Does anybody know how to sync contacts from Q10 to gmail? My address book is a mess with like hundreds of duplicates. I want to sync them all to gmail acc to rearrange everything there and then sync back to Q10. Or is there other way I can do this without having to sync to gmail? I just assume this is the least painful way.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:16 AM
    When you set account on setting, you can use gmail account. Once you are in. There will be option what you want to sync. You can choose, contact, email, calendar, etc.

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    04-10-15 12:23 AM
    I did that but apparently it only syncs contacts from gmail to Q10, not the other way around. I actually want the other way.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:21 AM
    It supposes work both ways. Mine works I think. Maybe it has something to do with your gmail setting?

Posted from CB10 with BlackBerry Z3
    04-10-15 06:16 AM
    This should work both ways (it does with my Q10) although it can take a while to stabilise if you have hundreds/thousands of contacts. Check all your gmail settings in case there are various options for contact sync settings. It will be easier to sort your contacts in gmail, remove duplicates etc. And then get them back into your Q10.
    There are some alternative paid for servers that will also work,, but if you want 'free' stick with google. I think that there might be a CrackBerry help page somewhere about using gmail with BB10 smartphones.
    Good luck!

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-15 07:47 AM
    Yes, GMail sync works both ways but may take a while depending on your sync interval.

If you want to do if manually, you could export all of your contacts to csv or vcf using an app and import that file to Gmail on your PC, then delete all of your local contacts in one go on accounts > more > delete local contacts, export your newly edited contacts from GMail and import the file back to the phone.
    04-10-15 07:55 AM