I'm really not digging the look of the straight keyboard so far as I see the pros and cons as the following;

Pros:
    - Bigger screen real estate

Cons:
    -Uglier
    -Less ergonomic

It's a shame to see the new Classic with the straight keyboard as well, was hoping for the curved.
    11-12-14 10:55 PM
    I enjoyed typing more on my Bold 9900. Not sure why. Maybe because my keyboard keys on my Q are a bit harder than those on my 9900, and the annoying double typing issues. I thought that I'd enjoy typing more on the Q before I got it.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:26 PM
    It's a shame to see the new Classic with the straight keyboard as well, was hoping for the curved.
    Definitely could have made the keys on the tool belt smaller near sides so the keyboard could be curved. Another miss???

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 11:45 PM
    Definitely could have made the keys on the tool belt smaller near sides so the keyboard could be curved. Another miss???

Posted via CB10
    Looks like it, and the buttons and track pad on the classic look smaller than the Bold 9900 and no light up track pad on the classic. Subtle details go a long way and it looks like BB missed it again although I'll prob upgrade my Bold 9900 to the classic despite that.
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-13-14 12:30 AM
    I have mixed feelings- I find I type faster on my 9300 but likely due to the keys being smaller and closer together. I don't really mind the Q10 keyboard but think the curved letters might be the cause of the double typing issue. Just my theory

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:36 AM
    I prefer straight keyboard and my q10 never had double typing issue

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:50 AM
    It doesn't phase me one bit! I just type so much better with my Q10! I feel like I have more space to move my fingers. And I don't have a double typing issue. Any BlackBerry pkb is better than vkb.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    11-13-14 06:20 AM
    I perfer the curved keyboard -- I find it to be more ergonomic and faster. However, I believe the Q10s keyboard to be really good despite being straight.

I think the classic should have had a bigger trackpad and the curved keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    1TIME likes this.
    11-13-14 08:10 AM
    No trackpad light on Classic? Bummer. That's part of the charm of the 9900.
    11-13-14 09:39 AM
    Oh, well, I think the curved keyboard is uglier.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-13-14 09:49 AM
    Oh, well, I think the curved keyboard is uglier.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    I never thought about it much but you are correct the straight keyboard does look better.

Still would prefer the curved because of feel. Maybe just on the classic and make a Q10 successor keyboard straight.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:27 PM
    The only other full qwerty bb's I had were the 8520, 9670 and 9810, all of which had sub-par keyboards compared to the bold series. I did try the 9900 keyboard (my sister owned one) and it was very nice, though I can't confirm that the curvature made a difference. The key shape was definitely better imo, but I personally don't have a problem tapping out long messages with the Q10. It all depends on hand size and personal preference I guess
    11-14-14 06:34 PM
    The only other full qwerty bb's I had were the 8520, 9670 and 9810, all of which had sub-par keyboards compared to the bold series. I did try the 9900 keyboard (my sister owned one) and it was very nice, though I can't confirm that the curvature made a difference. The key shape was definitely better imo, but I personally don't have a problem tapping out long messages with the Q10. It all depends on hand size and personal preference I guess
    Yeah I had the bold 9000 and 9900 which both had amazing pkb. I think you're correct it probably is more personal than anything. I have only had the Q for a week now so I may get to the point where I prefer this design.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 07:18 PM
    I picked up a Q10 two weeks ago and I have to say the keyboard is great. I thought the straight keyboard would be an issue, but I was wrong! I actually believe that I am faster on the Q10 because of the straight keyboard. The larger keys are also a plus! I thought I would miss the curved keyboard layout of the 9900, but I was wrong. The Q10 is much better for me.
    11-15-14 12:25 AM
    I prefer the straight keyboard. The keys are still sculpted, which makes typing effortless. Also, it looks more modern and less 2005. Lastly, I don't type any better or worse on the curved or straight keyboard. I welcome the larger keys on the straight keyboard

Envoy� par mon Z10
    11-15-14 12:39 AM
    I'm really not digging the look of the straight keyboard so far as I see the pros and cons as the following;

Pros:
    - Bigger screen real estate

Cons:
    -Uglier
    -Less ergonomic

I was hoping for this too. I'm terrible with photoshop. If someone could render a classic with a curved keyboard it would be cool to look at. Maybe they were staying away from look too much like the old? Who knows

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-15-14 11:25 AM
    Straight is better imo but I do miss my old Curve from back in the day

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 11:43 AM
    I was hoping for this too. I'm terrible with photoshop. If someone could render a classic with a curved keyboard it would be cool to look at. Maybe they were staying away from look too much like the old? Who knows

Straight keyboard makes it look less modern and more old. Think of chairs when they originally came out, straight and uncomfortable, people got back pain and injuries and then ergonomics came about and now we have chairs with all sorts of shapes and curves to maximize comfort and prevent injury.

Therefore I wish they kept the curved keyboard, I'm open miinded to trying the straight one though, I'm confident I'll eventually adjust.
    11-15-14 11:14 PM
    Straight keyboard makes it look less modern and more old. Think of chairs when they originally came out, straight and uncomfortable, people got back pain and injuries and then ergonomics came about and now we have chairs with all sorts of shapes and curves to maximize comfort and prevent injury.

Therefore I wish they kept the curved keyboard, I'm open miinded to trying the straight one though, I'm confident I'll eventually adjust.
    What I meant by a newer device sporting a curved keyboard is that the average consumer wouldn't be able to make out the difference between the old and the new.

11-15-14 11:15 PM
    I prefer a curved keyboard, like that of the Bold 9900. Best keyboard ever. I was disappointed when the Q10 was revealed to have a straight keyboard (but I got the Q10 anyway, because I was due for an upgrade under my carrier plan).

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 05:11 AM
    I prefer a curved keyboard, like that of the Bold 9900. Best keyboard ever. I was disappointed when the Q10 was revealed to have a straight keyboard (but I got the Q10 anyway, because I was due for an upgrade under my carrier plan).

Posted via CB10
    How do you find the difference between curved and straight?
    11-17-14 12:51 AM
    How do you find the difference between curved and straight?
    It's not too different. Just stylistically awkward. The curved keyboard looked better in my opinion. I typed just as fast on my Q10 though. There's nothing to worry about there.

11-17-14 06:55 AM
    Cons:
    -Uglier
    -Less ergonomic
    That's like, your opinion, man.
    IMO, Q10 keyboard looks classy in my books and I can use it with easy. I don't feel like it somehow cuts down on ergonomics. Then again, that's my first Blackberry device, so I guess mileage can vary for other people...
    11-17-14 12:02 PM
    curve,just looks nicer..

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:44 PM
    I couldn't say what is best as I never used a curved one but I can see like a natural evolution towards something here:
    Curved>straight>3 rows and...>slider?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:48 PM
52 123