I figured I'd start a rolling list of minor grievances/suggestions for improvements.

- when you type in App World, it should automatically search

- Skype's integration with the hub bothers me. I don't want notifications for when I sign online. I disabled the tick box, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

- selecting text is harder without a trackpad

- some BB10 apps not updated for Q10 yet. I want Cineplex and MyAccountant

- how adding social media to your device automatically pulls all your contacts and puts them on your phone. I don't want my fb contacts in my phone's contact list.

Feel free to add minor gripes and suggestions. Or to point out workarounds/misunderstandings/solutions for posted gripes.

The idea here is more to catalogue things that can be fixed and sort of crowd source solutions if any exist now. I know I haven't fully explored every option yet on my Q10

Posted on my Q10
    05-01-13 10:37 PM
    - I can't seem to set which calendar BlackBerry Travel should use.

- I can't change which calendar an event is tied to.

Posted on my Q10
    05-02-13 10:02 AM
    What is the problem with all your contacts together? With the letters to select from on the right hand side, it does not tale long to find your desired contact. I actually prefer this WAY more than if they were separated.

The only few things I want would be:

- Facebook messages in the Hub having the ability to attach pictures.
    - WhatsApp having its own section in the Hub.
    - In the default pull down settings menu, have screen brightness adjustments; NFC on/off; 4G on/off.

Other wise, I am happy. There are only minor 'improvements' to be made. Other than that, it is just evolution of the OS.

Some evolutionary things I would like to see would be a Google Now competitor. This could be done by purchasing Poynt and integrating it with BB10 OS. Then upgrading it massively.

I also would like to see BBM 'Updates' take an entirely new approach, with the ability to make blog posts, with likes and comments to people's statuses. I'm not really sure, but I am sure the minds at BB could think something up.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-02-13 12:22 PM
    I just want the option to not pull contacts. What's wrong with having the option?

- I want to be able to toggle wifi off/on without having to open an active frame or settings pane. I'd also like to see other things like nfc and cell toggles there, like on a 9900.

- I want search options to close the active frame if the action takes me out of it. I have no need for the search pane afterwards.

Posted on my Q10
    Addict9700 likes this.
    05-02-13 12:30 PM
    "Try it" to return when setting Notifications.
    05-02-13 05:08 PM
    No customizable notifications profiles and the song shuffle mode shuffles the same way over and over.
    05-02-13 05:31 PM
    - Typing in lots of places should automatically search. Like App World (previously mentioned), Password Keeper

- Holster settings for profiles should be added

Posted on my Q10
    05-02-13 05:36 PM
    My music app seems buggy. I listen to podcasts which are about an hour long each. My music app sometimes freezes after a while not allowing me to forward, rewind, pause etc. Podcast continues to play until I close the active frame.
    05-02-13 05:47 PM
    Wanting a quick keyboard jump to the hub, profile and home screen (and not the active apps please).

One touch dial reinstated.

Home screen shortcuts to bring up applications (l for calendar, n for BBM, u for calculator, etc.)

U for next unread message, del to delete and show next message's content (instead of the list).

Home screen intelligent link with whatsapp, meaning if I type "whatsapp peter", it will bring up whatsapp similar to sms peter bringing up the corresponding app.
    spike12 likes this.
    05-02-13 05:50 PM
    I'm also for the one key dialing. I also wish hitting the delete key twice would close the universal search.
    05-02-13 07:51 PM
    - Keyboard input for times in the calendar and alarm apps does not work well

- You can't set the default location for screenshots. Apps look to my media card for pictures, but my screenshots are on the device.

Posted on my Q10
    05-02-13 08:30 PM
    I just want the option to not pull contacts. What's wrong with having the option?

- I want to be able to toggle wifi off/on without having to open an active frame or settings pane. I'd also like to see other things like nfc and cell toggles there, like on a 9900.

Posted on my Q10
    When setting up Facebook it asks what info you want it to sync, inc contacts. Also in the contacts page you can toggle which it shows and which it doesn't.

Wifi and bluetooth can be toggled on and off from the top drop down menu by pressing the icon. This will simply turn them on and off like on the 9900. If you press the words next to the icon it opens the settings page for that particular field, ie Wifi settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:02 AM
    Oh. Well there we go. Two complaints down.

I guess I always hit the word for wifi instead of the icon. Thanks for the tip.

Twitter and Linked In didn't give me real options to not pull my contacts so I didn't trust fb not to. I know you can toggle them off, but I'd rather they not be pulled at all.

Posted on my Q10
    05-03-13 11:00 AM
    Wanting a quick keyboard jump to the hub, profile and home screen (and not the active apps please).

One touch dial reinstated.

Home screen shortcuts to bring up applications (l for calendar, n for BBM, u for calculator, etc.)

U for next unread message, del to delete and show next message's content (instead of the list).

Home screen intelligent link with whatsapp, meaning if I type "whatsapp peter", it will bring up whatsapp similar to sms peter bringing up the corresponding app.
    For the last point on whatsapp, Instant Actions api is said to be released later this year so developer can make use of it. Also I very much prefer having the option of typing "WhatsApp Peter" as well as simply "Wa Peter" since twitter is TW, facebook is FB, and linkedin is LI. However, I am hoping that perhaps BlackBerry will help them in pushing this function out sooner, as well as full hub integration. I know a lot of people who use whatsapp a lot, more so than sms.

Of course, I also hope that over the next couple of OS updates, BlackBerry will continue to expand on the commands for Instant Actions.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:52 AM
    The option to speed up capitalization when holding down a letter while typing.
    05-03-13 12:02 PM
    Oh, a combined social accounts updates got instant actions could be nice too. Like I could type "Tw/fb Message" to post to both social accounts, or "Tw/fb/Li Message".

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 01:01 PM
    Can you post to multiple social networks simultaneously from the hub like in Social Feeds on bb7?
    05-03-13 02:52 PM
    How do you drag and drop songs and videos into the folders like you could with the 9900? This link software is a bit of a nuisance.
    05-03-13 04:07 PM
    I had Link sync it for me. I did some dragging and dropping in explorer (just your usual Windows file browser) though, which works well.

Posted on my Q10
    05-03-13 04:09 PM