Not wanting to lose screen real estate on my Q10, I'd be happy with a virtual track pad.
    Thinks out it have you actually gained any more screen real estate though. The menu banners eat up any benefit f the larger screen
    05-28-13 06:02 PM
    For those people saying iOS devices and Android devices have same text selection as BB10 or worse, you are wrong.

I have a Q10 and like it but most definitely the ip5 and nexus 4 both have much better text selection and screen sensitivity -- 100%. I used both extensively.

Hopefully BlackBerry makes necessary improvements.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:41 PM
    This is a great hidden (?) feature that makes text selection easier:

• hold the shift key until it locks.
    • press & hold a random word in a paragraph that you want to cut or copy.
    • NOW: when shift is locked, the whole paragraph will get marked instantly. You can now either easily cut or copy it, or you can move the markers to highlight the desired words or lines only (which works a little easier compared to having to start from nothing being highlighted, as the begin/end markers will typically be a little further apart, when more than just one word got marked).

Thanks to centurionPizza who highlighted this in his thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ection-813866/
    J Ro likes this.
    06-02-13 08:58 AM
    This is a great hidden (?) feature that makes text selection easier:

• hold the shift key until it locks.
    • press & hold a random word in a paragraph that you want to cut or copy.
    • NOW: when shift is locked, the whole paragraph will get marked instantly. You can now either easily cut or copy it, or you can move the markers to highlight the desired words or lines only (which works a little easier compared to having to start from nothing being highlighted, as the begin/end markers will typically be a little further apart, when more than just one word got marked).

Thanks to centurionPizza who highlighted this in his thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ection-813866/
    Nothing new here, no need to press shift. The longer you press, the more it selects.
    06-02-13 09:10 AM
    Nothing new here, no need to press shift. The longer you press, the more it selects.
    For me it was new. Apparently for others too, or it would have been mentioned in this thread already. But maybe I just overlooked...
    I think mentioning this, after complaining a lot about how bad text selection is, is just fair.
    J Ro likes this.
    06-02-13 09:36 AM
    For me it was new. Apparently for others too, or it would have been mentioned in this thread already. But maybe I just overlooked...
    I think mentioning this, after complaining a lot about how bad text selection is, is just fair.
    I agree, but no need to press shift. The longer you press, the more text you get, after the paragraph, the rectangle grows downward until you stop pressing. All these gestures work, but it's slower than using a trackpad + shortcuts. BB really needs to implement multi-touch + shortcuts.
    06-02-13 10:01 AM
    I agree, but no need to press shift. The longer you press, the more text you get, after the paragraph, the rectangle grows downward until you stop pressing. All these gestures work, but it's slower than using a trackpad + shortcuts. BB really needs to implement multi-touch + shortcuts.
    Yes, I just checked this out, thank you.
    Agreed, there is still lots of room for improvement.
    06-02-13 10:08 AM
    Yes I just found this out. But it only works in the email application, nowhere else.

Knowing this has made a big difference to my email editing when required, but it remains random and frustrating everywhere else. I hope BlackBerry will standardise the email style editing across all core apps.
    06-02-13 10:55 AM
    Yes I just found this out. But it only works in the email application, nowhere else.

Knowing this has made a big difference to my email editing when required, but it remains random and frustrating everywhere else. I hope BlackBerry will standardise the email style editing across all core apps.
    I just tried it in Remember, and on one of the websites that I visit frequently. It worked there as well.
    06-02-13 12:52 PM
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I didn't find anyone complaining about it:
    Sometimes when I try to select a word for example, I press on the word to wait for selection and the keyboard slides down and nothing is selected.. Is it a bug ?
    11-21-13 07:35 AM
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I didn't find anyone complaining about it:
    Sometimes when I try to select a word for example, I press on the word to wait for selection and the keyboard slides down and nothing is selected.. Is it a bug ?
    I haven't had this issue at all. Could you give a little more detail? Also, what OS version are you using?
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    11-21-13 07:53 AM
    @gnirkatto
    I can understand your frustration at the text selection and edit process. I was certainly there awhile ago, though I loved my Q10 so much I was determined to get beyond the issue. I did 3 things, and now I am completely satisfied: read/watched more BlackBerry tutorials, picked up tips from CrackBerry threads like this, and most importantly, upgraded to os 10.2.0. With a few adjustments to my technique, I now find text selection and edit to be predictable, consistent, and quick. A short tap brings up the circle. All quadrants of the circle can be used for positioning, so those elusive 1st and last characters on the line can selected (much better than the Android solution). A long press brings the edit bar and the fantastic floating menu. As I discovered only today, a longer press then selects several lines and then the whole paragraph. I would encourage you to keep discovering along with me and others on this site.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    11-21-13 10:05 AM
    A short tap brings up the circle. All quadrants of the circle can be used for positioning, so those elusive 1st and last characters on the line can selected
    And yet I have so much trouble with that 1st character (on the far left). The circle vanishes too soon or I just cant position it far enough left. Too bad there is a "home" key?
    11-21-13 10:35 AM
    And yet I have so much trouble with that 1st character (on the far left). The circle vanishes too soon or I just cant position it far enough left. Too bad there is a "home" key?
    Just grab the other edge of the circle. It works quite nicely
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    11-21-13 10:47 AM
    I haven't had this issue at all. Could you give a little more detail? Also, what OS version are you using?
    Hi, I've just updated to 10.2.0.424 and it seems to be decently fixed. At least on Whatsapp.
    11-25-13 07:40 AM
    Hi. I realize this thread is old but maybe I get lucky and some of you see it anyway ;-) I have a classic, with trackpad, and still find editing hard. I'd love to be able to create shortcuts to jump to end of line, next word etc, with text marked to facilitate swift editing. VI editor type commands would ba awesome as well. Can someone advise how to best bring a request like this to the right place?
    Thx in advance :-) Mats
    05-12-15 01:47 PM
    What HighFlight88 said. Works well.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:18 AM
    @highflight88 I didn't realise that any part of the circle can be used to drag it in any direction - thanks!
    05-13-15 02:42 AM
    Thx Trauma Surgeon. I guess I'd need to practice a bit more with the circle... I've been through tutorials in the help and seen some thing on Youtube but I still think it is difficult to guide the circle and/or the cursor accurately. I'd still love to have the functionality of Home/End keys and also be able to quickly extend my selection in either direction while still having control over the speed. (Similar to the continued pressing of a word on the screen or the trackpad to keep extending the selection. This works only in the forward direction and it is start selecting too much faster than I can react....)
    05-13-15 07:38 AM
    Just a little practice required Sir.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 11:26 AM
    Also awesome is holding shift and dragging the circle for hazzle-free text selection. I love how they made all that so easy to use. I'm exploring the device, too. Have it for a couple of days now and. It's a huge relief after years spent on Android. Quickest way to learn the functions is the tutorials that are on the device, in the help.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:23 PM
    I really don't understand why so many people seem to have an issue with this. I can copy and paste no problem. The only difference is you use your finger instead of a trackpad. I think people are just so use to the other way, that they think this way is un-intuitive. Works awesome for me though!

Via my BlackBerry Q10
    05-13-15 07:31 PM
97 ... 234