Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I came back to BlackBerry January 2015 with the Q10. Loved it, but wished it had an LCD screen; oh yeah...where's the tool belt? I quickly learned to live w/o the tool belt and I adjusted to the screen.

A few months later the Classic came to VZW and I had to have it. It is a great phone but bigger and heavier than the Q. LOVE the screen!

The Q started in with DT and got worse, then the Classic started hinting at it. I needed the Q as a reliable backup so I learned how to change out the KB. Success!

I added a Z10 to the lineup and it will make a great backup phone, but I need some extra practice on the VKB.

They all have their pros and cons and are all great phones in their own right, but now that I have been moving between them over the last 6 week, I am sticking with the Q10. Again, I'm not a fan of the AMOLED screen, but the size of the phone along with the updated 10.3.2 update helped me with the decision.

Who else has had a difficult time deciding between which BlackBerry will be you main device? Which one did you go with?

Posted via CB10
    dararede likes this.
    08-18-15 08:35 PM
    Trust me, I've owned them all, try the passport it's a beast. Best phone on the planet if you ask me.
    Last edited by WITHDRAWL; 08-24-15 at 07:34 PM.
    08-18-15 11:03 PM
    I still have a Q10, 9900, 8330, 7520 all put away as I prefer my Passport 1000% more!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    08-18-15 11:11 PM
    Phone phone on the planet if you ask me.
    Phone phone??? \_(ツ)_/

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:17 PM
    Phone phone??? \_(ツ)_/

Posted via CB10
    Lmao.

\=D/ *PARTY* BOOBIES*PARTY* \=D/

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 08:00 AM
    Trust me, I've owned them all, try the passport it's a beast. Phone phone on the planet if you ask me.
    I envy you now.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-19-15 08:05 AM
    To the OP, I did something similar.. had a q a while back which I killed and had to go back to a spare android phone I had... short while later got myself the original passport, beast of a phone but beast in the pocket too... from there I grabbed a classic, very nice phone but really heavy (I never though I'd care about the weight of a phone but it does make a difference), actually grew to love the toolbelt particularly the call and hang up buttons. Then I found a good deal online for a q which I didn't really need or have a use for, but as soon as it arrived, that was it.. sim back in the q. Love this little phone and the removable battery. This is the first q I've had which doesn't double type either!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:35 AM
    I have been a BB user for a long time, having owned several of them. Under peer pressure from my husband, I switched to the IPhone. I keep going back to my Q and that is where I am staying for now! I love the removable battery and the size of the phone. I have taught myself to side load Android apps to work with my car and fitness band and with the Android OS becoming more prevalent and integrated, it makes it the perfect phone for me. I would consider the Classic but I prefer white and it's not available from Verizon. I am a Q10 user for the long run!!
    08-19-15 09:15 AM
    I have a Q 10 as my driver and wife a Q5 that we both enjoy. Great phones for us. I don't get why the removable battery is a bonus on the 10 as we don't need to swap out our batteries ever.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 09:51 AM
    Tangozulu, I don't swap the battery very often either bc the Q battery lasts me all day plus some. However, it really extends the life of the phone. When the battery starts losing the ability to hold the charge, get a new one (instead of a new phone) and keep going.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-19-15 10:51 AM
    Q10 / Passport owner here.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Passport is THE best phone from Blackberry at the moment. None. Zilch.

Then why do I keep using my Q10? The specs are inferior to the Passport by a long shot.

But... The size isn't! I've always used flagship devices, tried them all... Yet I'm settling with my Q10. The format is just perfect. I don't play games, but use the phone for messaging, mail, calendar and of course as a phone, and the Q10 does this brilliantly. Add in the replaceable battery, and I'm fine for ages.

Now, put the specs of the passport in a device of Q10's size, and I'd bite the second it launched.
    08-19-15 01:52 PM
    Sweeperdk, I read a previous thread you started in regards to the Q10 and it actually made me think on this and helped with my decision. The Classic, Q and Z10 are, for the most, very much the same phone with different form factors. So it came down to these 2 questions: which one is the perfect size and which one is the easiest to use?

The winner is the Q.

When I was testing the 3 phones I kept going back to the Q: Classic to the Q, to the Z to the Q back to the Classic, back to the Q, etc.

