AT&T has still not released 10.2, and I'm starting to hear about leaks of 10.2.1. Does anyone know if AT&T is planning to release any more software updates for the Blackberry? I was told the new software (10.2) was being released in October, and here it is, December, with no official release. Has AT&T given up on the Blackberry?
    12-08-13 12:15 PM
    ^^^No more so than any of the other US carriers...we here in the US are usually the last to get updates or new devices for that matter. It's always been like this. We wait...wait...and wait.

Bob

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    12-08-13 01:08 PM
    Exactly. I would love to think we will get 10.21...but the lack of more leaks make me doubtful.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 01:13 PM
    I gave up on AT&T releasing the OS update. Just unlocked my phone and have a Bell sim coming my way through ebay to update to 10.2. It's a shame they don't release updates directly through BlackBerry.
    12-08-13 03:10 PM
    I gave up on AT&T releasing the OS update. Just unlocked my phone and have a Bell sim coming my way through ebay to update to 10.2. It's a shame they don't release updates directly through BlackBerry.
    Why not load the 10.2.1.1055 leak?

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 03:27 PM
    Aren't they obligated to release an update for a phone if its still under there clause... if so there should definitely be some sort of time table...

Kah
    12-08-13 03:34 PM
    Much the same way tmobile is supporting their clients Is AT&T still supporting BlackBerry?-imageuploadedbycb-forums1386541143.502716.jpg

- Yar I be a pirate because according Phil & Co. At Android Central because I am running 10.2.1 and sideload!
    12-08-13 04:19 PM
    ATT has never really supported BlackBerry.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-08-13 04:27 PM
    ^^^And tell me please what US carrier supports BlackBerry any better? Rather than dump on AT&T include all the other US carriers.

Bob

12-08-13 04:30 PM
    Link:
    BlackBerry OS 10.2 rollout starting this week | CrackBerry.com

US: Starting this winter

Well, I dont know why. But it is a shame...

(My opinion: AT&T, Verizon and co. gave up blackberry in 2011)
    12-08-13 04:36 PM
    ^^^And tell me please what US carrier supports BlackBerry any better? Rather than dump on AT&T include all the other US carriers.

Bob

Sorry Bob. I've been a customer of ATT since they took over Cingular. Remember that? So I can only really talk about ATT.

However, I know ATT was the only carrier that crippled bridge. So I think they should be the top offender.

12-08-13 04:40 PM
    Winter starts in a few weeks. I guess we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:47 PM
    My contract is up on my BB 9810 and yesterday I spoke to a couple of AT&T store sales representatives and was told that they have been instructed not to offer customers BB devices. The worry? That BBRY has laid off technical support staff and won't be able to support the devices , since AT&T didn't have "BB exerts" anymore, and that "BBRY could be out of business anytime". I was offered a Nokia 920 as the "Best business phone out there" and the Galaxy S4 running 4.3 as the next best alternative. Hmm, since I have been an AT&T customer for fifteen years and a dedicated BB user since the side scroll wheel days (remember those?) I find AT&T's attitude somewhat disconcerting.
    Last edited by HondaS2K; 12-08-13 at 05:03 PM.
    12-08-13 04:53 PM
    The individual carriers are full of crap.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-08-13 04:56 PM
    Sorry Bob. I've been a customer of ATT since they took over Cingular. Remember that? So I can only really talk about ATT.

However, I know ATT was the only carrier that crippled bridge. So I think they should be the top offender.

Got you beat...I've been with AT&T since 1991 when they took over Cellular One here in Denver...went through the changes from AT&T to Cingular and back to AT&T. In my opinion all the US carriers suck in comparison to other countries. But as I am US based I have to accept, not like it, what they give us. I never considered changing providers, and certainly not Big Red, as I have always needed a GSM device for my international travel. Yes, AT&T does block BB Bridge, but I have always used rroyy's work around on my older OS's and now I back door Bridge on my Z and Q. Where there's a will there's a way...hahaha

