one - please do let me know the outcome.

So, no worries - everything is just fine with your phone. The next update will fix most of the problems. Or let's hope so!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bratza; 10-12-13 at 09:57 PM.
    10-12-13 09:28 PM
    Mine did that but i was running a leak? i Updated to the newest leak for kris and i havent seen that issue yet.

Personally i believe it is because of restore from a previous build or an ota glitch
    10-12-13 10:02 PM
    Your problems sounds like a software issue so there's no point in them sending you a new phone.
    Yep agreed. Might be time to do a backup, install a leaked OS, do NOT restore the backup at 1st and use the phone for a while and see what happens.
    10-12-13 11:03 PM
    We have 5 Z10 in the household, running from .273 official to .1767[ leaked] and this text issue has been intermittent. But since we cleaned up our contact list and made sure it is cleaned up . No one has had this problem since. So I dont think it is an OS issue.
    what I found is if my contact list is not "clean" then I have had this issue. My contact list became messy after using bblink .

the text is trying to associate itself with a contact before sending etc... so 1/ you do not have the contact and it searching 2/ you have the contact and it is trying to associate itself with that contact. That is why AmirHomes is still stuck on Sally when trying to text someone else. The action is not finished.[ sally's].

Amishomes is not using a leak. when he says latest , he means carrier latest. he does seem to know leaks.

you need to clean your contact list thoroughly. There are couple of apps to merge your contact list by names and phone number[ very good]. and then you can back up your sms. [ I have 5490 + sms and it took about 5 days for the restore to fall into place ]

to clean your contact list, you need to switch off your sync [ I am assuming you have a contact list on your pc/mac on outlook or mac ]

once you have cleaned up your contact list. hard reset, or take your battery out, take your sim out, leave it 10mn , and reboot , then leave the phone for 1 hour or so for your data base to settle.

your texts should work seamlessly then.

let us know Amirshomes.
    10-12-13 11:07 PM
    I like rechilli88ks ideas but most likely it is corrupted files from a restore of your settings and/or appdata. I'd load 10.2.1791, then wipe the phone, then DO NOT RESTORE but reset your settings and apps from scratch. I don't know what your source is for contacts (google/outlook/outlook.com/yahoo,etc) but regardless they should all sync back easily and correctly. Prior to syncing back, go in to settings and "Clear Local Contacts". This will wipe all contacts that are saved on BBLink's cloud and populated to the phone. I don't have any contacts on sim so I honestly don't know what you can do about that, but the advice regarding cleaning up your contacts is a good bit of advice. Anyway, with a new OS (much better), security wipe cleaning off all data, and a complete new setup, should cure your problems. Once this is done and all your info is back on the phone, and you know it is working correctly, you can then do a backup and restore when needed. With link or Sachesi. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by go1ndr; 10-13-13 at 01:12 AM.
    redchilli88 likes this.
    10-13-13 01:00 AM
    Mine did that but i was running a leak? i Updated to the newest leak for kris and i havent seen that issue yet.

kris?
    go1ndr likes this.
    10-13-13 01:24 AM
    Thread title updated to reflect issue discussed.
    10-13-13 08:49 AM
68 123