You have every right to be frustrated, I'm on my day 3 of my switch from iPhone 5s to Q10 and I gotta say I would not recommend this to anyone who isn't tech savy . I'm currently looking for a half decent podcast app because the default music player does not play podcasts which is *SHOCKING* my 4th generation iPod (not iPod Touch, iPod) with a spinning ide hard drive play and syncs podcasts JUST fine since it was released, and still works with iTunes.

The surprise here would be Apple products NOT working ith iTunes. Sorry, your argument is moot.

Yet my new Q10 does not support podcasts and a host of other features that modern smart phone support for example syncing changes with imap servers (read, delete, draft, sent emails copies) is done through a sync interval instead of instant like iOS and Android... they used to call BB the king of email Ha that's laughable.

Go back to iOS then? Saves you more time and stress then complaining online, no?

Oh and the there thing Print To Go which is a very smart idea is NOT supported on OS X.

Now, you got a valid argument. Mac and Linux should be supported.

Right now, for me the saving grace is the incredible battery life but one could argue because of the lack of apps that you tend to use your Q10 less than say an iPhone.

Update to 10.2.1 and either sideload Snap or install Amazon AppStore directly from the browser. That's at least 70% of the apps right there.
    Podcasts and bPod are decent. I actually use Podcasts (bue icon one, $0.99).

Nobex has a podcasts feature as well.
    04-15-14 10:07 PM
    You have every right to be frustrated, I'm on my day 3 of my switch from iPhone 5s to Q10 and I gotta say I would not recommend this to anyone who isn't tech savy . I'm currently looking for a half decent podcast app because the default music player does not play podcasts which is *SHOCKING* my 4th generation iPod (not iPod Touch, iPod) with a spinning ide hard drive play and syncs podcasts JUST fine since it was released, and still works with iTunes.

The surprise here would be Apple products NOT working ith iTunes. Sorry, your argument is moot.
    My point wasn't that it didn't work with iTunes it's the fact that podcasts have been around FOREVER and that Blackberry has no out of the box player infact even the stock music player is a joke. Actually they did have their own Podcast player for the Playbook but it's not longer being supported.

Go back to iOS then? Saves you more time and stress then complaining online, no?
    Damn with people like you as "Ambassador" for Blackberry I might just do that. Listen the fact that I'm running into so many speed bumps with Blackberry and really the only reason I picked one up is just to try something new. Stuff like this is WHY this company is in trouble. The average NON techie consumer would never put up with this device if they've had an Android, iOS or even Windows Phone.

The over arching point is Blackberry does not have the basics covered, and you as users should really be complaining. That or they should have sold the company to Lenovo when they were interested in buying, at least Lenovo has the cash to burn and keep BB alive.

It's like buying a brand new car and finding out that, it doesn't come with ABS or power steering or even electronic fuel injection. When it's comes standard with all new cars from everyone else.
    Last edited by blee4; 04-16-14 at 07:30 AM.
    04-16-14 07:16 AM
    What would you rather me do? Lie to you and say "BB10 is the perfect solution and will bring world peace in 4 years"?

If it's not working for you, move on!

You want podcasts, I gave you options. Android doesn't come with a standalone podcasts player either. So you can complain, get an app or move on. Simple...

Complaining gets you no results though.
    04-16-14 02:47 PM
    As far as podcasts most phones no longer have native support because data plans are ubiquitous now and podcasts were created to save data. So you would download at home and go. Anyone remember Avantgo?

BlackBerry OS supported podcasts but again that was a lifetime ago in technology. I was a bit disappointed as well when I switched to BB10 because I am a user of them and use it to save data and time.

Nobex is fairly good for podcasts and radio stations as well. Another favorite is Tunein. It is great for free international stations and has an eclectic mix of podcasts. I have found some of these non functional but the majority of them work well.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-16-14 04:22 PM
    What would you rather me do? Lie to you and say "BB10 is the perfect solution and will bring world peace in 4 years"?

If it's not working for you, move on!

You want podcasts, I gave you options. Android doesn't come with a standalone podcasts player either. So you can complain, get an app or move on. Simple...

Complaining gets you no results though.
    Actually complaining and negative press does do alot, it's the reason the original iPhone program manager Scott Forstall was fired over the original release of Apple Maps, as well as Mark Papermaster over the iPhone 4 antenna issue "you're holding it wrong".

Posted via my Q10
    04-16-14 06:10 PM
30 12