I doubt we will see another version of the Q this size, but if BlackBerry decides to, I personally would like to see an LCD screen, tool belt (with or w/o a track pad) and somehow make an easy to remove/replace keyboard, and keep the removable battery. I know...I'm dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-19-15 06:50 PM
    I don't care for the slider. If only there's a Q10 with touch enable keyboard as in the Passport. Heck, it doesn't even have to have a beefed up specs, but I'd buy it. With the BB10, it doesn't matter all that much.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-21-15 at 08:26 AM.
    08-21-15 08:10 AM
    Yes, similar, but I went from Q10 to Passport, then Classic then back to Q10. In between the Passport and Classic I kept swapping to the Q10 as the size of both those weren't quite right. I sold the PP and I'm about to sell the Classic now. Q10 is best for me. I have a Q5, also great phone as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:24 AM
    I m still going strong with my q10 right now. This phone is solid and strong. I cant never put it down. Unlike the z10 I dont need the extra battery, which battery life is damn good with everything I do on the phone. Only thing I'm waiting for on the q10 is the software update for 10.3.2, which my z10 already has and I like it. Eventually I will get me a Classic cause I want to try out that nice track pad as well. But q10 is definitely the main bb phone for me since launch.
    08-21-15 08:39 AM
    I have never been able to get my hands on the passport since att never has a demo unit. I have owned the 9000/9900 and The q10 has been the best so far.
    08-21-15 11:33 AM
    Trust me, AMOLED is better than a LCD screen.

It consumes a lot less energy increasing the battery life.

It is brighter than a LCD screen, thus not having to increase the brightness as high as you would have to on a LCD screen. The AMOLED screen is perfectly usable on a minimum brightness.

It also helps that the blacks are noticeably deeper than LCD screens.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and ayngling like this.
    08-21-15 12:59 PM
    Trust me, AMOLED is better than a LCD screen.

It consumes a lot less energy increasing the battery life.

It is brighter than a LCD screen, thus not having to increase the brightness as high as you would have to on a LCD screen. The AMOLED screen is perfectly usable on a minimum brightness.

It also helps that the blacks are noticeably deeper than LCD screens.

Posted via CB10
    Not all amoled screens are made equal lol. The Q10 screen has got to be one of the worst of all time. But a samsung super amoled screen yeah way better then lcd to me also

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:34 AM
    Not all amoled screens are made equal lol. The Q10 screen has got to be one of the worst of all time. But a samsung super amoled screen yeah way better then lcd to me also
    HAHAHA, the Q10 OLED screen IS a Super AMOLED display...
    skstrials likes this.
    08-22-15 04:35 AM
    Same here, tried all and like the passport over all the others
    Trust me, I've owned them all, try the passport it's a beast. Phone phone on the planet if you ask me.
    08-24-15 07:23 PM
    Q10 / Passport owner here.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Passport is THE best phone from Blackberry at the moment. None. Zilch.

Then why do I keep using my Q10? The specs are inferior to the Passport by a long shot.

But... The size isn't! I've always used flagship devices, tried them all... Yet I'm settling with my Q10. The format is just perfect. I don't play games, but use the phone for messaging, mail, calendar and of course as a phone, and the Q10 does this brilliantly. Add in the replaceable battery, and I'm fine for ages.

Now, put the specs of the passport in a device of Q10's size, and I'd bite the second it launched.
    This. I got the Q10 when it came out, and used it intensively (I need two batteries to get me through a normal day) until the Passport came out. I have always been a sucker for flagship devices, so I got the Passport. It is a great phone, awesome specs and camera, more pixels than an iPhone 6, yet in a smaller (albeit wider) package. But... I never got used to the keyboard, and the form factor + replaceable battery on the Q10 is unbeatable. I haven't booted up my passport in weeks, and if I do it is usually to take a photo.

My dream phone would be a Q10 with better specs and camera. I wouldn't change anything else. Nothing.
    09-05-15 04:57 AM
    HAHAHA, the Q10 OLED screen IS a Super AMOLED display...
    Yeah but let's be honest it lacks the "SUPER" in amoled it's horrible lol

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 10:13 AM
    Yeah but let's be honest it lacks the "SUPER" in amoled it's horrible lol
    But you told us all already :
    a samsung super amoled screen yeah way better then lcd to me also
    And I agree, the Q10 display is beautiful Maybe, you have an issue with yours ? Why didn't you like it ? Explain
    09-05-15 11:15 AM
    The Q10 and Z30 displays are lesser in quality outdoors and the white is a bit green yellowish both amoled shortcomings. The blacks on the amoled are awesome.

The Z10 has an LCD and it's crisper then the amoled screens I've got to agree with that. And better for outdoor use.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:17 PM