Hi Everyone,

I come from a long line of BBs. LOVE everything about them. Well, most everything. I have a question regarding the Q10. I just got a CLASSIC last week and REALLY like it. Except for one really anything thing. The keyboard bleed. It's NOT that bad, but it's there and now that I have noticed it - It's like having an eyelash in your eye. Can't stop thinking about it and seeing it at night. [B]I was wondering what your opinions are about the build quality on the Q10?? Especially the keyboard and blacklight bleed. I know that supposedly the double type shouldn't happen with the newest batch of Q10s.

The trackpad is nice, but coming from a Z10 I am VERY used to life without it. And the call and end button, not that big a deal. The one thing I would miss would be the blackberry key. I didn't realize how handy it can be.

What do you think? Am I crazy???
    01-27-15 05:56 PM
    Just a little. I've tried hard to see if I can duplicate this bleed issue but can't so I don't understand it.

Call and end buttons are great. I've had the Z10 so I was used to swiping to answer the call and hitting the buttons feel more natural.

Wife has a Q10 and as great as it is...Nothing beats the Classic.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-27-15 06:09 PM
    Not having tried a real Passport, is the keyboard actually better than the fisher price feel on an instore dummy phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:53 PM
    I don't have a passport. I have a classic and the keyboard is WONDERFUL. Better than I thought it would be. To me, it's the most perfect physical keyboard that blackberry has put out. I have NOT however hear such praise about the passport. But that"s only what I have heard. I have spent mere minutes with a passport keyboard. Good luck with whatever phone you choose!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:41 PM
    I'm on my third Q10 and all have had significant 'double typing' issues with multiple keys. This had been an issue on BB keyboard devices for years, so I'd be skeptical of claims that the issue's been fixed with the latest batch of hardware without any empirical evidence. I'm a long-time BlackBerry user but I'm ready to leave due to my frustration with this poor product.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:47 PM
    I've briefly tried the Classic. Definitely a great keyboard, closely followed by the Bold. The Q10's is nice, just a bit too "clicky" for my taste.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 09:55 PM
    I was the fastest at typing with my Q10 immediately after I got it. There was no light-bleeding from the keyboard and I never had much of a problem with the double typing issue. (I had a Q10 for almost two years.)
    Currently, I use a Passport. I've gotten much faster typing on this and there is also no light-bleed from the keyboard.
    The Q10 had the best build quality of all the BlackBerry models I have used.
    01-27-15 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the honest answer! Really appreciate it. Might just pick one up on AMAZON while I still have my classic and see which one I like best and then return one of them. Who knows, maybe I'll love the Q10 and save some $$ by returning the CLASSIC. Stand by...
    01-27-15 10:34 PM
    My used q10 quality is amazing. Keyboard has to light bleed whatsoever and I came from the 8320,9700 and 9900. I love the feel of the back cover and rubberized metal sides. Now I wish Android phones would get a clue on this type of design.
    01-28-15 12:18 AM
    I bought my Q10 SQN100-5 used and never experienced the double typing issue, even after nearly a year. I'm sure it does depend on the model.

And even with heavy use I've never had keyboard "bleeding"... keys seem pretty light-tight However, i'd only recommend getting an older phone for the purpose of having switchable batteries. Otherwise, you really may as well stick with the classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:42 AM
    I do not really understand the outrage of this light-bleed thingy, at least on my Classic it doesn't bother me at all.

Regarding the topic:
    The Q10 has a nice build quality, it is much more leightweight and compact compared to your Classic. The back is IMO nicer thanks to the glass-weave. There were reports about slightly loose batteries, where you need to fixate it yourself with paper or craft foam.
    The display is not nearly as bright as the Classic's LCD display, which can be troublesome on sunny days. Vice versa when you use the Q10 in the dark, the screen dims not as much as the Classic's, which at least for me causes more eyestrain.

Double-typing hasn't been fixed per se, BlackBerry improved their keyboard design, however they didn't change it as much as. one could call it a complete fix of the problem. The new design is less prone to fail, keep in mind some users still haven't encountered double-typing on their Q10, even though they were early adopters.

Last but not least it wouldn't be a bad choice. Performance wise there is no difference, however I wouldn't switch back to the Q10 as my daily driver. I used it last week for more than half a day and missed the keyboard as well as the larger screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:54 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:41 PM
    I'm debating selling my iphone 6 now that I'm back on the q10 saddle. Classic is a skip. Q10 not only looks better, it feels better.

But I am bilingual with friends and family who are also bi or tri lingual... and this is where a virtual keyboard excels. Tough call.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:22 PM
    I have both. They both have this 'light bleed'. They both have the same 'grid of light' around their keys. I actually like it because it's like each key has its own glowing frame, looks cool in the dark. Some people have suggested some chipping of the color off the space bar, but what that actually is - is they keys aren't colored all the way to the bottom, so when looked at them from certain angles, it looks like it's been 'chipped', but there was actually no color there to begin with. If I move my Q10 space bar a little, I see it on there as well. It is more noticeable on my Classic, but totally doesn't bug me at all.

I have never owned a BlackBerry physical keyboard that did not have this 'grid of light' around most or every key.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:05 AM