I have had this problem also. I don't know what's the problem but it only happens with my wife's msg. I do have her msg saved going back months and I thought that was the problem. If anyone knows of a solution PLEASE let us know.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:52 AM
    This has been a huge problem for me too.

Search my username if you want to view my graphic posts I've made.

Basically it comes down to the text conversations themselves have become corrupt. The ONLY way to fix this is do a COMPLETE security wipe, and do NOT restore the applications-restore (thats where the text convo's are stored).

I've tried many, many things so far except that ******* restore because I've got so much data that I"m afraid to lose.
    05-14-14 03:30 PM
    I've actually noticed that if I'm having a conversation with someone, and I go to open their SMS thread at the EXACT moment they send me a text, this ends up happening.

I have no idea why, it's really frustrating.

Again, if I'm receiving a text message and I open a thread at the same time I'm receiving a message, this happens to me.

Sent from the Cadillac of smartphones: my BlackBerry Q10.
    05-14-14 07:39 PM
    Yes sir that's exactly what happens. And if that person is the annoying type to send seven messages at once, guess what? Your phone is dammed until you reboot it a few times. That's due to a corrupt text conversation. Try deleting that conversation. I dare Ya

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 11:52 AM
    I had an iToy contact that would sms slam me. 5-10, bang bang bang.

I made that person use BBM, and the problem went away.

CDN
    05-15-14 03:23 PM
    Yes using BBM that problem will go away. But I'm not going to require my contacts to download a third party application simply so they can text me. I want my PHONE to work properly.

Funny, the number one person who Sms slams me is ALSO An iToy lover.

Posted via CB10
    cheryl o likes this.
    05-16-14 10:11 AM
    This is most aggravating!!! It happens to me too- and nothing except rebooting will do anything to unfreeze it. I can't reply, I have the black screen, and I can't even open the messages that are posted. I'm close to throwing this phone onto the pavement- I do some pretty serious business with my text and having this happen has consequences. RIM??? Bandaids for this are completely unacceptable. They made their mark as a business phone- I can't imagine this hasn't been addressed by now.
    05-17-14 09:43 AM
    My text message freezes when I try and attach a picture. Have to restart phone.

Posted using my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    05-17-14 09:44 AM
    I have experienced this issue as well. If I am sending texts to someone and they send me a text just as I send them one texting freezes up on me for a few minutes.

Additionally, I have noticed that I cannot forward a text message any longer for the last month or so. If I try to forward a text, texting will freeze up until I do a restart.

SUPER ANNOYING!

Anyone else seen the "can't forward an sms" issue?
    05-26-14 04:41 AM
    Extremely frustrating...
    Have had it since I got my Q10 in MAY 2013. Looks like nothing will really fix the issue permanently.

However, when it freezes, go to hub settings and change the text message color, it will fix it! Then chsnge the color back to the original whenever you want!

This solution will always work

Posted via SQN100-3
    05-26-14 10:23 AM
    Alright this is going to be lengthy, and NONE of this would have been possible without the very up close and personal help from genesis 101.

ALL of my problems that I've ever experienced with this blackberry, since purchasing it 1-month out from its a ATT America debut, have been FIXED.

I had to do a complete backup of the phone. Not that I can use it, since using it would re-corrupt my phone, but its a perfect safety net.

I had to backup all of my contacts to my sim card, which I have never done before. I also synced them w/ Link.

I moved EVERYTHING from the device, to the SD card. This can be done through file manager.
    \
    I backed up all of my media in a media-only backup, just to quadruple ensure no data loss.

I synced all of my calendar entries w/ my email account, and also a large chunk of my contacts w/ my email account.

Before I did a complete security wipe of my phone, I removed the media and sim card just to ensure they wouldn't be wiped out.

The security wipe took a good, I'd say, 3-4 hours. Probably having to deal with the corruption issues my phone experienced.

BBM info is all stored via your BB ID. Not the actual messages, per se, but all of the IMPORTANT stuff was.

Now w/ my phone being wiped and only the contacts/media/calendar stuff being restored (NOT from link.......), my phone has NEVER run this good. The battery life is utterly amazing... I can go ALL day w/ abusing my phone to hell and back and still have a ton of battery life left at midnight (phone on at 7ish am).

The phone is wicked fast; menu changes are instantaneous, multi tasking is way fast, there is zero lag anywhere. Going beteen text convos is lightening fast.

I'd say in the past 3 weeks since rebuilding my phone from scratch, my text hub locked up 3x. Every single time its been from an annoying iphone user that sends message after message after message without taking a breath in between, and I Just happened to open that conversation thread the SECOND I also recieved another message. Changing from white background to black background fixed it in 3 seconds. Tops. Some of my convos before the wipe literally took NINE SECONDS to open... yes 9seconds to just load a text convo before my reload.

All thanks to genesis101 for being the only one to really scratch his head and test his patience for me and hold my hand in fixing this.

IMPORTANT:

I tried numerous utilities and even PAID FOR APPS to delete my corrupted text conversations... some of the best SMS apps out there, and you CANNOT delete corrupted text conversations with them. I promise you. You NEED to wipe the phone to clear that corruption out of the system..

For the record, for over a year of owning this phone I only found out a few months ago that doing battery pulls is BAD juju for these phones. ITs possible my battery pulling that I've carried onwards from my previous blackberries is what contributed to this.
    06-01-14 05:31 PM
    I've actually noticed that if I'm having a conversation with someone, and I go to open their SMS thread at the EXACT moment they send me a text, this ends up happening.

I have no idea why, it's really frustrating.

Again, if I'm receiving a text message and I open a thread at the same time I'm receiving a message, this happens to me.

Sent from the Cadillac of smartphones: my BlackBerry Q10.
    I've had the same issue, drives me mental, as soon as it happens i restart my phone since it takes about 2 minutes - better idea instead of waiting lol. I have noticed with the latest OS update made it better, doesn't happen anywhere near as often. Hopefully with 10.3 it'll go away completely.
    06-05-14 12:52 AM
    I liked my new BB Q10 for a couple weeks, till this text locking started happening. I'm tempted to pitch this thing and re-activate the old Droid.
    06-15-14 09:11 AM
    If this happens swipe up from the top to right corner of your screen towards the center. Do that until the text message app"resets".
    Takes a couple seconds, it's not so bad.
    Might be fixed one day
    06-15-14 11:44 AM
    If this happens swipe up from the top to right corner of your screen towards the center. Do that until the text message app"resets"
    wtf?

CDN
    06-16-14 01:21 AM
    I think he refers to the "hub reset".

Swipe from top right corner, towards center (x5).

Honestly, an easier way to cope is to NOT keep every single text for ever. When the convo shifts, or it is a new day, delete the previous.

CDN
    06-16-14 01:25 AM
    10.2.1 fixes this issue. I had it since 10.1 but when I updated to 10.2.1, I noticed that the way sms was parsed was in a different manner and overtime, the freezing never occurred again.
    Still have it!!!!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    06-16-14 01:27 AM
    Just do a reset and all good.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 01:44 AM
    Just do a reset and all good.

Posted via CB10
    I've done everything.

06-16-14 01:48 AM
    I've done everything.

Turn dark background on, go to txt , then turn it off and go back to txt
    06-20-14 02:02 AM
    Turn dark background on, go to txt , then turn it off and go back to txt
    Weird fix!

06-20-14 03:20 AM
    I need BB to fix this problem once and for all with the next software update. It's really frustrating.
    07-07-14 07:24 PM
47 12