I would like to start syncing my mp3s fr my PC to my BlackBerry but I was wondering where the files would be synced to. I can't seem to find an option but I would like them to go to my SD card. Would like to find out more before I start the syncing process. It would be horrifying it all the files went to my device's storage space.

Could someone enlighten me?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:10 PM
    If you have an SD card in, it will sync there. At least that's what I remember, been a while since I used Link.
    12-07-13 10:14 PM
    I just tried it last night and you are right. It did sync my mp3s to my media card but about an hour into the sync, BlackBerry link encountered and error and closed. Zzz.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:55 PM
    I am having the same problems all over again. I just think this phone is not for music.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 02:41 AM
    You two will have to feed us more info if you want any suggestions...
    12-17-13 12:37 PM
    Sorry. You are right. I have a BlackBerry q10 using a mac. I have the latest software for both. I have an sd card with64gb. I tried to do this 3 ways: copy directly to the sd card with the card in my laptop, drag and drop and finally with th sYnc option.
    All are futile. I have just realised that the BlackBerry is nto for music

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-17-13 01:02 PM
    Just to let you know that what you have been trying to do works fine for me although I have a 32gb SD card. I use my Q10 regularly for music and it works really well.

Kr.
    12-17-13 01:15 PM
    Sorry. You are right. I have a BlackBerry q10 using a mac. I have the latest software for both. I have an sd card with64gb. I tried to do this 3 ways: copy directly to the sd card with the card in my laptop, drag and drop and finally with th sYnc option.
    All are futile. I have just realised that the BlackBerry is nto for music

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on conclusions, shall we? I have a 64GB Class 10 on my Z10 and 30G of music in it.

Posted via CB10
    I'd do it this way in your situation:

• Put the SD in the Q10;
    • Settings > Storage > Format SD;
    • Open BlackBerry Link;
    • Set it to iTunes (you said you're on a Mac);
    • Have Link sync your songs.

OR
    • Put the SD in the Q10;
    • Turn Mass Storage Mode ON;
    • Open your file browser on the Mac
    • Copy/paste your songs into the music folder;

Keep in mind though that some music from iTues prior to 2009 were DRM protected and will never play anywhere but iOS devices.

kristofszucs likes this.
    12-17-13 02:42 PM
    I'd do it this way in your situation:

• Put the SD in the Q10;
    • Open BlackBerry Link;
    • Set it to iTunes (you said you're on a Mac);
    • Have Link sync your songs.

OR
    • Put the SD in the Q10;
    • Turn Mass Storage Mode ON;
    • Open your file browser on the Mac
    • Copy/paste your songs into the music folder;

Keep in mind though that some music from iTues prior to 2009 were DRM protected and will never play anywhere but iOS devices.
    Thank you very much.
    I have tried all two, and my music is not drm. I have this fight for more than two weeks now. There are songs which gets transferred sometimes but not the next day. I kinda gave up.
    I got this phone as a business phone, my personal is an iPhone I do appreciate a lot of good things in BlackBerry but this transferissue and also the low amount of apps (viber to begin with) makes it less appealing.
    Pls do not misundertand me I am not blaming BlackBerry or the device. It seems to me that either I am to lame or this bbq10 is not for fun.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 03:07 PM
    Thank you very much.
    I have tried all two, and my music is not drm. I have this fight for more than two weeks now. There are songs which gets transferred sometimes but not the next day. I kinda gave up.
    I got this phone as a business phone, my personal is an iPhone I do appreciate a lot of good things in BlackBerry but this transferissue and also the low amount of apps (viber to begin with) makes it less appealing.
    Pls do not misundertand me I am not blaming BlackBerry or the device. It seems to me that either I am to lame or this bbq10 is not for fun.

Posted via CB10
    That's quite weird. Syncing is incremental so once a song has been transfered to your device, Link won't re-transfer it again or remove it.
    12-17-13 04:17 PM
    Something is wrong here and either he is trolling or we are all missing a very important detail that is preventing us from finding the issue.

Tabula rasa maybe? You could try a device wipe followed by a SD format (done by the Q10 and nothing else). Also consider uninstalling BlackBerry Link, rebooting yout Mac, download link from the site again and going from there.

No, the Q10 is the less fun of the 4 models. But it can do music. So please, go gentle with the comments.
    12-17-13 11:15 PM
    Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    Daegonei option #1.

On OSX in Link you have go select the desktop at bottom left NOT the BlackBerry.! Very important case if you're trying to sync playlists and if they already exist on your Bb10 device it'll overwrite in iTunes.

