I was thinking of a way to solve my q10 battery life and came up with something stupid but might work. How bout if blackberry make a 2 in 1 phone? A back to back phone? 1 phone q10, a smartphone, and at the back a small screen just for calls and text with separate processor and separate battery. Or just make a phone with separate batteries for text and calls. I dont care if i lose power early on internet browsing or apps as long the text and call function can survive for at least 2 days. I know this might be stupid idea for some but to make a cellphone that doesnt last for a day is stupid to me. And yes i am more stupid because i bought one. In my defense i never thought the battery life could be this bad.
    07-07-13 11:37 AM
    What Q10 battery issues are you talking about. The battery is a beast. I'm a heavy user. About 5 hours of talk time between conference calls and 1:1's for work. Sending and receiving about 175 emails a day, bouncing about 200 texts back and forth, and countless BBM's. That's just 9-5pm. Afterwards there is browsing the net, Facebook, CrackBerry, and streaming music, and so on. Phone comes off the charger around 7:00am and goes back around 11:00pm That's about 16 hours of heavy use and I've never dipped below 40%. So I could probably make it about 30 hours with heavy use?

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 07-07-13 at 12:13 PM.
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-07-13 11:53 AM
    That's only 4 hrs...
    07-07-13 11:58 AM
    Why don't you just turn data off?
    07-07-13 11:59 AM
    What Q10 battery issues are you talking about. The battery is a beast. I'm a heavy user. About 5 hours of talk time between conference calls and 1:1's for work. Sending and receiving about 175 emails a day, bouncing about 200 texts back and forth, and countless BBM's. That's just 9-5pm. Afterwards there is browsing the net, Facebook, CrackBerry, and streaming music, and so on. Phone comes off the charger around 7:00am and goes back around 11:00am. That's about 16 hours of heavy use and I've never dipped below 40%. So I could probably make it about 30 hours with heavy use?

Posted via BlackBerry Q10. Best damn phone on the planet. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...

What OS are you using? You are a lucky guy... mine wont even last 15 hours and im not a heavy user. When i watch youtube or use the browser in just a few minutes i could see it drop 5%.
    07-07-13 12:07 PM
    Btw, my battery life fully charged at 7pm at 1am its 24%. A few minutes of youtube, 2-3 calls, a few texts,10 minutes bb world, hours on cb10 complaining about battery life. Hows that for battery life?
    07-07-13 12:17 PM
    That's only 4 hrs...
    Clearly a typo. It's corrected now. Thanks for pointing out though because clearly nobody reading the post would have put two and two together and realized it was typo. Thank god my reputation on here isn't ruined by flip flopping am with pm by accident. How about helping people with their device issues instead of flaws in their typing.

07-07-13 12:18 PM
    Btw, my battery life fully charged at 7pm at 1am its 24%. A few minutes of youtube, 2-3 calls, a few texts,10 minutes bb world, hours on cb10 complaining about battery life. Hows that for battery life?
    Not great and also not normal. Unless your calls were an hour long and you are in a weak service area for example.
    07-07-13 12:18 PM
    I would rather have a z10 on one side and a. Q10 on the other. Or a slider.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:19 PM
    Not great and also not normal. Unless your calls were an hour long and you are in a weak service area for example.

It was just a few minute calls and my signal is full bars. I hope its just the OS or the battery that has issues. Does brightness drain battery fast? Cause i have it nearly full.
    07-07-13 12:22 PM
    Yeah, so it appears the major difference is the browsing and streaming. My battery takes a beating, but like I said it's 90% phone calls, texts, emails, and bbm's. Other than that I'll use Facebook occasionally if I get a notification. I do use CrackBerry often but don't think that drains the battery. So we are probably just using our phones differently. I don't typically stream to much and only really use YouTube if someone sends me an email with a link and I don't have my tablet with me.

07-07-13 12:25 PM
    Omg! I really think i have a battery problem. From my previous post i stated that i had 24% battery life at 1am now its 1:50am and its 12%. The back of my q10 feels warm. Any solutions? Suggestions?
    07-07-13 12:43 PM
    I was thinking of a way to solve my q10 battery life and came up with something stupid but might work. How bout if blackberry make a 2 in 1 phone? A back to back phone? 1 phone q10, a smartphone, and at the back a small screen just for calls and text with separate processor and separate battery. Or just make a phone with separate batteries for text and calls. I dont care if i lose power early on internet browsing or apps as long the text and call function can survive for at least 2 days. I know this might be stupid idea for some but to make a cellphone that doesnt last for a day is stupid to me. And yes i am more stupid because i bought one. In my defense i never thought the battery life could be this bad.
    Back to the topic. There are a ton of threads on how long people's batteries are lasting. I wonder if this is even possible? Wouldn't you have to split the OS somehow? Any techies out there that can tell us if this is even possible?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:51 PM