You can add South Africa to the list, we were one of the first to get it after the UK way before the US. I got mine on the say it was released the 21st of February

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Thank you for the updates on launch countries before the USA, I was not aware of the full list and thank you.

We are one.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:09 PM
    In the end, this is a fanboi website. I still like to think that the BlackBerry fans are more rational than the iFans and the Droidbots. The same went for the Palm/webOS fans. I think that's because Palm and BlackBerry products are more efficient, and you have to put more thought into loving a device for its efficiency and functionality. In the end, that is what Palm and BlackBerry are about, they scream functionality and efficiency. The entire ecosystem is focused on those two key points, while Android and iOS are focused else where. I must say, Android does have at least a small focus on functionality, but more so on Variety. The focus of iOS is on Ease Of Use, and that's fair enough. People don't need to think much to like using something easily, and I feel that that is why it is easier to become a screaming iFan than a screaming BlackBerry Faithful, as we have had to think and examine our selected product more.

Opinions?
    As someone who has owned and used phones on all three of the major platforms (sorry, I don't count Windows or Symbian) in the last 2 years, I've spent more than my fair share of time on various user boards, all of which count plenty of fanboix as their users.

That said, I would say that IME, CB has a higher proportion of participants who insist on "purity," i.e., thou shalt say nothing negative *at all* about the device or the ecosystem.

You hang around the appleinsider boards, for instance, and while you do have people who believe that the new pope should beatify Steve Jobs, you also have legions of users who are screaming about the problems with their iOS devices, without getting yelled at to go home. Personally, I have had and continue to have major issues with my iPhone 5, and my wife and I have each had to return our 5's due to radio problems. I've railed on Apple on many different boards over these issues, and I am far from alone.

By the same token, I actually see fewer *true* trolls here than I do on iOS and Android forums, so there would actually be the opportunity for *better* quality discussions here than iOS and Android.

Candidly, there's also a peculiar jingoism that you see here on the part of Canadian members, particularly directed at US users, often suggesting that they are "hating" on the BB because it's Canadian or because they are from the US. Honestly, and I live and work in the heart of the Silicon Valley start-up community, nobody in the US, and in particular, in the tech centers like SF and SV, gives a flying %^&* where a product comes from. They only care whether it works well.

Frankly, I am a spoiled, entitled SOB. I can afford two completely different devices (in part because my firm pays for one monthly service and one device - whatever I want - and I pay for another one). If I wind up getting the Q10 (and I probably will at least try it, because Exchange mail on the iPhone sucks), that will represent the third full retail device I've bought in the last year. On one hand that means that I'm not as passionate in my support of my chosen device, because I don't have to choose one. On the other hand, it also means that my tolerance for poor design/execution is incredibly low (e.g., if the Exchange mail experience isn't as good on the Q10 as it was on my 9930), and I'll switch devices just because I'm annoyed with it, if I can find something better. That gives me a certain big picture perspective that I think is sometimes lost here.

This is a very smart, articulate and often very helpful community - I just wish it didn't sometimes seem so exclusionary of people with differing opinions/concerns.

Greg
    paper_monkey likes this.
    05-12-13 10:59 PM
    Damn sounds like the backdoor is easily removed! My biggest worry
    05-12-13 11:33 PM
28 12