For me I prefer the curved keyboard but still love my passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:02 PM
    surprised to hear that the Classic doesn't have a light up track pad like on the 9790 & 9900. :/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using CB Forums
    11-17-14 07:09 PM
    I couldn't say what is best as I never used a curved one but I can see like a natural evolution towards something here:
    Curved>straight>3 rows and...>slider?

Posted via CB10
    God I hope not -- had the torch and it was my least favorite BlackBerry I have owned (even behind the storm). I feel like you comprise to much of the keyboard with a slider design (unless it's the old windows mobile sliders).

The keyboard on bold/curve/Q10 is much better IMO.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:43 PM
    surprised to hear that the Classic doesn't have a light up track pad like on the 9790 & 9900. :/

I couldn't understand why they didn't add the light up trackpad. It's beyond me.

The Amazing Passport is charging, Posted via Q10
    11-17-14 07:43 PM
    God I hope not -- had the torch and it was my least favorite BlackBerry I have owned (even behind the storm). I feel like you comprise to much of the keyboard with a slider design (unless it's the old windows mobile sliders).

The keyboard on bold/curve/Q10 is much better IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Well I was only stating that the successive keyboards went narrower and narrower so I imagine the next one could be a slider.
    I would let them a chance with the next iteration of the slider keyboard though.
    Even if I am a huge fan of the Q10's keyboard I could easily imagine a Q10 shape like form factor with 3.7-4" screen associated to a slider (4 rows of key would be better)

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:52 PM
    For me the best keyboard is between the Bold 9790 & the Torch 9800/9810. With the torch 9800 it took me around 6-7 days to get use to it.. when I did I'm able to type very very quickly.

With the 9790 I disliked the keyboard at first as I didn't how the letters curved either side of the phone & at times when my hands were sweaty they just slid of the keyboard.. but again after some time i got used to it & can type equally as fast when im using the 9800.

Not a fan of the straight keyboard. Haven't been able to get used to the Q10 keyboard. I use to be able to type my message without even looking at the keyboard.. perhaps the curved style layout is nailed in my head of using that style for around 7 years now lol

11-18-14 11:35 PM
    Well I was only stating that the successive keyboards went narrower and narrower so I imagine the next one could be a slider.
    I would let them a chance with the next iteration of the slider keyboard though.
    Even if I am a huge fan of the Q10's keyboard I could easily imagine a Q10 shape like form factor with 3.7-4" screen associated to a slider (4 rows of key would be better)

Posted via CB10
    Well I get the appeal of the slider I just think that the keyboard gets comprised too much. Bb10 vkb being so nice I don't think it's all that necessary of a design. Plus the sliding mechanism brings a whole new set of issues when it comes to durability. The Q10 already has enough people having the dbl typing issue the company does need that potential for problems right now.

In the future 2016 ish --when I think the company will be a good place financially -- I hope they make one for people that desire the design. I just think now the passport, classic and Z30 successor should be the focus.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:26 AM
    Well I get the appeal of the slider I just think that the keyboard gets comprised too much. Bb10 vkb being so nice I don't think it's all that necessary of a design. Plus the sliding mechanism brings a whole new set of issues when it comes to durability. The Q10 already has enough people having the dbl typing issue the company does need that potential for problems right now.

In the future 2016 ish --when I think the company will be a good place financially -- I hope they make one for people that desire the design. I just think now the passport, classic and Z30 successor should be the focus.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. they took a huge leap of faith with the passport design and it seems so far so good but I wouldn't take anymore risks right now. Focus on the classic, passport and a Z30 upgrade. Maybe even release a Z3 as a cheaper alternative if sales pick up to the level that they were in the past. They could also, possibly, maybe, release another Q series device, without the utility belt and include a larger screen.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-19-14 06:32 AM
    I'd prefer any pkb device curved or not just because of my experiences with a vkb. Of course, we all like to play "if I were the king for the day," and put our own ideas out there what we would change or keep the same. I just hope BlackBerry will listen to their customers at some point and make devices that those with Z's, Q's, etc. Can upgrade to with confidence. I know we'd all like that. I just hope they don't forget.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    11-19-14 06:55 AM
    I'd prefer any pkb device curved or not just because of my experiences with a vkb. Of course, we all like to play "if I were the king for the day," and put our own ideas out there what we would change or keep the same. I just hope BlackBerry will listen to their customers at some point and make devices that those with Z's, Q's, etc. Can upgrade to with confidence. I know we'd all like that. I just hope they don't forget.

