That's exactly what I'm implying. BB10 was built from scratch. It's just like if a whole city is destroyed by a fire (like was Chicago). At first when it is being rebuilt it WILL NOT have all the same things the old city had, but eventually most stuff will make it back. However, things like hitching posts will not make it back because they're obsolete, and some things like the huge fancy mansions or the skyscrapers will just take a lot longer because they're not necessity and take a long time to build, but they'll still come.

In my analogy, the hitching posts are the trackpad. Despite what people may think, right now they are becoming obsolete and have no place on a phone. There will always be those people who prefer horse and carriage, but cars are the future. Similarly, all the details like you like to complain about just take a little longer to build, but they'll still be built--they just have a smaller priority. You build the sewer system before you paint the lines on the road.

Posted via CB10
    So you're implying that BB10 is not capable of these simple features?? You know it is, the issue is not that the OS is built from scratch, these are conscious decisions made by the development team to not include these features. That's why it doesn't matter that the OS is new, they still should have in mind the features that make the keyboard phone a productive phone and they chose not to implement them. If long-press speed dialing works within the phone app, it can work outside of it, this was a design choice. There's nothing magical about the phone app, despite it looking like it's closed from the active frame, it's part of the phone, it's always running...
    10-30-13 12:19 AM
    I'm also frustrated; I thought this would have been resolved by now. What is the best way to send comments/complaints to BB?
    Register with BB Beta zone and make sure you register that you have a BB10 device and sign up for their BB10 program, then post it in their discussion. Also, I think sometimes their staff reads their facebook page. I think I'm going to post on there too...
    10-30-13 12:22 AM
    Not from home screen like in BBOS

Posted from BB10 running on 1GB of RAM only!
    Exactly. Press "1" from the BB10 home screen and I get a capital 'W' in universal search.
    Last edited by CJH_; 10-30-13 at 12:45 AM.
    10-30-13 12:34 AM
    Press the phone icon first.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want to do two things to achieve something! I want to press "1" from my homescreen and call voicemail... Is that difficult to implement?
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-30-13 12:36 AM
    I do understand and commiserate with you slagman - the 9900 was awesome and had some amazing features that BB10 does not have. Why you say? Well my thought is they brought in an entirely different tech team to create BB10 and those people obviously did not talk to the other Legacy Techs. WHY I really don't know - it seems like common sense to us regular folk but that's what we got. Still I would not go back to my 9900 now - love my Q10 too much.

Posted via CB10
    See my post below.

Do you guys know why BB10 lags behind BBOS?

When RIM bought QNX, Mike L didn't integrate the OS Dev teams so you had a bunch of QNX Devs coding an OS (BB10) without understanding what makes BBOS great.
    The QNX guys had no love for BBOS unless they owned a Legacy BlackBerry.
    10-30-13 12:40 AM
    I'm sick and tired of people blaming the price of tea in china. It's been discussed, and settled, let's move on.

from an australian Z10...
    Really? Tea doesn't come from China, it mainly comes from India. And the prices are fluctuating.
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    10-30-13 12:43 AM
    Looking forward to the one button speed dial. The two button is food (auto corrected's interpretation of good) but the one button is best.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Just Me; 10-30-13 at 11:32 AM.
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-30-13 12:48 AM
    Really? Tea doesn't come from China, it mainly comes from India. And the prices are fluctuating.
    China has been growing tea for 4000 year and they remain the largest tea grower in the world. The health benefits of drinking one cup of tea a day including prevention of cardiovascular disease. Wait! what were we talking about?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    10-30-13 12:55 AM
    So you're implying that BB10 is not capable of these simple features?? You know it is, the issue is not that the OS is built from scratch, these are conscious decisions made by the development team to not include these features. That's why it doesn't matter that the OS is new, they still should have in mind the features that make the keyboard phone a productive phone and they chose not to implement them. If long-press speed dialing works within the phone app, it can work outside of it, this was a design choice. There's nothing magical about the phone app, despite it looking like it's closed from the active frame, it's part of the phone, it's always running...
    You are speculating at best. Universal search was implemented first as it was a top priority. Long press shortcut will come next. Agreed it was many peoples favorite feature but the universal search was something new, important and ubiquitous among touchscreen and keyboard devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:08 AM
    China has been growing tea for 4000 year and they remain the largest tea grower in the world. The health benefits of drinking one cup of tea a day including prevention of cardiovascular disease. Wait! what were we talking about?

Posted via CB10
    Haven't a clue
    10-30-13 01:26 AM
    And just so you know SoxFan, there is a plus or minus symbol on the BlackBerry keyboard: �

EDIT: It appears CB10 won't display it.