For example in Link,
    Select the desktop (again NOT the BlackBerry tab),
    Select your playlists to sync by right clicking or option clicking,
    Then select sync or something link that. Sorry my MBP is in the shop for a few weeks so going by memory.
    This will trigger sync by default.

Manually moving music then Mass Storage mode may need to be enabled on BlackBerry.

PS: since playlists are synced to Bb10 then any edits will sync back to OSX upon reconnection after backup. You can manually initiate a sync too in BBLINK.

Lastly Music goes into Music folder on device or on SD card if you have one inserted in your BlackBerry. Hope this helps.

Post some screen shots of link and also of your main Finder Window in sidebar so I or others can help you further. Finder you'll have to traverse FIRST into the storage you prefer your music is on to ensure its accessible. (2 listing will be the SDD card one will be the device th leather clearly specified).

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-18-13 02:18 AM
    Dear All,

first of all thank you for your help. I would like to reassure you, that I am not trolling, and I have been trying to put music onto this device ever since I got it it my hands. Also I am not trying to make bad comments about BB.
    I am usually good with computers ad phones, this is why its strange that I can not deal with this problem alone, and I really appreciate your help.

to Bleeh: The reason for this is that I have tried this process so many times. First I though the problem is with the songs, but - like I said, sometimes (i mean during the different tries) the same song would sync, but the next time (after the sd card format and clearing the music from BB) it won't.

to diegonei: I am not trolling, but having a problem. I have tried uninstall reboot, even swiped the BB two times.

supa_fly1: I will delet all apps and do all over again and let you know.

Again - please do not take it the wrong way, I am happy with the phone and also acknowledge some of the the things I have missed (because of the iPhone) and try to make it better. Hopefully the q10 will evolve and more and more apps will come to this platform...

thank you and will update the forum
    diegonei and blee4 like this.
    12-18-13 03:41 AM
    So the 4th (and last) try. I have uninstalled and intalled BB link on my computer, erased and formatted sd card with the phone, removed music (at least the directories) from the device music folder, and started the sync with the playlist on my mac. it is slow the process indicator barely moves, but I hope for the best
    12-18-13 04:03 AM
    no luck I have like 4000 songs and 100 were synched over. I give up
    12-18-13 06:08 AM
    You tried turn mass storage on and just drag and dropping into the music folder on your Q10? BBLINK is a POS and freezes all the when I try and do anything with it on my mac

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:27 AM
    Yes did that too. All music goes over but then the device does not see them all. Catch 22

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:15 PM
    Syncing mp3s via BlackBerry link-aida.jpgGRRRRRRR.
    my last try was that I have used the mas storage mode, and one by one copied each file (i mean the mp3) to the folders on the sd card (which was made by the sync).
    All files went over, but some are not visible on the phone music player, and cannot figure out why:

example: Aida, there is 19 songs both on my computer and both on my sd card (I have checked it with the FILE MANAGER) the first 12 will not play but the last ones will.

so this is my problem in a nutshell. all copied folders have some problems....
    12-18-13 04:45 PM
    Yes did that too. All music goes over but then the device does not see them all. Catch 22

Posted via CB10
    Well with that info available I am really starting to think it is a DRM or a file format issue. Sure isn't sync as the files did move over.

Not sure how to help you though. :/
    12-18-13 05:48 PM
    I still don't think it's a DRM issue, he'd know.

Kristo,

2 things, one a try and one a verify:

1. Find a track any track on youtube.com
    - select to okay the track in the BlackBerry browser, copy the link of the specific website address for that one track.
    - open a new tab, again on the BlackBerry,
    - goto this site www.youtube-mp3.org/
    - paste the YouTube link within and hit enter, the site will update with ability to download the track directly to you BlackBerry's internal storage (not the MicroSD card).
    - when the download completes it'll show you in the browsers' download list.
    - close the browser, use File Manager to navigate to Device/Downloads, and select the MP3 track just downloaded to play.
    >> please confirm this will play as a test!

2. After the above test please use File Manager to confirm WHERE on the MicroSD you've recently manually copied tracks too. Take a screen shot, and post!
    Also select one of these tracks and use the Properties from the right side menu to show the properties, Screenshot and post.

If the internal tracks on MicroSD are NOT DRM'd they really should play.

Curious what is the file format of your Mac?! Is it Journaled or Case Sensitive Journaled (I pray to God it's NOT the later)!!