I wouldn't say that they don't listen to their customers. They just don't listen enough. For example, we wanted the copy/function fixed in the OS when BB10 debuted, they fixed it. When the bold 9000 debuted, people were complaining that it was too big, so they downsized it with the 9700. Because people are never happy with what they get from a company, the form factor of the 9000 was asked for again and the 99xx series was created. I wish they'd actually have a hand here at crackberry and ask us what we wanted to see. I think it could help to a point. If there is demand, they'll be supply. I upgraded with little confidence to the passport. Thankfully I love it. If I hadn't though, and I went from the Q10 to the Classic. I wouldn't have been uncomfortable at all making that purchase.

The classic is a perfect example of listening to the customer. The spec debate is another story. People want more power than they need.

11-19-14 07:24 AM
    That's great! But I'm also hoping they will do the same for the Z and Q. Cause I'm not really interested in the pp or classic personally and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I did do a survey they emailed me and I was honest and detailed so I'm hoping they will look it over and address what they can.

11-19-14 07:39 AM
    I like the straight keyboard and love the design of the Q10.
    I think it looks modern and minimal whereas the older 9900 looks old fashioned but it's all about opinions.....

Q10 please stop double typing.
    11-19-14 07:58 AM
    That's great! But I'm also hoping they will do the same for the Z and Q. Cause I'm not really interested in the pp or classic personally and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I did do a survey they emailed me and I was honest and detailed so I'm hoping they will look it over and address what they can.

Sure, don't buy the passport, but at least when it comes to your local store, try it out. I blindly bought my passport. It looked way too big for me but I bought it and I absolutely love it. The screen is huge. I'm sure you would enjoy the screen size. But if you're a strictly full touch type of person, you're the one they should be making a full touch device for. They definitely need one on the market. And that's besides the claim that they're not currently reaching into the consumer market.

11-19-14 08:08 AM
    Sure, don't buy the passport, but at least when it comes to your local store, try it out. I blindly bought my passport. It looked way too big for me but I bought it and I absolutely love it. The screen is huge. I'm sure you would enjoy the screen size. But if you're a strictly full touch type of person, you're the one they should be making a full touch device for. They definitely need one on the market. And that's besides the claim that they're not currently reaching into the consumer market.

I came from a large phone. I prefer the Q size. That's great that you love your pp and it worked out from you. The classic will be great for my husband but I prefer a petite phone for my hands. My upgrade is not for 2 years so I'll wait and see what BlackBerry will come up with and if Sprint will offer it. I'm patient though, I'm enjoying my Q10 for the time being! But thanks for your feedback!

11-19-14 08:15 AM
    I came from a large phone. I prefer the Q size. That's great that you love your pp and it worked out from you. The classic will be great for my husband but I prefer a petite phone for my hands. My upgrade is not for 2 years so I'll wait and see what BlackBerry will come up with and if Sprint will offer it. I'm patient though, I'm enjoying my Q10 for the time being! But thanks for your feedback!

Ouch, Sprint. Surprised they're not dead yet lol. At least over here. Sprint used to be a big player where I live. Now it's rare to find someone that has Sprint. I wouldn't stay on contract. Buy a phone outright. Ends up cheaper in the end.

11-19-14 08:39 AM
    It's the same question as "do you prefer this"
    Straight keyboard vs curved-img_20141119_153715_edit_edit.png
    "Or that ? "
    Straight keyboard vs curved-img_20141119_153743_edit_edit.png

It's a question of investment and preference... Use long enough one of them and it be difficult to switch. That's all.
    11-19-14 08:52 AM
    Ouch, Sprint. Surprised they're not dead yet lol. At least over here. Sprint used to be a big player where I live. Now it's rare to find someone that has Sprint. I wouldn't stay on contract. Buy a phone outright. Ends up cheaper in the end.

