I'm getting a new Q10 this week (have dropped and shattered mine).

I need to get a decent case and I'm considering the Otterbox Commuter. However, I like have a white Q10 and not sure how much I like the look in a black case (not a dealbreaker, but still a consideration).

Option #2 is this:

TETDED Premium Leather Case for BlackBerry Q10 -- Troyes (LC: Purple) W/Sleep Mode Function - TETDED LIMITED

I've only seen it mentioned here once or twice, and have watched the youtube unboxing of one. They look like nice quality.

Anyone know how much protection the Tetded will provide? If it gets dropped on a corner, will the tightly wrapped leather around a plastic case be decent?

Also, could a flip case in that orientation be a constant frustration?

Thanks, either one is a lot to spend on a case, so trying to get more feedback on the Q10 in particular. I'm also open for other suggestions that are good for a very clumsy person when it comes to cell phones.
    09-07-14 12:10 PM
    I use a pdair, I just got them in on the weekend! I love it.

PDair Custodia in pelle ultra sottile per BlackBerry Q10 - Book Type
    09-07-14 01:03 PM
    Thanks @zocster, does the flap/closure get in the way when typing or scrolling?
    09-07-14 02:40 PM
    Defender an option? I got mine for $5 at att.com, not sure if that's still on.

Posted via CB10
    PritK likes this.
    09-07-14 04:59 PM
    Not sure about the Defender. I assumed it would feel too bulky. Will look more into it at that price, thanks for the heads up!
    09-07-14 06:31 PM
    It is kind of bulky compared to no case or a soft case. Also between the size and the rubber outer skin it sometimes catches when I pull it out of my pocket. But it's super protective.

Posted via CB10
    PritK likes this.
    09-07-14 07:42 PM
    I have a plethora of cases. I have an Incipio dual but the cases get dirty really fast. I have the OEM white slim case from Blackberry. Holds up really well and doesn't add bulk to the phone at all but does cover the top edges so it lays flat on whatever you have it on face down which I don't like. I also have the Otterbox which does has consider bulk and I have the Poetic case Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Case for BlackBerry Q10 Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories
    09-08-14 08:29 AM
    Bought the official hardshell case when I got my new Q10 the other month. Pricey, but I feel it's the most desirable case for me without adding any bulk to the Q10. I also considered the Commuter (definitely not the Defender, too bulky for my taste). But versus the official BlackBerry hardshell, the Commuter still bulks up the phone.

Very happy with the hardshell. I just make sure I don't put the Q10 on any surface facing down, as there is no lip along the edge to protect it facing down.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 09:34 AM
    Thanks @zocster, does the flap/closure get in the way when typing or scrolling?
    a little, but when you open your 'book' you make sure it gets out of the way. I am still looking for that perfect case.
    PritK likes this.
    09-08-14 12:36 PM
    My wife got the commuter for her Q10 and she loves it. Provides decent protection (she's not always gentle with her phone) and the phone doens't feel *too* bulky when the case is on (at least compared to my Seidio Convert Combo on my Z10).
    PritK likes this.
    09-09-14 09:09 AM
    I've got the Otterbox and holster. Lately I've been putting it in my top pocket (naked). I also wear ian inexpensive analog watch, have an ear piece, and my BlackBerry interfaces with the car. So I very rarely have it out, therefore I don't drop it.

I've got friends that insist on keeping their phones in their front pants pocket and use their phone as a time piece. They also complain about cracked screens.

$ 20 to $ 30 Timex, or a cracked screen?

Posted via CB10
    PritK likes this.
    09-09-14 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I decided to go for the Tetded flip case. I'll be back to post a review and pics when I get it. If it doesn't work out, then Otterbox it is.
    09-14-14 11:04 PM
    Looks good, I have a black brand new blackberry flip case that I don't need so I might as well list it for sale unless you want it, let me know. Alot cheaper

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    PritK likes this.
    09-14-14 11:13 PM
    Gosh, well, let me see how this works when it gets here (should be by the end of this week I would think). Thanks, will let you know!
    09-15-14 09:09 PM
    I have the defender and I use it frequently. Its obviously real thick but it is still easy to type with edges

Posted from Q10
    09-16-14 09:45 AM
    In my taste if my phone is white, then mine as well get white case. It matches and blends perfectly and not odd looking. Have you seen this.? I have black Q10 and black flip case. It looks very clean, and elegant.
    Tetded vs. Commuter for Q10-acc-50707-302.jpg
    Tetded vs. Commuter for Q10-1.jpg
    Tetded vs. Commuter for Q10-acc-50707-301.jpg

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-16-14 04:24 PM