First post here. And I'm looking to all you experts for some advice.

I have an AT&T Q10 that my wife won at a Blackberry promo event nine months or so back, but we're on Verizon (it was all they had), so it's been sitting new in box since then...

Recently, her 9930 has been giving her issues, so I was looking into how/if it was possible to fully activate the AT&T to work on the Verizon network.

1) Is it possible to load a Verizon OS onto the AT&T phone? Is that the ideal with this phone?
    How difficult is the software install/carrier customization?
    Regarding the phone, is it prone to software corruption and/or hardware reliability issues? (Since about the ~2006 models, the 8703s I guess -- the last sidewheels, our blackberries seem to have questionable reliability -- needing the faster processors, we've dealt with it but kept carrier insurance as it's cheaper than paying $50 once or twice a year to replace a crapped out phone...). So if I'm likely going to need to replace the phone in a year, hanging onto the "free" one will cost us more long term, etc.

OR

2) Am I ahead to sell this one and buy a new one directly through Verizon?

Thanks for your thoughts. Very much appreciated!
    01-09-14 01:31 AM
    The AT&T Q10 won't work too well (if at all) on Verizon. First off, Verizon most likely won't activate this phone on their network. Even if they did, it would not work in most places since Verizon is a CDMA network, and their primary LTE band is not present in the AT&T Q10.

You're better off trying to sell it off and getting a Verizon compatible Q10--the SQN100-2 model.
    01-09-14 02:08 AM
    Thanks raino! Bummer, but that's what I suspected -- appreciate the confirmation.
    01-10-14 08:47 PM
    Drop the sim from her Bold into the Q and see what happens! Make sure you configure the network settings to cdma. I've heard that it works, but that you might not get Verizon's 4g.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    01-11-14 08:29 AM
    The AT&T Q10 won't work too well (if at all) on Verizon. First off, Verizon most likely won't activate this phone on their network. Even if they did, it would not work in most places since Verizon is a CDMA network, and their primary LTE band is not present in the AT&T Q10.

You're better off trying to sell it off and getting a Verizon compatible Q10--the SQN100-2 model.
    Agreed, you might get some coverage but unlikely. Best to Ebay it and get a Verizon Model.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 08:49 AM
    Kinda weird... my fiancee won a Verizon-based Q10 (SQN100-2) from the same BlackBerry promo but she already has a Z10. And I sold the Q10 I won (I think it was the SQN100-5 compatible with nearly everything) to our only close contact interested in a new Q10 device, so hers is also just sitting brand new in its box...

I'd love to just do a simple exchange it with you, but we'd really prefer to sell it (paying for a wedding sucks). If there was a third buyer involved willing to put in cash, and we gave you the Verizon phone while you gave the buyer the AT&T phone, then that could possibly work. Either way I'm open to suggestions, feel free to PM me.

(We're in Nashville, TN btw, for shipping purposes.)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 00stryder; 01-16-14 at 01:44 AM.
    raino likes this.
    01-16-14 01:32 AM
    Well, the ebay idea seemed good, but my buyer was from South Korea, despite my sale being US only. Upon researching it's some sort of import/export restriction circumvention thing and at worst, a front/fraud operation. My buyer was kglpass9 and after selling I immediately received an ebay message from another member, saying they were the buyer and could I open the box, unlock the phone from att, & a couple other ridiculous items. Regardless, use caution when selling items of value on ebay.

I did my research once things looked fishy and glad I did, else I'd be out $350 or so once item loss, fees, etc, all included. Which sucks.
    Here's one thread on my buyer: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...am/td-p/549648
    What a headache!

But like I said, I'm canceling the transaction. So if any non-fraudster wants to buy this phone it's new in box for $300 with one of the tabs sealing tabs unaffixed and reaffixed (my wife started to open when she won before I stopped her) -- the other tab has not been touched and both need unaffixed/cut to open the box.
    02-06-14 04:39 PM
    00 stryder, sending PM. I'm open to an exhange actually, but too would prefer to sell. We did the wedding thing last year, and I understand the financial pain. We're in Austin Texas, and I just posted to Craigslist w/ pics: New in Box AT&T Blackberry Q10

Let me know if interested. I PMed a couple WTBs folks in the marketplace as I don't have enough posts to reply to threads, but there were plenty of WTB Verizon Q10s there too.

We actually won ours while in DC for work, and all they seemed to have was AT&T. Not sure if they picked phones randomly or by marketplace or what?
    02-06-14 04:46 PM
    Phone sold locally!
    02-06-14 06:31 PM