PS: Mods and everyone following along I do NOT condone plagiarizing music, I respect the work that artists work hard to Create music! This is just for testing purposes to try to isolate the issue an shop fully bring sense of mind. If my post needs to be deleted, I ask that it can be done after 24hrs so the OP has time to see this and test, please and thank you kindly!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-18-13 11:48 PM
    I still don't think it's a DRM issue, he'd know.

Kristo,

2 things, one a try and one a verify:

1. Find a track any track on youtube.com
    - select to okay the track in the BlackBerry browser, copy the link of the specific website address for that one track.
    - open a new tab, again on the BlackBerry,
    - goto this site YouTube to mp3 Converter
    - paste the YouTube link within and hit enter, the site will update with ability to download the track directly to you BlackBerry's internal storage (not the MicroSD card).
    - when the download completes it'll show you in the browsers' download list.
    - close the browser, use File Manager to navigate to Device/Downloads, and select the MP3 track just downloaded to play.
    >> please confirm this will play as a test!

2. After the above test please use File Manager to confirm WHERE on the MicroSD you've recently manually copied tracks too. Take a screen shot, and post!
    Also select one of these tracks and use the Properties from the right side menu to show the properties, Screenshot and post.

If the internal tracks on MicroSD are NOT DRM'd they really should play.

Curious what is the file format of your Mac?! Is it Journaled or Case Sensitive Journaled (I pray to God it's NOT the later)!!

PS: Mods and everyone following along I do NOT condone plagiarizing music, I respect the work that artists work hard to Create music! This is just for testing purposes to try to isolate the issue an shop fully bring sense of mind. If my post needs to be deleted, I ask that it can be done after 24hrs so the OP has time to see this and test, please and thank you kindly!

Posted via CB10
    So, I have done both.

task nr 1 total success, I have seen, downloaded and played the mp3 on the device (btw cool site)

task nr 2. here are the screenshots
    Syncing mp3s via BlackBerry link-img_00000012.pngSyncing mp3s via BlackBerry link-img_00000008.pngSyncing mp3s via BlackBerry link-img_00000013.pngSyncing mp3s via BlackBerry link-img_00000014.png
    12-20-13 02:51 AM
    Aha!!

I THINK (being the key word here) figured this out.

Although BB10, and also OSX's Info Window sees the MP3s as such, it's actually NOT!

I have a sinking feeling that although file extension in BB10 says it's in".mp3" but in fact it's really not but in amr/wav/mp4/mpeg4/ yet with the file extension not matching accurately causing issues.

I don't know of a proper osx app to do this but if you know if a free one that does, and can properly appropriate the file extension with the container to.mstch equally.

Then again I could be completely wrong

Any other Mac users with more experience in this matter??

Maybe try setting a few tracks to AAC and see if those, renamed for easier identification, can be synced and actually played.

FYI to new comers to the thread this is an OSX to BB10 user affected.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:19 AM
    What I will try is to convert all songs to mp3 and try to resync. The strange thing that all these are fronm the same album which were put into my directory in the same time. One half is ok the other is not.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:40 AM
    Something is wrong here and either he is trolling or we are all missing a very important detail that is preventing us from finding the issue.
    Mac OS X 10.8.3 ejected all my media cards, that would include the SD card from my phone. It's an issue Apple never acknowledged but pretty much existed.

If you use 10.8.3 or 10.8.4 try and upgrade for free to 10.9 if you're offered that in the App Store. It should work again with the new version.
    04-10-14 07:36 AM

Again - please do not take it the wrong way, I am happy with the phone and also acknowledge some of the the things I have missed (because of the iPhone) and try to make it better. Hopefully the q10 will evolve and more and more apps will come to this platform...

thank you and will update the forum
    You have every right to be frustrated, I'm on my day 3 of my switch from iPhone 5s to Q10 and I gotta say I would not recommend this to anyone who isn't tech savy . I'm currently looking for a half decent podcast app because the default music player does not play podcasts which is *SHOCKING* my 4th generation iPod (not iPod Touch, iPod) with a spinning ide hard drive play and syncs podcasts JUST fine since it was released, and still works with iTunes.

Yet my new Q10 does not support podcasts and a host of other features that modern smart phone support for example syncing changes with imap servers (read, delete, draft, sent emails copies) is done through a sync interval instead of instant like iOS and Android... they used to call BB the king of email Ha that's laughable.

Oh and the there thing Print To Go which is a very smart idea is NOT supported on OS X.

Right now, for me the saving grace is the incredible battery life but one could argue because of the lack of apps that you tend to use your Q10 less than say an iPhone.
    04-13-14 05:39 PM
30 12