02-26-15 09:16 PM
35 12
tools
    Downloaded the app yesterday and after it goes to register it states "device profile is missing". Anyone else have this issue and any fix?
    12-10-14 09:16 AM
    Downloaded the app yesterday and after it goes to register it states "device profile is missing". Anyone else have this issue and any fix?
    Make sure you have a Rogers NFC SIM card or it won't work. After that, perhaps you are on a different OS?
    12-10-14 10:15 AM
    I have a NFC Sim from Rogers and have been using Tim Hortons app. I am using the latest official OS that is on the Q10. Not sure what else to try.
    12-10-14 10:55 AM
    I have a NFC Sim from Rogers and have been using Tim Hortons app. I am using the latest official OS that is on the Q10. Not sure what else to try.
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...setLanguage=en

From the Rogers FAQ:

I'm having an issue registering my suretap wallet
    •Once entering the wallet for the first time and creating a passcode and security questions, your wallet needs to be registered. This process should take less than 5 minutes. If it takes any longer please ensure you have met the following criteria to register the suretap wallet: ◦You have an eligible suretap wallet device. Visit Redirect to the right page to confirm your device is eligible. ◾You must be using a device purchased from Rogers (and not a grey market device) with the latest Rogers approved software version installed

◦You are using a suretap SIM card (which is required to register the suretap wallet)
    ◦You are in an area with good data coverage and the device is not on WiFi

•If you meet the above criteria, please try to uninstall the wallet app, restart your device and reinstall the wallet app to see if that resolves the issue.
    •If none of the above helped with your issue please call Rogers Care at 1 888 ROGERS1 and ask for suretap wallet support
    12-10-14 12:14 PM
    Called Rogers. They have sent the error off to another tier. Will hear back in 5-10 days.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 06:09 PM
    I've got a Z30 and I just used my phone to pay for groceries using the $100 credit on my Rogers Prepaid Mastercard. It worked as easily as it does when tapping your credit card to pay. It was great. If only the app supported all types of cards (even if it just displayed a bar code), and all banks, we'd be laughing.

I'm in Canada, so it will be fun showing off to iPhone friends while they continue to wait for Apple to support mobile payments in Canada. Sorry, had to say it haha

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:34 PM
    Same issue here with my wife's Q10. Works on my Z30 but I get the Device Profile Missing message on the Q10. I tried uninstalling and rebooting, but still no go.

Please reply to this thread if you figure out how to get it working or if Rogers gives other tips. I'd love to get the $100 credit on this phone too and I think that promo expires Jan 6th.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 05:57 PM
    I'm having trouble seeing other credit cards. I'm in Ontario. Can anyone please post a list of all available credit cards that can be loaded? I called Rogers today and they will send me a text message about me not being able to load cards other than the gift cards or the free card. The guy went off and checked and said we could load any card to which I laughed. I don't think so, given that RBC is doing their own thing with Bell etc.. but that would be awesome if true. When I try to use the "card store" it sticks on the "loading " icon..

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:33 PM
    Congrats your Canadian NFC payment solution works in Canada first, with your Canadian carrier. Try it in the US sometime see if it works down here. I know US Apple pay devices work in Canada now.
    12-12-14 07:31 AM
    Havent heard back from Rogers yet. Hopefully soon. Worked flawlessly on my Z10
    12-12-14 08:52 AM
    Anyone have issues using Suretap with your own credit card? This is all it does for me, I can't add my own card.

Suretap Wallet-img_20141213_082626.png

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:27 AM
    Yes, that's exactly my issue. I call it the spinning circle of death.. I placed a tech support call. They called me back once to verify I was on the right hardware and now they have approved my call for the next level. I should hear back by Monday. I'll update this post if I get any news.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:52 PM
    Anyone have issues using Suretap with your own credit card? This is all it does for me, I can't add my own card.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141213_082626.png 
Views:	1067 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	320487

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it offers an option to add your own Credit Card yet. I get that spinning circle there too. But sometimes I don't and it's just blank or says coming soon.

I am having issues with the location feature not working though. I get my location but it doesn't show nearby merchants when they are there. Anyone?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    12-13-14 07:36 PM
    Kyleheney: do you know if your wife's BlackBerry is under a business account. My wife's is so possibly that may be the issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:21 PM
    Kyleheney: do you know if your wife's BlackBerry is under a business account. My wife's is so possibly that may be the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, Yes it is under a business plan, but so is my Z30 (exact same plan).

Just an FYI to others... this works in the States. I was in Buffalo this weekend and was able to tap to pay for a couple things.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:44 AM
    No Passport support yet. So much for all Q10 apps being compatible with it.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-15-14 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Any update?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:30 PM
    They still haven't gotten back to me yet..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBZ10wannabe; 12-18-14 at 07:10 PM.
    12-18-14 06:48 PM
    Could it be blocked for phones that aren't "native" Rogers devices? My Z30 was purchased from Rogers, but our Q10 is an unlocked Telus phone now being used on Rogers.... seems dumb though.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:30 PM
    My phone was natively purchased from Rogers. It is still locked to Rogers as far as I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:21 PM
    Okay that (hopefully) takes that possibility out of the way. I have contacted Rogers now too. If they get back to me quicker I'll keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:10 PM
    Rogers hasn't called me back and it's been past 10 days. They likely have no idea why it doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:53 PM
    I also haven't heard back to my email. I was told to email a certain Rogers support email account with a specific subject line (after talking to someone through their online chat support). I don't expect a reply in the near future so I'm thinking this isn't going to be resolved anytime soon. Gotta love Rogers.
    12-24-14 10:10 AM
    I'm sufering from the "Device profile is missing" issue as well with my Rogers Q10. I'm not sure if it's related, but if I log into the myRogers website, I see "My Phone" with a generic phone image, instead of seeing a Q10. I wonder if for some reason the imei Rogers has on file for me isn't showing up as a Q10 for some reason? Maybe somebody else with the device profile error can see if their Q10 shows up on the Rogers site.
    12-25-14 10:18 AM
    Most of the people who reported the 'device profile missing' error, indicated they had an unlocked Q10 or Q10 purchased from someone else other than Rogers. I would contact them and get an interaction number until they can explain why some people have this issue and others do not.

For the record, I have Rogers Q10 with 10.2.1 and after many phone calls and attempts, finally got the $100 prepaid mastercard added!

I'm sufering from the "Device profile is missing" issue as well with my Rogers Q10. I'm not sure if it's related, but if I log into the myRogers website, I see "My Phone" with a generic phone image, instead of seeing a Q10. I wonder if for some reason the imei Rogers has on file for me isn't showing up as a Q10 for some reason? Maybe somebody else with the device profile error can see if their Q10 shows up on the Rogers site.
    12-25-14 02:49 PM
35 12