I didn't take any computer programming classes in college. I pay people for that crap. I am going by what one the CB guys told me. My guess is they know a lot more than you.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:09 PM
    Homescreen speed dial is a "java" feature? Do you even know what that is? I take it you didn't take any computer programming classes in college right? :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that what he meant was the features originally coded in java.
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    11-25-13 11:23 PM
    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that what he meant was the features originally coded in java.
    Except that's a completely irrelevant fact... Technically the entire old OS is all based on java. So, I guess they shouldn't have known how to make the current BlackBerry phones do ANYTHING...

The fact is, there's nothing about that feature or any other feature, that's specific to Java. So mentioning that is about as useless as it comes. But glad to see the circle "pat each other on the back" is still in full swing...
    11-26-13 02:30 AM
    Except that's a completely irrelevant fact... Technically the entire old OS is all based on java. So, I guess they shouldn't have known how to make the current BlackBerry phones do ANYTHING...

The fact is, there's nothing about that feature or any other feature, that's specific to Java. So mentioning that is about as useless as it comes. But glad to see the circle "pat each other on the back" is still in full swing...
    Are you serious or are you just trolling? Read it again:

The features originally coded in java.

Read it over and over until you understand what that means.
    11-26-13 02:37 AM

Nah, he has a point. His response was to an uneducated guess that the features were unique to "java", which is wrong. He simply, well sarcastically, addressed that.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:11 AM
    I'm using 10.2.1.1055 and I have home screen speed dialing on my Q10

Posted via Q10
    11-26-13 09:35 AM
    I guess maybe your college didn't teach you how to read. I will say it again, just try reading slower and maybe that will help. Many of the old legacy features will make their way to BB10 when BlackBerry developers figure out how to implement them into QNX. If you still don't get that, ask one of the Crackberry Team members, like say Chris, and trying telling them what you are saying here. Have fun with that genuis.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:06 AM

Actually, apparently I have a better grasp at what needs to be re-read, and this is it: "It is just taking a long time for the developers to figure out how to implement Java features into QNX."

Sure it just so happen to be coded in Java since that was the language the old OS was based on, but that doesn't make it a "Java feature" as in it is unique to Java and that somehow makes it difficult to use on a device that uses the QNX kernel... EVERYTHING the old phones did (make phone calls, send text messages, open an app when the icon was touched, entered a letter when a key on the keyboard was pushed, etc.) would then be a "java feature" under that logic... :-D
    11-26-13 10:32 AM
    I'm using 10.2.1.1055 and I have home screen speed dialing on my Q10

Posted via Q10
    Awesome man, I'm really looking forward to the official release that I will sideload. Not going to wait until AT&T releases it OTA because that'll probably be like 3 years from now, lol. :-D
    11-26-13 10:32 AM
    Nah, he has a point. His response was to an uneducated guess that the features were unique to "java", which is wrong. He simply, well sarcastically, addressed that.

Posted via CB10
    Shush you, logic has no place on these forums... ;-)
    11-26-13 10:33 AM
    I guess maybe your college didn't teach you how to read. I will say it again, just try reading slower and maybe that will help. Many of the old legacy features will make their way to BB10 when BlackBerry developers figure out how to implement them into QNX. If you still don't get that, ask one of the Crackberry Team members, like say Chris, and trying telling them what you are saying here. Have fun with that genuis.

Posted via CB10
    Nice try dude. Keep giving BB excuses that they are not making themselves, that's how progress is made. ;-)

C++ (get it?) for effort.
    11-26-13 10:34 AM
    What are you, 10? It's not exactly making excuses saying that it's taking BlackBerry some time to figure out how to implement QNX.

And I am not the one who said this...it was a direct quote from Crackberry. I would love for you to argue this with them. Enjoy.
    Nice try dude. Keep giving BB excuses that they are not making themselves, that's how progress is made. ;-)

C++ (get it?) for effort.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:44 AM
    What are you, 10? It's not exactly making excuses saying that it's taking BlackBerry some time to figure out how to implement QNX.

