When I try to synch my Q10 with Outlook, I get a message indicating that the synch was unsuccessful. The detail explains, "an error occurred during an attempt to access a device data base record." I have tried everything I can think of to alleviate this situation including re-installing BB Link and updating software on Q 10. I know I am not alone with this issue but can't find a solution. Help.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-05-13 01:03 PM
    Do you mean Outlook "the desktop client" - or Outlook "the new name for Hotmail"?

I am using a mac and there is no option to sync the Outlook "the desktop client" with the Q10 in the Mac's version of BB Link that I can find - I can only sync with Apple's address book from the Mac.

Does an Outlook desktop client sync option exist on the PC's version of BB Link?

However, Outlook "the new name for hotmail" syncs perfectly - and is FAR easier to set up than Googlemail.

Harry
    07-05-13 01:09 PM
    I mean "outlook the desktop client." The synching option exists in Blackberry Link on my PC. It just doesn't work.
    07-05-13 02:03 PM
    BB10 Sync doesn't sync with Outlook. The first thing I had to do was to delete the old BlackBerry Desktop software (which did sync with Outlook) and download the new sync software.

I then learned that I had to go round-a-bout to get all of my contacts. I tried to export my outlook contacts and import them to yahoo online (file was too big). I succeeded in exporting outlook contacts and importing them to gmail. then I "linked" my gmail and yahoo contacts. Now, outlook, gmail, and yahoo are all one happy family on the Q10

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 07:21 PM
    I mean "outlook the desktop client." The synching option exists in Blackberry Link on my PC. It just doesn't work.
    Are you using the 1.1.1.32 version of link and the newest "10.1" version of the OS? The reason I ask is that I use Outlook 2007 and once I upgraded the Link version and the 10.1 OS, it synced perfectly. It did make duplicate contacts but once I learned how to "link" them together, that issue was fixed.
    07-07-13 11:15 AM
    Do you mean Outlook "the desktop client" - or Outlook "the new name for Hotmail"?

I am using a mac and there is no option to sync the Outlook "the desktop client" with the Q10 in the Mac's version of BB Link that I can find - I can only sync with Apple's address book from the Mac.

Does an Outlook desktop client sync option exist on the PC's version of BB Link?

However, Outlook "the new name for hotmail" syncs perfectly - and is FAR easier to set up than Googlemail.

Harry
    Yes companion link and it's designed for all platforms incl. BlackBerry os10.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:56 AM
    When I try to synch my Q10 with Outlook, I get a message indicating that the synch was unsuccessful. The detail explains, "an error occurred during an attempt to access a device data base record." I have tried everything I can think of to alleviate this situation including re-installing BB Link and updating software on Q 10. I know I am not alone with this issue but can't find a solution. Help.
    Yikers! Fingers crossed! I plugged my q10 onto my laptop while I was work behind my work VPN and I got the usb connect sound and it was fine!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:45 AM
    The newest BlackBerry Link software now syncs with Outlook contacts just fine.

With your BlackBerry plugged in and link running, click your BlackBerry tab, then settings, then configure. It takes a few minutes to sync after configuring, but all is good

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 04:54 PM
    I have used Companionlink Pro since Palm Pilot or Tungsten E. Staying with 9900 until I'm comfortable it will work with BB10. I sync with Act! (Win7) to BB9900. Works well, especially with bridge to PB. How well does Companionlink work with OS10 contacts, etc. Do you have to use DeJa office?
    08-06-13 05:21 PM