07-07-14 08:24 PM
47 12
tools
    Hi All,

Has anyone else experience this issue? I am currently running on the 10.1.0.4181 OS for the Q10.

Whenever I turn on my phone and access my text messages, it just sits there frozen. (See attached)

Text Message App Freezes For A Long Time!-img_00002890.png

I would usually have to wait about 10-15 minutes before it responds. Sometimes I am texting back and forth and it just freezes like this again. This is really annoying especially at times of urgency.

Does anybody know how to force close the text app? Or even stop this from happening?

Emails and BBM work fine in the HUB while Text is frozen.

Thanks,
    Spect
    08-30-13 11:04 AM
    For those who are running into this issue, do the following to get your text messages running again:

1. Remember the name of the contact the text messages app froze on.
    2. Restart phone.
    3. After HUB is done preparing, click on another text message contact asides from the one it froze on.
    4. Click back.
    5. Click on another text message contact.
    6. This should now unfreeze your text messages app.

I had to do this about 3 times now, so it is guaranteed to work. The issue may be because I had too many text messages for that one contact. I have now deleted all those texts to see if it will freeze again.

Regards,
    Spec
    bratprince likes this.
    08-30-13 04:14 PM
    My son had the same problem. There was one contact that he couldn't end the conversation which seemed to be messing up SMS all together after the upgrade. I noticed a weird link in the contact for this person. I unlinked then deleted the entry and put the phone number back in the contact and it made a new local entry. I seemed to be getting somewhere but until I did a hard reset by holding down the up\down volume keys I wasnt able to delete the chat. After the reset I was able to end the chat and now the text messaging is working. Definitely a strange one. Not even sure this is what fixed it or if it will stop working again but it's all I can suggest at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 10:44 AM
    Bump same problem looking for a real fix..anyone?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:52 PM
    Did you restore text messages from a legacy phone via BlackBerry Link? That is the root of many text issues
    09-03-13 11:27 PM
    So I'm back with an update. The issue seems to either be legacy text messages or too many messages from a particular person. Mine always froze one person, so I had deleted the whole conversation and started fresh.

Since then, my text messages has not froze once.

Regards,
    Spect
    09-04-13 01:36 PM
    I had the exact same experience and solution
    09-04-13 02:17 PM
    I had the exact same experience and solution
    I am having the same problem. This is really really annoying as I am now waiting 10 minutes and the phone is still locked up. I feel it is due to legacy messages. Com on RIM...
    09-06-13 02:22 PM
    I feel it is due to legacy messages. Com on RIM...
    I don't think it is legacy messages since it's happening to me when texting someone I've only met recently. I do notice this only tends to happen when I send her a message, it's in the middle of sending, and I receive a text from her at the same time. Text gets stuck on blank message to her...all applications work, even the Hub, which shows the new text message from her. However, I cannot open that new text or any old ones...not even a new blank text...keeps reverting back to a blank text to her.

Spectating....thank you for that quick fix. Rebooting and then clicking on an older text message works great for me. But I'm hoping to find a solution so I don't have to reboot everytime...or even delete old text messages.
    09-16-13 02:50 PM
    I went thru the same thing. I purchased an app to backup all my texts to a notepad file then deleted all texts, thread by thread. A couple of hundred! Since then it's been perfect
    09-16-13 11:17 PM
    I just had this problem on leak 1725 and it's the first time I kept the same conversation going for a few days. So I will assume that this will happen if the text message is a long one carrying a few days of texting. I am just going to delete it but I think BlackBerry should be made aware of this glitch, leak or not

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    09-16-13 11:28 PM
    It's not related to restore of legacy device bc I don't own a legacy device and still get this. I think it's from some threads getting way too long. Cleaning them up seems to help for me. I hope BlackBerry addresses this in a future release.

AT&T SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    09-16-13 11:45 PM
    yeah this happens for me too, quite annoying
    10-07-13 02:10 PM
    Thanks for this. Im also having issues with sending pictures from my picture folder to a contact. Is this also because of how long the conversation thread is with a particular contact?
    10-31-13 04:43 PM
    Is there no alternative solution to this? Cos if there are any, I wouldn't want to delete those messages from that particular contact.
    11-08-13 05:41 AM
    I think the only solution is either delete the history or be patient. It also happens to me when there is too much text with one person.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:29 AM
    bratprince, that same exact thing happens to me - my son will respond while I'm responding to him - text completely freezes and it only happens with his messages - not my hubby or my other son - and I keep all messages from everyone
    11-26-13 01:23 PM
    I think with each update this problem becomes worst.....and every time I figure a quick fix another update screws it up
    01-08-14 10:01 PM
    This happen to me at times as well in my whatsapp.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    01-08-14 10:08 PM
    10.2.1 fixes this issue. I had it since 10.1 but when I updated to 10.2.1, I noticed that the way sms was parsed was in a different manner and overtime, the freezing never occurred again.
    01-09-14 03:55 AM
    Ya Djlatino beat me to it! I've read that 10.2.1 will fix this. What I've done in the meantime to work around this issue is periodically it is necessary to end/delete the conversation to avoid any SMS freezing. Simply touch and hold on the person you're having the conversation with and delete it. This is a known problem.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:05 AM
    Hi All,

Has anyone else experience this issue? I am currently running on the 10.1.0.4181 OS for the Q10.

Whenever I turn on my phone and access my text messages, it just sits there frozen. (See attached)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00002890.png 
Views:	864 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	197091

I would usually have to wait about 10-15 minutes before it responds. Sometimes I am texting back and forth and it just freezes like this again. This is really annoying especially at times of urgency.

Does anybody know how to force close the text app? Or even stop this from happening?

Emails and BBM work fine in the HUB while Text is frozen.

Thanks,
    Spect
    You know what's funny? BB advertise the benefits of upgrading to 10.2 as "Faster SMS" Text Message App Freezes For A Long Time!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1389264194.157476.jpg
    01-09-14 05:43 AM
    Hi All,

To update my BB OS 10.1 to 10.2, how do i take full backup (phone book, sms,bbm, etc....)

Please help.

gauravshrinivas@yahoo.com
    01-30-14 06:09 AM
    Blackberry Link does not take phone book, sms, bbm backup.

please guide, how do i take backup. Will desktop manager 7.1 work ?
    01-30-14 06:12 AM
    I am using a Z30 running official 10.2.1.2102.

This problem was occurring on my Z10 and continues to on my Z30. I thought maybe it was link ed to conversations with too many mms messages. I've deleted conversations, and it seems to be just as much a problem as before.

I love my Z30, but I'm having a hard time understanding how this problem remains after three updates since it first appeared.
    03-18-14 08:50 PM
47 12