It was a warm July afternoon about 2:00pm Eastern Time. The temperature was approximately 96 degrees fahrenheit. My phone rang and I reached into my holster with my sweaty hand and attempted to slide it out. Next thing I knew my Q10 was falling end over end towards the pavement in slow motion. I felt so hopeless as I lunged forward to grab it from thin air. And then thump, it hit the concrete. I quickly picked it up checking to ensure the screen was bot cracked first. As I triumphantly jumped around the busy street I notice the damage done around the upper left bezel. My perfect Q10, was perfect no more. What had I'd done. How dare I be so careless with my AWESOME device. I now have two days I will never forget. The day I got my Q10 and the first day I dropped and damaged it.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-16-13 03:58 PM
    Awee

I think you deserve a hug..E-Hug

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    wagnerescanio likes this.
    07-16-13 04:11 PM
    Its good to see that the screen was still intact!
    RafiqK likes this.
    07-16-13 04:15 PM
    There's not much worse then dropping a smartphone only to find the screen is cracked! Glad to hear yours survived.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:37 PM
    I dropped my phone on concrete yesterday outside a mini golf course. I got some damage to my once perfect Rosewood case. Also, of course, the case popped off on impact. I got a few scuffs on my device... ugh. Concrete is the least forgiving surface to drop a phone on.

Storytellers: 1st Time Dropping Q10-damaged-rosewood-case.jpg
    Storytellers: 1st Time Dropping Q10-damaged-q10-plastic.jpg
    Storytellers: 1st Time Dropping Q10-damaged-q10-battery-door.jpg

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-16-13 05:02 PM
    I dropped my phone on concrete yesterday outside a mini golf course. I got some damage to my once perfect Rosewood case. Also, of course, the case popped off on impact. I got a few scuffs on my device... ugh. Concrete is the least forgiving surface to drop a phone on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Damaged Rosewood Case.jpg 
Views:	1295 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	183287

Name:	Damaged Q10 Plastic.jpg 
Views:	1296 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	183288

Name:	Damaged Q10 Battery Door.jpg 
Views:	1294 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	183289

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Clearly feel your pain, mine looks like your 2nd pic but is the top left and a bit deeper.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-16-13 07:56 PM
    Omg, the same thing happened to me. Fortunately, there was a soft carpet that separated my phone and the hard floor...good to see that Blackberry is making some solid phones...

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 12:13 PM
    Haven't quite dropped it but it has slipped out of my basketball shorts a few times in a car. Got lost underneath the seat and I was just hoping the screen didn't get scratched thankfully it didn't, but my I key looks to be a little jammed.
    07-20-13 12:24 PM
    I'm a zealot about not using a phone case in day-to-day use even though I recognize sooner or later I'm going to drop my phone. Fortunately I've only dropped my Q10 twice so far, once on my hardwoods at home from waist height and once on tile floor from, err, sitting height. The battery cover sure likes to fly off! Otherwise I've been spared any real damage.
    07-20-13 03:37 PM
    I've also but accidentally flung my phone from waist length onto pavement BUT I use the oem soft shell as well as the leather holster and the soft shell is awesome for drops. My device still looks brand new.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 03:42 PM
    The soft shell fits into the leather holster? I've got the leather pouch and looked at cases that will fit but I wasn't sure the shell would.

Posted via my Fratberry Q10
    07-20-13 04:48 PM
    The soft shell fits into the leather holster? I've got the leather pouch and looked at cases that will fit but I wasn't sure the shell would.

Posted via my Fratberry Q10
    The holster is the one with belt clip as in the pic!
    Ps> a lot of people get the leather pouch and holster confused!
    The soft shell fits perfectly in the holster with the q10 and has wiggle room. BlackBerry designed it to fit. As for the leather pouch I am not aware of any shell that will fit into that.

Storytellers: 1st Time Dropping Q10-img_00000180.jpg

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    07-20-13 05:16 PM
    The Q is one sturdy phone. Reminds me of the old Bold 97xx series. Great battery and the phone can take a beating!

I've dropped mine countless times on the pavement and on transit.. still looking and working beautifully! Rather change the housing than get a case..

Posted via Blackberry Q10 Smartphone
    07-20-13 06:44 PM
    It was a warm July afternoon about 2:00pm Eastern Time. The temperature was approximately 96 degrees fahrenheit. My phone rang and I reached into my holster with my sweaty hand and attempted to slide it out. Next thing I knew my Q10 was falling end over end towards the pavement in slow motion. I felt so hopeless as I lunged forward to grab it from thin air. And then thump, it hit the concrete. I quickly picked it up checking to ensure the screen was bot cracked first. As I triumphantly jumped around the busy street I notice the damage done around the upper left bezel. My perfect Q10, was perfect no more. What had I'd done. How dare I be so careless with my AWESOME device. I now have two days I will never forget. The day I got my Q10 and the first day I dropped and damaged it.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    How unfortunate
    07-21-13 08:10 AM
    Otterbox defender (if you can get it) with bubble wrap!

Ooooh I would be mad if I dropped mine! I currently have the oem BlackBerry holster and BlackBerry soft shell - don't have a screen protector yet... I get the feeling it's only a matter of time...

Ouch!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    07-21-13 12:35 PM
    My daughter has dropped my Q10 a few times on our kitchen floor, no damage though. Today I bought an Otterbox Defender case for future mishaps.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 04:01 PM