Lol yup they are still alive! It's cause their plan is the least expensive I stay. In 2 years once my contract is up I will consider switching but they have to have an awesome data plan! Mine is 60.00/person unlimited data plus 1500 mins (between my husband and I) the only time minutes count is on landlines! So a buck twenty plus our insurance. I'm from cali the sprint reception wasn't so great, but here in Maine it's awesome! So if someone could share a good plan with me I can start doing my research! I've had sprint for 8 years! If BlackBerry won't be no longer with them I might have to switch after my contract.

11-19-14 09:06 AM
    Lol yup they are still alive! It's cause their plan is the least expensive I stay. In 2 years once my contract is up I will consider switching but they have to have an awesome data plan! Mine is 60.00/person unlimited data plus 1500 mins (between my husband and I) the only time minutes count is on landlines! So a buck twenty plus our insurance. I'm from cali the sprint reception wasn't so great, but here in Maine it's awesome! So if someone could share a good plan with me I can start doing my research! I've had sprint for 8 years! If BlackBerry won't be no longer with them I might have to switch after my contract.

Definitely less than what I'm paying for two phones on tmobile but I get unlimited minutes and text. I get 3GB of high speed 4glte data. After going over my data, I get throttled, but don't get charged anything extra. About $30 more expensive than what you're paying total.

11-19-14 09:13 AM
    It's the same question as "do you prefer this"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141119_153715_edit_edit.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	315470
    "Or that ? "
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141119_153743_edit_edit.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	315471

It's a question of investment and preference... Use long enough one of them and it be difficult to switch. That's all.
    No sorry. It's a completely different thing on a blackberry. The design itsnt that drastic. Those curved computer keyboards provide a completely different experience. Hand and wrist placement changed while one a blackberry it doesnt.

11-19-14 09:15 AM
    No sorry. It's a completely different thing on a blackberry.
    I don't think so, it's just a story about muscles memory
    11-19-14 09:18 AM
    Definitely less than what I'm paying for two phones on tmobile but I get unlimited minutes and text. I get 3GB of high speed 4glte data. After going over my data, I get throttled, but don't get charged anything extra. About $30 more expensive than what you're paying total.

Yes I get unlimited text calls too! But I only maybe use 2GB of data a month. I don't use my phone for much just the basics and facebook to post for my makeup business but that's it! So I'm probably going to change it we'll see. Because if I'm not using what I'm paying for, I can downgrade my plan and save more.

11-19-14 10:15 AM
    You can't campare q10s kb to 9900. Rubbish both are awesome in their place.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:33 AM
    No sorry. It's a completely different thing on a blackberry. The design itsnt that drastic. Those curved computer keyboards provide a completely different experience. Hand and wrist placement changed while one a blackberry it doesnt.

I actually think this is accurate of the feeling of the keyboards. I know hand placement doesn't change but I do feel the curved keyboard is more ergonomic. I feel like the "t" and "y" characters are a little easier to get to on the curved model.

Both are great though!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:50 AM
    I actually think this is accurate of the feeling of the keyboards. I know hand placement doesn't change but I do feel the curved keyboard is more ergonomic. I feel like the "t" and "y" characters are a little easier to get to on the curved model.

Both are great though!

Posted via CB10
    I was at best buy with the wife recently, which is funny because we're now talking about the keyboard differences. We were just meandering about. No interest in actually spending any money. Window shopping if you will. We saw those curved keyboards. She typed out ' hi my name is isabel' on the normal keyboard. Her right index finger would hit the 'b' button. On the curved keyboard the letter 'b' was on the left side. It was very different. She now had to use a whole different hand to hit a specific letter. This isn't the case with curved and straight BlackBerry keyboards. You hit the same letters with the same fingers when typing the same word. Unless we have different typing styles that is.

11-19-14 11:22 AM
    I had the same reaction when I first saw the Q10 but after fifteen months of not using a physical keyboard. I came back to using the Passport without a problem. Amazing how the human brain can adapt and adjust.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-19-14 11:29 AM
52 123