Hi there, me again.

So I just nabbed a T-Mobile display model Q10 (with... AT&T markings, apparently, so if it doesn't work on Wind's AWS band I might have... an AT&T Q10 what needs selling), and it's listed as having a few apps that don't work, because it was a display model: notably they mention the text message app.

So I'm wondering if this is a thing with display models? Do they come pre-loaded with a special display version of the OS, or maybe it's a dev release?

I'm taking a risk on this phone and I'm hoping it's not a dud. At $107 with $30 in shipping, though, I can deal with a lemon, I guess. Just won't be too happy about it.
    06-27-14 09:32 PM
    Try settings/display/advanced/ retail demo mode

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    06-27-14 09:34 PM
    Oh dear. Sounds like you got played

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 09:38 PM
    Oh dear. Sounds like you got played

Posted via CB10
    Oh, the phone hasn't arrived yet, so I have no idea how bad it actually is. My first step was going to be flashing a new OS anyways.

I was just curious as to whether or not this was a thing that's come up before, so I know what to expect, or if the text app not opening is a symptom of a known problem.

I'm feeling very positive about this one.
    06-27-14 09:44 PM
    Oh, the phone hasn't arrived yet, so I have no idea how bad it actually is. My first step was going to be flashing a new OS anyways.

I was just curious as to whether or not this was a thing that's come up before, so I know what to expect, or if the text app not opening is a symptom of a known problem.

I'm feeling very positive about this one.
    Security wipe, auto loader, security wipe, have fun

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 03:52 AM
    Balls, it's an SQN100-1, not an SQN100-5.

Unlocked, though, and cosmetically not terrible, so I guess I might be able to sell it once I get rid of the AT&T logo.
    07-03-14 04:27 PM
    So the good news is that re-flashing the OS gives me a fully functional phone, minus the network problem. It's in better shape than I'd expected too. Very nice screen.

If the people I bought it from can't do anything I'll maybe see if I can trade with someone.

"I only hope that by my example, others themselves may be spared doing foolish things..."
    07-03-14 06:54 PM
    So the good news is that re-flashing the OS gives me a fully functional phone, minus the network problem. It's in better shape than I'd expected too. Very nice screen.

If the people I bought it from can't do anything I'll maybe see if I can trade with someone.

"I only hope that by my example, others themselves may be spared doing foolish things..."
    Hope it works out for you!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:26 PM
    Anyways, we've confirmed that it's an SQN100-1 and I'm returning it for a full refund.

Shame, because it was actually in great condition otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:32 PM