Bob
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-08-13 04:57 PM
    My contract is up on my BB 9810 and yesterday I spoke to a couple of AT&T store sales representatives and was told that they have been instructed not to offer customers BB devices. The worry? That BBRY has laid off technical support staff and won't be able to support the device , since AT&T didn't have "BB exerts" anymore and that BBRY could be out of business anytime. I was offered a Nokia 920 as the "Best business phone out there" and the Galaxy S4 running 4.3 as the next best alternative. Hmm, since I have been an AT&T customer for fifteen years and a dedicated BB user since the side scroll wheel days (remember those?) I find AT&T's attitude somewhat disconcerting.
    They were pulling the same garbage 6 months ago. Don't listen to them. Demand a BlackBerry or tell them you'll go elsewhere. That's what I had to do.

12-08-13 05:00 PM
    Demand the world

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 05:02 PM
    ATT has never really supported BlackBerry.

Funny because AT&T were one of the few carriers who had ads plastered all over my city especially the train stations.
    I know my city is just one of many but I've seen them promote BlackBerry more than my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:16 PM
    My contract is up on my BB 9810 and yesterday I spoke to a couple of AT&T store sales representatives and was told that they have been instructed not to offer customers BB devices. The worry? That BBRY has laid off technical support staff and won't be able to support the device , since AT&T didn't have "BB exerts" anymore and that BBRY could be out of business anytime. I was offered a Nokia 920 as the "Best business phone out there" and the Galaxy S4 running 4.3 as the next best alternative. Hmm, since I have been an AT&T customer for fifteen years and a dedicated BB user since the side scroll wheel days (remember those?) I find AT&T's attitude somewhat disconcerting.
    I have been with AT&T for ever, back when it was AT&T then Bell South then Cingular, then AT&T again ( The New AT&T ).

If AT&T does not support BlackBerry� Then I am not going to support AT&T. Right now I am happy with my BB- Z10 bridged to my PlayBook� and used via Bluetooth.

But I sure would like to have a BB-Z30.
    12-08-13 05:20 PM
    Had an issue about a month ago, called AT&T tech support. Person tried to help but did not appear comfortable with BB Q10. Transferred me to BB tech support. They were good. But would have been charged by BB if not referred by AT&T. The whole situation took about 1 hr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12-08-13 06:14 PM
    ^^^Yup...been there done that. It's nice they route you to BlackBerry support if they get stumped which is frequently...hahaha

Bob

12-08-13 06:38 PM
    Vzn does the same thing. I'll take working with BlackBerry over Vzn any time.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:53 PM
    Same with me with AT&T...the customer service rep's are not well versed on BlackBerry...

Bob

12-08-13 07:06 PM
    Why not load the 10.2.1.1055 leak?

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    I don't have a PC to load it. Might get one in the future but just have to work around it by unlocking the phone and getting a Canadian sim.

It would be in BlackBerry best interest to release the updates directly from them instead of the carriers anyway.

I had to run the old OS from AT&T back on my Bold 9000 until I figured out how to load a different carrier's OS release. That made a huge difference on that phone at the time also.
    12-08-13 07:42 PM
    My contract is up on my BB 9810 and yesterday I spoke to a couple of AT&T store sales representatives and was told that they have been instructed not to offer customers BB devices. The worry? That BBRY has laid off technical support staff and won't be able to support the devices , since AT&T didn't have "BB exerts" anymore, and that "BBRY could be out of business anytime". I was offered a Nokia 920 as the "Best business phone out there" and the Galaxy S4 running 4.3 as the next best alternative. Hmm, since I have been an AT&T customer for fifteen years and a dedicated BB user since the side scroll wheel days (remember those?) I find AT&T's attitude somewhat disconcerting.
    I remember the scroll wheel too. I hate this doom and gloom talk from companies/no- Blackberry fans. If people want an iphone or an Andriod instead of a Blackberry, that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is with the Blackberry doomsday predictions. People have been saying Blackberry is dying/dead for about 5 years, and Blackberry is still here. I guess if they keep predicting the end, eventually they may be right. It's still frustrating for us Blackberry fans.
    12-08-13 08:50 PM
38 12