Posted via CB10
    Try using + or - to zoom in or out from an email. Then have a cup of tea.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:16 AM
    Try using + or - to zoom in or out from an email. Then have a cup of tea.
    That only works in the browser. Why would you want to zoom into an email anyway? Just increase your text size if you need it to be bigger. And I might have a cup of tea, but it'll have nothing to do with you or this conversation--I always drink tea.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:44 AM
    I just got my Q10 yesterday - I gave up my torch for this? What a piece of crap. The biggest thing is no one key speed dialing unless you are in the phone dial pad screen - kind of defeats the whole purpose of having it in the first place. This is a feature I used like 10 times a DAY! Why would they destroy this awesome feature.

And they also made programing it a nightmare as well - used to be easy and so quick!

After 24 hours with the Q10, I am seriously thinking I need to go to a Bold 9900 - this I believe is RIM at its Zenith. They will never fix the Q10 as they are now up for sale and don't care anymore
    10-30-13 08:17 AM
    I just got my Q10 yesterday - I gave up my torch for this? What a piece of crap. The biggest thing is no one key speed dialing unless you are in the phone dial pad screen - kind of defeats the whole purpose of having it in the first place. This is a feature I used like 10 times a DAY! Why would they destroy this awesome feature.

And they also made programing it a nightmare as well - used to be easy and so quick!

After 24 hours with the Q10, I am seriously thinking I need to go to a Bold 9900 - this I believe is RIM at its Zenith. They will never fix the Q10 as they are now up for sale and don't care anymore
    I've just ordered a sim-free Bold 9900, that will be a step up from my Q10.
    10-30-13 08:25 AM

The fact that they are "up for salke" doesn't change the running of the company. They are actually continually improving it as we speak. Keep an open mind, and remember that that these features will come.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:29 AM
    It is official. Blackberry listen to their users but doesn't do anything about it.

this post was in may 2013
    https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...02452483297280
    10-30-13 08:37 AM
    you signed up just to post this???? do yourself a favor and head to the tips and tricks thread.

Danny Ocean likes this.
    10-30-13 09:56 AM
    Looking forward to the one button speed dial. The two button is food but the one button is best.

Posted via CB10
    So now I every time I speed dial I have to put an entry into my side-loaded Fat Secret app (which runs better on the Q10 than the native app did on the 9930, btw)? Sheesh! You guys are right...get the onebutton speed dial going pronto!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:57 AM
    what's official about this?

It is official. Blackberry listen to their users but doesn't do anything about it.

this post was in may 2013
    https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...02452483297280
    10-30-13 09:58 AM
    I don't get why the same 4 people keep posting on these forums in different threads complaining about the same issues over and over, trying to convince people that love their Q10, that they are wrong? What are they hoping to accomplish? The people that have figured out all the features the Q10 has that work for them, are not going to read your complaints and change their mind.

Doing the same thing OVER and OVER and expecting a different result is the definition of insane.

Expecting that your constant rants are going to impact BB is insane. Join the Beta Zone or post to BB's twitter.

I think everyone would like speed dial from the homescreen and it's been announced that it is coming. If that is not good enough, activate your BBOS device in the meantime. it's not complicated.
    10-30-13 10:15 AM
    what's official about this?
    Is a figure of speech. Is official for me.
    10-30-13 10:30 AM
    Somehow I don't see this as a problem at all? Am I crazy?

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1791
    If you've ever used a Bold you'd know why it is a problem. This convenience tool just like so many others that were left off of BB10 are the reasons why so many BB users aren't able to rave about BB10. Why BBRY can't understand this is a tragedy not so much for the users but for BBRY. Imagine if they had 2, 3, 4 or 5 million rabid BB ambassadors out there selling people how great BB10 is and how wonderful an upgrade it is over BBOS/Bold? No amount of marketing spend can replace that type of buzz and word of mouth promotion.
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-30-13 11:26 AM
    The latest word (sort of)...

Still no homescreen one-button speed dialing on Q10 in 10.2... WTF?-img_00000150.png

Michael Clewey's BBM channel is C00014277 for those of you who have channels.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:19 PM
    The latest word (sort of)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000150.png 
Views:	347 
Size:	399.5 KB 
ID:	215722

Michael Clewey's BBM channel is C00014277 for those of you who have channels.

Posted via CB10
    So the details about when it is coming soon, are coming soon
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-30-13 02:01 PM
    In some ways, yes, because it had time to gain all these features. None of them were there from the start, and all these features are coming to BB10 much more quickly than they came to BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    I am SO tired of this argument! Changing to a new OS should not mean that BB forgets everything they learned from development of the old OS. Technology development is incremental (except with BB, it seems).
    anon(5828343) and slagman5 like this.
    10-30-13 02:11 PM
402 ... 34567 ...