And I am not the one who said this...it was a direct quote from Crackberry. I would love for you to argue this with them. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    In case you haven't figured it out, CrackBerry =/= BlackBerry

So basically, if I listen to you, that'll be listening to hearsay on top of speculation... Try to get that through a courtroom... :-D

Edit: Well, hearsay can be admissible if it's someone's dying words. But you're alive and well, so...
    11-26-13 11:19 AM
    Let me help you with this. This forum IS Crackberry. If you have a problem with that, maybe go back to the Cartoon Network forum? You are too blind to even know when someone is actually agreeing with you. Imagine that.
    In case you haven't figured it out, CrackBerry =/= BlackBerry

So basically, if I listen to you, that'll be listening to hearsay on top of speculation... Try to get that through a courtroom... :-D

Edit: Well, hearsay can be admissible if it's someone's dying words. But you're alive and well, so...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by waterfrontmgmt; 11-26-13 at 12:09 PM.
    11-26-13 11:26 AM
    Let me help you with this. This forum IS Crackberry. If you have a problem with that, maybe go back to the Cartoon Network forum? Trying to insult people that post FACTS make you look like...well you know what people have said about you. I will leave it at that.

Posted via CB10
    Facts? Really? You're still going by that? So it's a fact that it's a unique java feature? Anyway, you've resorted to ad hominem many times already, which pretty much means it's hopeless at this point to get anything actually constructive out of you. So if you want to have the last word to feel like you've "won" that's fine by me, go right ahead. :-)
    11-26-13 12:07 PM
    You're so kind. Again, I can't make you read, but do not put words in my mouth that I didn't say. I never said anything was unique. I will see if you can read this, or maybe get an adult to help. I said "Many of the old legacy features will make their way to BB10 when BlackBerry developers figure out how to implement them into QNX"

Do you really think that is wrong? Go ahead...this is a public forum. Argue your way out of this one.
    11-26-13 12:20 PM
    Like this? 10.2.1 might be your dream come tru

Still no homescreen one-button speed dialing on Q10 in 10.2... WTF?-img_00000628.png

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 12:24 PM
    Like this? 10.2.1 might be your dream come tru

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000628.png 
Views:	509 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	224460

Posted via CB10
    Yep yep, my prayers have been answered! :-) (so to speak, I'm not religious so didn't really pray for it, lol. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I respect freedom OF religion)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-26-13 03:15 PM
    N for BBM C for contacts B for browser and yes S for search works fine O for options etc. Once BB10.X has these features then the Q10 will be complete to me. Taking a bit long to implement. Probably have to wait for an APP to bring this back at this rate
    12-07-13 07:46 PM
    N for BBM C for contacts B for browser and yes S for search works fine O for options and T for tasks and D for Memopad and M for mail and V for saved and H for help and U for calculator and L for calendar and etc etc. Probably have to wait for an APP to bring this back at this rate
    Have all these app shortcuts been implemented into the Q10 yet?
    09-29-14 03:07 PM
    Have all these app shortcuts been implemented into the Q10 yet?
    No. But a customisable version of this is coming in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:10 PM
    No. But a customisable version of this is coming in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Wow, just wow. I can totally see why the OP (and many others) were very upset. And it's STILL not here!!! It's like a slap in the face to past BB users.
    09-29-14 03:27 PM
    Wow, just wow. I can totally see why the OP (and many others) were very upset. And it's STILL not here!!! It's like a slap in the face to past BB users.
    It's unbelievable that they missed such basic things like this, after having spent so many years perfecting/optimizing the OS. I heard yesterday the Blackberry's market share is now down to 1%...think how big the installed base used to be and how many customers have been lost/defected.
    09-29-14 04:14 PM
    It's unbelievable that they missed such basic things like this, after having spent so many years perfecting/optimizing the OS. I heard yesterday the Blackberry's market share is now down to 1%...think how big the installed base used to be and how many customers have been lost/defected.
    The customers were lost/defected well before bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:47 PM
    The customers were lost/defected well before bb10

Posted via CB10
    Yes, a lot were. But this was a big lost oppty to retain existing customers and generate new ones, and it ranks amongst the biggest flubs in business history.
    09-29-14 09:28 PM
402 ... 14151617